Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Normal Map

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2007 00:00
Hi I'm trying to get normal map to work, I've search in the forum for ways to do it, but I can't put neither way to work, here's the code and in attach all the media && code

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jna99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2007 18:18
Hi again I found out that the shader was wrong in some kind of way still I doesn't seam to work, at least I can't see any difference, and a light source doesn't seam to influence the object either! I've uploaded the new code and media

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 12th Jul 2007 19:32
You need to tell the shader where your light is or which direction it is pointing. There is probably a "float3" or "float4" declared somewhere in the shader which may be called something like "lightPos" or "lightDir".

You would then have to edit your calling code to pass the appropriate position or direction values to the shader. For example, if you were using DBP you would write something like

You'll have to check the syntax, etc, because I haven't got DBP here and haven't looked at the shader code, but I expect you can work it out from there.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 01:12:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 01:12:09