Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / A few questions not covered in the manual :/

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, i have been trying to develop my first game and i have wanted to add a few things but they are not mentioned here or in the manual, if someone could tell me if they are posibble at all, and if they are, how do i do it ? Thanks

1)Powerups: Can you create weapon powerups, for exaple, player X has weapon Y. Weapon Y's damage is set at 10 per shot. Player X picks up "powerup" Now wepon Y deals 20 damage. I have yet to find a way without the player having to switch weapons :S

2) Muisc: Is there a set filesize for music that is to be used in the game title screens etc..Sometimes my music wont work on the title screen but it is in the correct folders and is the correct format?

3) Triggerzone: Me and the trigger zone dislike eatchother =/ but is there a way to; for example, shoot a pipe and to have a steam decal activate? Also, how do i make 2 or more events happen using one triggerzone?

4) Zones: i have seen in some pictures that one zone can be stretched along a wide area, how do i do this?

5) Shooting things : After all, it is a first person shooter creator :\. Is it possible to shoot, for example a button and then a segment such as the antigrav platform appear, i have seen somewhere that it is possible to shoot a lock and a door will open?

6)On screen text (Script?): There is an on screen text script somewhere on the fps hints and tips guide, i cant get it to work
the idea is that when the player steps somewhere the script will activate a picture (what filetype does it have to be!?) telling the player a simple message, does anyone have some clear/simple instructions on how to make one of those on screen text scripts/can give me the .fpi for it ?

7) Objectives: there was a script somewhere in which the player pressed the CTRL key and a set of objectives (within a picture) were displayed, does anyone know where i can find this scripty .

8) Objectives(2): How do i make it so the player must pick up an item (or two) to complete the level, also is there a way to pick up an item and enter a win zone to complete the level, and if the player enters the win zone without the item the level wont end?

9) Time limits: Can i make a time limit for a level/an onscreen timer, maybe on the Hud? And when the timer reaches 0 the player must restart the level?

10) Lag: Are there any effective means of lag reduction? Its getting to the point where i have to have a few lights on a tiny level with only 1 enemy... I have tried spawning entities using trigger zones, but it dosen't help much. Is there anything else i can do?

Thanks if you can help me with any of the above, im sure you all have better things to do than help a noob out For reference: I have used the search feature, hints and tips guide and the manual.

THankyoo
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2007 15:08
4) Press shift first, then the mouse button.

Search for "HellHouse" in Showcase.
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2007 22:45 Edited at: 8th Jul 2007 22:45
Answer for all of your questions:

Search.........

Click on the picture to order your copy today!
Unkown Source
User Banned
Posted: 9th Jul 2007 06:09
Silent Thunder is right, just search for your answers, and watch the FPScreator video tutorials on the official website.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 17:25:20
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 17:25:20