Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Epsilon Zero Presents: Vegetator Professional v1.0, now available!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2007 00:28
November's newsletter has been released! Take advantage of the special offer, you subscribers who didn't win the free copy, because the limited-time $10 off sale has just started!

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 15th Nov 2007 08:25
Pretty cool man. I'd buy this if I had money.

Cheers,

-naota

"I'd newbie slap here, but I've no idea how far I'd need slap before they'd come back with a clue." - VanB
Aex.Uni forums
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2007 21:07 Edited at: 4th Jan 2008 21:48
Thanks.

For anyone who did not register for the newsletter, I've decided to make this special savings opportunity open to the public:

http://www.epsilonzero.com/vegetatorpro/novspecial.htm

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2008 21:48 Edited at: 4th Jan 2008 21:48
Sorry for the double post, but....

New News! Vegetator Professional Trial Version (v1.01) is now on Download.com!

http://www.download.com/Vegetator-Professional/3000-6677_4-10776821.html

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2008 22:38
I have a simple question, Could you make a feature that randomly places the selected object in a certain area?

As I have a HUGE terrain, And I rather not do all that manually, It will take quite some time to do that.(Hmm, maybe I shouldn't have used a 2048*2048 Heightmap)

Anyway, It works smooth, but the viewing distance in the editor Is a little picky too, If you could make that it can be changed in the settings menu, I'd appreciate it.

Great product, And I wish I used it before

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 00:01 Edited at: 5th Jan 2008 00:11
Thank you.

Sorry about that, it was features like changing the camera view distance that planned but never got around to doing. I'll work on an update for that right away. If you want to fill in an area randomly, choose your plant (like a tree) then switch to the field tool. The camera will lock into position. Place the four markers by left clicking (right click to undo) and it will fill in randomly when you place the last one. It's best to place them by placing the first marker in the top-left corner of the area you want to fill in, and then place the remaining three markers in a clockwise order, so that you end up with the last marker being at the bottom left.

I hope it works and please feel free to post with any questions. This being my first released commercial product I welcome any suggestions for future updates and ways to improve. I'll get to work on it right away.

EDIT: if you go here (http://www.epsilonzero.com/vegetatorpro/), and then click "how to", you'll find a list of all the program controls, if you need them.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 14:48 Edited at: 5th Jan 2008 21:59
Ah, thinks for that Field thing, It only created lines for me, But that is because i always draw my squares in a different order(Anti-Clockwise)

Anyway, I'll be working with this a little more, And try to create my showcase level to show my final results(I just love Fresnel Water)

EDIT:

Little suggestion for the field thing, Could you make, Like an options box in which you could specify how Dense you want everything to appear in the field? As if I want to make a large area, It places very few tree's, but on a small area it places alot of them on a tiny little space.

EDIT2:

Little image of my work(That bloom shader was one annoying fellow to get it work as I wanted it to do)

Low Res: (640*480)

Full Res: (1280*1024)
http://i14.tinypic.com/6ufz71z.png

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2008 10:21
Yes, the order that you place them is very important.

About the density thing, yes, I can. That was actually another thing I planned but unfortunetely never got around to either. I'll be sure to include it in the next update.

Quote: "Little image of my work(That bloom shader was one annoying fellow to get it work as I wanted it to do)"

Yes, I hating getting shaders to work. But that shot looks good! You're terrain looks better than the ones I make. It'd be interesting to see more of your work as it progresses.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2008 11:43 Edited at: 6th Jan 2008 11:57
Quote: "Yes, the order that you place them is very important."

I noticed so

Quote: "About the density thing, yes, I can. That was actually another thing I planned but unfortunetely never got around to either. I'll be sure to include it in the next update."

Great to hear that, It will sure make it alot easier then to make 20 fields near the same area, just to get a larger space filled up

Quote: "Yes, I hating getting shaders to work. But that shot looks good! You're terrain looks better than the ones I make. It'd be interesting to see more of your work as it progresses."

I'm actually re-designing the full Vegetation map, as it was just a quick mock-up, and I wanted to know how fast it loaded in DBP(Which was quite fast, 3 seconds for about 2000 objects)

The terrain is just a simple heightmap and baked texture map i made with Strataworks, which took me a few minutes too.

EDIT:

Alright, it crashed on me. When i got around 12,000 objects the editor crashed on me.

Or on 10.000 objects, Can't recall it correctly.
Was working on a huge grass area with alot of tree's on it too.

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2008 00:01 Edited at: 7th Jan 2008 00:06
Quote: "I'm actually re-designing the full Vegetation map, as it was just a quick mock-up, and I wanted to know how fast it loaded in DBP(Which was quite fast, 3 seconds for about 2000 objects)"

Great, glad to hear it! Actually though, the system I made uses the same few objects to vegetate the whole map, and it only creates them as you need them, usually about maximum 50 copies of one plant type. So, for example, if you place only 45 bushes, the program will only create 45. If you create 55 bushes, the program will create 50. It will always show and hide the closest and farthest (respectively) bushes so that you don't have to load 55 bushes into memory. And they are instanced, so even the 50 doesn't really hurt the fps much at all. The only possible problem is if you create an unrealisticly dense scene with more than 50 bushes. :p The program won't crash but it will warn you that it is only able to render some of the bushes and you will have to delete them 'till there are a maximum of 50 bushes in the area. This isn't a big problem though because you usually don't need to pack 50 bushes into one area. And with other objects like grass, the maximum number is much higher, because grass is much more plentiful.

Quote: "Alright, it crashed on me. When i got around 12,000 objects the editor crashed on me."

Thanks for posting that, I figured out the problem. I pretty much just need to increase the array size from 12000 to something like 100000, among a few other minor changes to the system.

Thanks for the report. I'll be happy to fix any other remaining bugs as well if I can.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2008 14:36
Yes, I knew your program loads only the ones near you. It's a neat LOS(Line Of Sight) technique.

And i already figured your Arrays were not big enough for that amount of vegetation, But well... Some maps are just alot bigger then others. And mine is actually a little bit larger then just a simple test.

Great to hear you fixed it, And I will be sure to go on working with this. As it actually makes editing your world alot easier.

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2008 05:08
Actually, I hadn't fixed it at the time (sorry for the mixup), but now it is fixed.

Instead of the camera range, the actual problem wa the skybox size. I have set it such an incredibly astronomical size that it could never possibly get in your way again.

Working on the rest of the update.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2008 09:48
Quote: "Instead of the camera range, the actual problem wa the skybox size. I have set it such an incredibly astronomical size that it could never possibly get in your way again."

Somehow, that sentance made a little grin appear on my face.

I'll be looking forward to the update.

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2008 09:25 Edited at: 7th Feb 2008 09:25
Ok, update is ready. I'm thinking hopefully this weekend I'll get the newsletter out with instructions for download, which is when it will be releaed.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2008 11:19
Alright, I'll be watching my inbox
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2008 22:55
Sorry for the delay. It's ready but for various reasons it hasn't been sent out. I'll let you know as soon as it's released.

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2008 20:32
By the way, the newsletter, along with v1.03, has been released.

You can still subscribe to the newsletter by going to www.epsilonzero.com, clicking "Vegetator Professional", and then scroll down to the bottom of the page to enter your email in the subscribe box.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2008 21:33
the newsletter didn't seem to load for some strange reason
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2008 08:06
Wha? That's wierd. Sorry. I'll look into it.

You can still send an email support at epsilon zero dot com to get the update.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2008 22:26
I'll do so as soon as I found the details of my copy back in a newsletter...
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2008 08:25
Fixed newsletter sent out. Sorry for the trouble.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:33:20
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:33:20