Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Exceptions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi,

Ive just been looking into the darkGDK.Net and was wondering about exception handling.

Simple question, are there any DarkGDK exceptions? I've had a quick look in the supplied help file but cant seem to see any.

Cheers.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2007 15:01
The dgdk.net is a com interop wrap of the c++ lib version, it doesnt provide any of its own exception namespaces, but you can trap exceptions in your code using the try-catch-finally-end try construct, and if iirc you can also use the global exception handling capability added in .net 2.0 (vs 2005) via the ApplicationEvents.vb/.cs partial class exposed thru the My namespace.

hope that helps

My DBP plugins page is now hosted [href]here[/href]
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2007 15:15
Blue Rogue, the only exception that's thrown at the moment, is the access denied error. Because DGDK (C++) doesn't throw exceptions, I'm unable pass error status values back to .NET either. If you're trying to figure out if a function has failed, in most cases, these functions can be tested after you call them. I.e. Test the existance of objects after loading them etc.

Unfortunately until DGDK has a way to pass back error status values, I can't implement exception throwing in DGDK.NET.

Paul.

Blue Rogue
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks for your replies. Yeah I figured as much Paul. Am still reading up on darkGDK.net and learning as I go but getting there

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 01:23:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 01:23:59