Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / X10 for free?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 02:34
Quote: "Even the pricing hasn't been confirmed yet and is under heavy debate internally (it's possible it may just be given away for free), but who knows how it'll end up.
"

Seems they might release X10 for free for some odd reason.
Anybody have thoughts on this?
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 03:39
There are a variety of ways they can go about this but i gave up guessing what TGC was going to do next with x10.
As you can tell from the thread you got your quote from TGC doesn't know themselves.
We might as well sit back,be patient and enjoy the ride.
It wouldn't hurt my feelings if it were free.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
Trinity Pictures
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 05:31
As I have already said in a couple other threads, I think x10 should not be free.

Artist/Modellor of Encrypto Studios
TEST OF WILL
Years of Service
User Offline
i think it should to users who bought fpsc
Trinity Pictures
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 05:48
Quote: "i think it should to users who bought fpsc "

I still don't think it should be free. However, TGC is (most likely) going to have a discount for FPSC users.

Artist/Modellor of Encrypto Studios
Mickm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 06:02
I agree with the non-free part.

If it is given for free what will happen to TGC? They will basically run out of money.

I think it will be offered at a discount but that is it. nothing has been decided yet, nor will we know until Rick or Lee comes on and actually gives a price.

Intel® Core 2 E6420 Duo Processor |2GB DDR2 | nVidia GeForce 8600 GTS |Sound Blaster® Audigy HD Software Edition
Windows Vista Home Premium | 22" E228WFP Widescreen Digital Flat Panel
Xsnip3rX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 06:19
i think it should be like RC2 is to RC1 users, free for those who already bought it.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 06:33
Quote: "As I have already said in a couple other threads, I think x10 should not be free."

Some of us are rich...I guess.If TGC gives this away for free there must be a reason.
Maybe they give it away for free and charge for additional stuff or something.
If you want TGC to charge for this when they wish to give it away that is fine.You can buy my copy.I'll be eternally grateful.
If TGC gives me this for free I won't complain.
Maybe they figure there are customers like me that continue to buy their stuff...

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 07:59
Quote: "If it is given for free what will happen to TGC? They will basically run out of money."

Aren't the TGC guys millionaires by now? Also, they will probably make tons of money off of DBPX10.

Quote: "You can buy my copy."

Buy a copy for me as well please.

Click on the picture to order your copy today!
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 11:00
I've sent an email to TGC to find out exactly what was meant by it being 'free', stay tuned...

Search for "HellHouse" in Showcase.
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 16:30
Has anyone ever heard of irony/sarcasm? I understand it's quite popular in the modern world, and I think Rick/Lee/whoever wrote that, might've taken use of it with the whole 'free'-comment.

"Or perhaps we're just one of god's little jokes?"
Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 18:09
Even If it is at a discount, I aint acepting it, I think its worth th full money no matter what, so I'm buyin it, no matter what the price!

[url=www.x-games.mdhost.info]X-Games[/url]
[url=fps-files.com]FPS-Files[/url]
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 20:57
It is quite possible that it will be released for free but nobody will know until TGC says one way or the other.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 22:23
TGC have now answered this question (See the Q&A sticky).

Search for "HellHouse" in Showcase.
BMB
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm... perhaps for existing users it could be free but for new users it will cost the same as the current version and if they wanted the original it could be a free download with the purchase of X10.

Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2007 17:35
Maybe they're going to offer the core-program for free, as a never-ending trial of sort, and then charge for licenses instead, like the indie license and third party license mentioned in the Q&A-thread.

"Or perhaps we're just one of god's little jokes?"
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
I've seen some stuff and I dont know what my opinion is. It's mixed I guess whatever they say, goes.

"...Gooooooood........"
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2007 00:14
I wouldn't mind having it free, but I think too much work has gone into this project to just release it freely. Then again i suppose TGC are making quite a lot off all the other software available on the site, I'm guessing quite a fair bit of profit comes from the DB ddl packages, loads of people seem to be using them.

pieman
Years of Service
User Offline
I would like x10 for free it would realy help my gaming since I cant program and i like fpsc

evbobo
pieman
Years of Service
User Offline
i think it should i think giving it away for free or @ a low price is great

evbobo
Ragged Druid
Years of Service
User Offline
I think it should be a bonus that comes with X9.

i.e. Already bought X9 - download patch that adds x10
Buying X9 - You get x10 free with it
phil17
Years of Service
User Offline
I would love for it to be free, but be relastic. This isnt like a patch..its a whole new programme. When you buy call of duty...is call of duty 2 gonna be free lmao *i wish *.
TGC is a company, and will try and get every drop of money? which is normal! the world of business is evil!!

but who knows, maybe TGC will pity us and send us a discount!

Black Terror
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2007 07:40 Edited at: 6th Aug 2007 07:41
X10 is nothing like a patch. It is a whole new program that is totally separate from X9. I seriously doubt that they are going to give this away for free or include it with X9. I am sure that X9 owners will get some kind of deal, but giving it away for free is unreasonable.

//// - - FURTHER SOLUTIONS - - \\\\
SELL YOUR GAMES AND MEDIA!
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2007 16:13
There's the possibility of following the Daz3d model? Make the engine free and sell the content. Content drives use. I think Daz gets away with it because the content is very reasonably priced. So there's no need to pirate.

Many of us here are using free/shareware/open source applications.
That being said, I've no doubt that there will be a charge. Along with an upgrade discount for current users. If X10 delivers on stability and performance, there will be a wide-open market for people who create good content to sell.
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2007 23:50
Yes. At the end of the day, TGC is here to make money, and I don't think Rick Vanner or whoever is in charge of finance can justify giving away hundreds of thousands of copies of X10 for free to people that they have never met (us). I reckon we should expect a 10-15% discount, if anything at all. But of course that's up to TGC to decide.

Your signature has been deleted due to the fact that it was far too humourous to possibly show.
http://www.fpsinsane.co.nr/ -New FPSC Forums By Jenkins
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2007 02:55
Anyone know how many FPSC units have been sold? That would tell us how much money they would be throwing away.
Negrul1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2007 13:22
I think if you were to pay for it, no more than 35 pounds (like any other pc game really)

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2007 13:41 Edited at: 10th Aug 2007 13:42
Quote: "I think if you were to pay for it, no more than 35 pounds (like any other pc game really)"
Its not a game its as many games as you make, you make 10 game 10x£35 = £350 lol Don't argue with there price there well within their rights to set it as high or low as they choose

Thanks
Adam
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2007 22:51
Yeah, this isn't a game. It's a peice of software used to create games, like Photoshop, or Office or something like that, and you pay $100s or £1000's for those, don't you?
OK, slightly overdone, it's not worth thousands, but think of how much professional game developers pay for their development software.

Your signature has been stolen. If you ever want to see it again, come to the cemetery and bring £500,000, oh, and can you get us some cake?
http://www.fpsinsane.co.nr/
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2007 03:50 Edited at: 13th Aug 2007 03:52
If no one heard it could be £50 the same price when FPSC came out. Not £350 or £1000. It might be free. But they don't know.

dfujis the rocker
Years of Service
User Offline
lets lay it out for people to see
free- good for us, bad for TGC
$100/discount for FPSC users- cool no problems so far
$200-$900- only serious game makers and veteran developers
$1000+- professionals and extremist indies (I'm one of them )

May not be accurate but I hope it helps people understand the range of things

famous last words: check this out
pak4life
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2007 22:06
wait up wait up if you guys dont know this when you buy fpsc is says you dont have to pay for any update of fpsc isnt fpsc x10 and update... DIO XD =D

Shot at 2007-08-13
Fruitless CRUNK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2007 16:37
If they give it out for free, everyone know's that they will lose alot of money there. Now I know that everyone (including me) would like it to be free. But if they do that they might not be able to work on FPSC X10 because they don't have the funs need.

If anyone has Xbox live please add me to you're frinds list.
My tag is FruitlessCRUNK, but tell me who you are through a message.
the fps gamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2007 17:29
I definietly think that it should be released for free for the members of TGC who have ordered the FPS CREATOR X9 (I strongly believe that they can see that in there orderdatabase) normally they should then charge the "non-owners"/non-members for lets say about this might be my guess 70.00 EUROS.

Well that was only a suggestion which would be cool

Paralyzegames

visit [url/]http://paralyzegames.googlepages.com/[url]
Luciferia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2007 19:38
They won't give it away for free!!(though it would be nice if they did) That would severely cut their profits. No they will provide a 10-50% discount for current fps creator users becuase we own most the stock media already.
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2007 11:31
Why is this thread still going? It is not going to be given to you for free. TGC have spent months developing this - oh! lets give this away for free. Yeah - productive.

Your signature has been stolen. If you ever want to see it again, come to the cemetery and bring £500,000, oh, and can you get us some cake?
http://www.fpsinsane.co.nr/
PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2007 14:44
Few possible theories.

a) Released free, free to do what you want, when you want, charge as much as you want

b) Released free, have to pay for licence to sell games etc

c) Released free to bring attention towards other products (eg a loss leader)

d) Sold for loads of moolah

e) discount offered to users of FPSC

f) .............

The Innuendo's, 4 Piece Indie Rock Band
http://theinnuendos.tk:::http://myspace.com/theinnuendosrock
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Actually how are they gonna make it free you're getting a X10 package in a easy to use app. And if they do make it free for users here who bought FPSC off the site what about people who bought it off e-bay or something they would have to earn money whereas we would just be sat there with free x10 copies(that would be sweet) but I think that we're getting a good bit of technology so we should be paying about £50 maximum. But then people would have to buy Vista (Not me) and a new geforce card (me) So I think that X10 should Not be free.

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 19th Aug 2007 04:28
i wish it was but dont think it will, they have just put to much work into it to make it free

Robert F
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2007 00:49
Think about it. Did you get the version of FPSC you have now for free? Probably not. So why would they give you X10 for free? They woudn't. There is not logical way on the planet that we occupy that TGC can give it away for free. Whatsoever. Not gonna happen guys.. Never

[center]
The Join Button. Click it. You know you want to.
Sopo the tocho
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "e) discount offered to users of FPSC "

this one its the most probable

Intel Pentium core 2 duo T6600 2,6 mhz 4mb, 4 gb ram 600 mhz ddr2, ATI X1650 radeon
Clone Gaming Prouductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2007 04:01
i dont care if its gonna be free or not, i dont have vista!

my 360 got the three rings of death...bummer

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 23:35:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 23:35:38