Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / noob strugling with dark AI

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2007 01:37
i bought dark AI hoping i could make a hitman style game but im completly lost can anyone help me program the code in.

The More You Study, The More You Know, The More You Forget, The Less You Know, So Why Study?!?!?!?
MartinS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2007 16:18
Hi Lee,

I'm not very familiar with hitman, but from my knowledge it's an FPS game. The first thing I would do is look at the example programs. I think 'teams' shows how you would accomplish something of the nature.

After you learn how that one worked, download the 'Interactive Demo' on Dark AI's page. It comes with all the source code to it - perhaps a wee bit complicated - but all the fundamentals are there. You'll need to remove the commands required by the Enhancement Pack, if you don't have it.

G2L

Coming soon...
Virtual X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2007 11:49 Edited at: 25th Jul 2007 11:49
This is the solution to all your problems:
Lee Stevens
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2007 17:28
cheers games 2 live that really has helped thank you
cheers Virtual X that has solved my prblems

The More You Study, The More You Know, The More You Forget, The Less You Know, So Why Study?!?!?!?
Lee Stevens
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2007 02:44
so can anyone actually help me i need help with dark AI

check out my site, and donate.
White knight
Years of Service
User Offline
ok what all you need help with?
check the samples with it b4 attempting anything complex.
if you still need help after reading the help files and even exploreing the samples with it let me know what you don't understand and i'll help you.Don't expect any big results right away take your time and be patient start with the simple samples first and build on to them.

new learning center comming soon http://911.bounceme.net/
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Firstly, you should start by making the actual FPS, because that's not something Dark A.I. does, and it's good to have a base to build on.

Make a basic FPS framework, use RUCCUS' tutorial if you need help with it. From there, read through all the other tutorials on this forum, it'll take years to make a game like Hitman, and normally you wouldn't start off by making the teams/allies.

The moral : Don't be too ambitious, it's a long road to making a game like Hitman.

Good luck!

[center]
Dared1111
Years of Service
User Offline
Be as ambitious as you want.... you'll figure what you need

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-08 00:43:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-08 00:43:28