Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Shaders Problem?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Why every time I turn shaders on the textures turn into who knows what? It's a little odd like when I have a Mossberg with the shaders on it turns black and red!
TEST OF WILL
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The shaders aren't working at the moment, it's something to do with the updates.

TGC said they would fix this in the near future. The only version that supports shaders (as far as I know) is V1, and that's it.

It's very disappointing isin't it?"

Another Problem *cries*
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2007 01:07
Quote: "so TGC disabled it without removing it from the Build Menu or Prefences menu. Very nice of them"

Are you sure they've disabled them. I know they don't work properly as I spent an entire weekend trying to get a fully normal mapped segment to work properly but there were a number of rendering issues which I documented in the thread below. They didn't appear to be completely disabled though.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=104897&b=21

Also Lee mentioned 1 fix to shaders in the v1.06 RC2 update

Quote: "* Fixed problem of static entities using illumination shader in full shader mode did not account for lightmap data"

It is very annoying that shaders don't work 100% at the moment as it would potentially do great things visually for our games but fingers they will be fixed properly in a future version of FPSC as you suggest.
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2007 01:16
I'm including normal maps for all my segment pieces in my pack, so I sure hope they'll update the shader support soon so that everyone including myself can harness the true potential of FPSC. Think about it, shaders is one of the few major things we're missing. It's everywhere, but we don't have it. As soon as it is re-implented and functioning properly, I imagine FPSC games will take a whole new direction

"Or perhaps we're just one of god's little jokes?"
nackidno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2007 01:59
But why didn't they make the shaders complete before releasing FPSC, when i use V1 the segment is still screwed up..

Footsteps W.I.P

[url=nackpro.se.nu]my website[/url] It's swe!
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2007 04:03
All shaders work for me on the stock segments.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 19:20:58
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 19:20:58