Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
User Banned
Posted: 21st Jul 2007 15:00
help me,im making a half life game in fps cretor and i need a crowbar for free,where i can get one

Soldier of Fortune Episode 1
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2007 00:32
Search for the word "crowbar".

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Why does everyone always say "Search?" Use anim8or, and make one, it's very easy to do.

Convertz - Help Wanted - Need C# Coders - C# Program Will Be Provided For Free - http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=110293&b=2
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2007 02:14 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2007 02:15
Quote: "Why does everyone always say "Search?" Use anim8or, and make one, it's very easy to do."

Because we want to avoid posts like this. And if it's so easy then why didn't your game have any custom weapons in.

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, but it can also be annoying.

Convertz - Help Wanted - Need C# Coders - C# Program Will Be Provided For Free - http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=110293&b=2
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2007 03:00
He sounds new so just let him search for now

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2007 03:18
Actually

search

"Crobar" you can use one i got into fpsc, but be warned, if you use in commericial, you'll probably get sued by half life 2...or i mean valve

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2007 06:04 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2007 06:07
A reason we all say 'search' is because people get aggrivated answering the same questions over and over, and if everybody ignores the request you get some ninny saying somthing like "I've been waiting a week and no one is answering MY question!"-wah! "go search" may be annoying but so are the people who don't search. If you can't be bothered to search then others can't really be bothered to help by the same logic.

EDIT-thats also why nondescriptive subject titles like "noob needs help" are not benificial to the forum.

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Jul 2007 10:11
i searched and cant find one,so i asked you guys,and i really get pissed if somebody just says search if i said i already did and didnt found

Soldier of Fortune Episode 1
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2007 03:44
Quote: "i searched and cant find one"

Search more throughly......

Click on the picture to order your copy today!
Stoopid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2007 06:26
Remember. Just because the thread is locked, does NOT mean the downloads are down.

Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2007 11:22 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2007 11:22
Quote: "i really get pissed"

Very nice way to talk when people are trying to help you! Learn some freakin' respect!

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2007 11:44
1st post you made on this page:

Quote: "help me,im making a half life game in fps cretor and i need a crowbar for free,where i can get one"

Second post you made on this page:

Quote: "i searched and cant find one,so i asked you guys,and i really get pissed if somebody just says search if i said i already did and didnt found"

NO... you didn't say you had searched so don't get on your high horse!! Bloodeath even told you exactly the 'correct' thing to search for...
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I really get pissed"

Okay, listen, we are here to help, if you don't search, then there is nothing we can do.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2007 04:13
The guys are right. You kind of demanded to know where you could get this which won't cut a lot of ice round here.

I take it you will have found this by now otherwise it's here

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=83769&b=24

By the way, you might notice that if shaders are enabled in a test / built game the crowbar disappears because of the .fx being referenced in the gunspec file. You'll need to change this to something different unless you've got shaders off.

I'm working on a FPSC half life mod myself at the moment so thought I'd lend a hand.

Screenshot of my mod attached

There's nothing wrong with using existing media to get a better understanding of modelling / texturing or even if it's just to build a mod level for fun. Just don't try and sell any of it!

Regards

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2007 09:46
And another

Attachments

Login to view attachments
fata error
Years of Service
User Offline
well someone is makeing a hl1 remake on the source engine
http://www.blackmesasource.com/

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2007 01:19
Quote: "You shouldn't really be using that crowbar at all, it's copyrighted and against the AUP."

Ok. I've just checked the AUP and think I see the part you are referring to. I'm not actually uploading any content files so I guess you mean this:

Quote: "If you wish to post screen shots / files that are of work controlled under copyright and/or distribution restrictions then you must obtain permission from us before doing so, otherwise you forfeit this right. The content of all web sites, unless stated otherwise, is (C) Copyright The Game Creators Ltd, all rights reserved."

I'll be sure to check with TGC before uploading any more screenshots

Quote: "I also notice you are using that Poke646 skybox, did you get permission from Marc Schroder to use it?"

I'm in the process of asking for permission from the appropriate contact point for poke646.

Quote: "I just hope you know, becuase putting up copyrighted material for pay or for free, is bannable"

I won't upload anything further until I've got permission from Marc Schroder and TGC to do so.

Man this copyright stuff is a pain. I guess the developers behind S.T.A.L.K.E.R thought so to

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/46449
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Nobody can coprright a crowbar! You can copyright the model and texture, but not a crowbar!

Evil1
Years of Service
User Offline
Crispex has a slight point... hundreds of games have crowbars in them. and its a commonish tool. Just because the crowbar happens to be the melee weapon in the HL games doesint mean its copyrighted.

Kingpin (a old fps) had both a lead pipe and crowbar in it. its kind of a silly idea that something so amazingly common can be copyrighted.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 19:22:33
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 19:22:33