Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DBPro vs. Dark GDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok I'm new to the whole game development thing (at least programming). I went out and bought Dark Basic (the classic version not the pro) as kind of an impulse buy at Fry's today. I get home and I lookup the website and find out about both DBPro and Dark GDK. Both of these will allow bump mapping and other features not available to me with the classic version. Coming from an art background I want to be able to integrate bump mapping into a game. I plan on using the classic version for a bit to find out how I like this aspect of game development, but at some point I would like to upgrade. At this point I know nothing of programming, I have no experience with either C++ or Basic. So it wouldn't bother me to make the switch now since I wouldn't be tossing years of experience in another language. Anyways though I'm looking for some advice as to which Dark program I should look at upgrading to.

Thanks in advance
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2007 03:48
If you can return DB Classic, and get db pro instead, youd be doing yourself a huge favor. If you want my jaded opinion, get DGDK.NET and learn VB.NET. The curve will be way less than C++, and the syntax being the only difference to C# makes it the premier choice imho

My DBP plugins page is now hosted [href]here[/href]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 01:21:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 01:21:23