Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / MP5 vs. MP6 vs. Wait for EAI's — What to choose?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've been working with FPSC for about 9 months now. I've always wanted all the MP's but never had the money. I currently own MP4, but what I really need is something like MP5 and MP6.

So what should I do? Get MP5? Get MP6? Or wait for Errant AI's pack (which looks excellent by the way)?

-That C++ Nerd
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2007 06:07
You can't really go wrong with any of them.However model pack six hands could have been done a little better

Pointless Assault video
http://w13.easy-share.com/1408971.html
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2007 06:17 Edited at: 24th Jul 2007 06:21
If it's weapons your after.
Maybe you could e-mail EAI and ask when he will be releasing his pack to be sure,if it's not for sometime then your choice is narrowed,you could always get it later.
If it's soon then I think that there's really no contest,buy Errant's.

That C++ Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
I always side with EAI's. Just one problem though — I'm almost sure his weapons will be overused by all the noobs. MP6 gets overused as well.

And what ever happened to MP3? No one ever seems to use it anymore.

Same with MP4, people only use it for the zombies.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2007 21:02 Edited at: 24th Jul 2007 21:03
I think MP3 rocks(probably the best IMO). But with anything I think using things tastefully and sparingly looks best. Can't force a use for the models just because you have them. Kinda why I like making what I need instead of using what I have.

Much as I love Errants work, of which I have the M9, I really only wanted to see how he worked as a pro( I got all the psd files and everything along with it to look at his layering technique)...to further my development. Like you say, to many will be using it when it finally hits the shelves for my taste. My work may not compare, but no one else has a Vaughn hammer as a weapon(as one 'for-instance').

For the people that just want to make a game.....You gotta bow to Errant...He is undeniably the master.

That C++ Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
He is a very good modeller. The noobs don't respect his work.

I think the only way to respect his work, is NOT to make a horrible game, and then use his weapon sets. I've seen that too many times.

His modeling skills are excellent, he must be a professional modeler.

I've tried to convince some of my co-workers to make media for the forums, and sell a pack. They'd rather not waste their time, yet I'm sure they'd make a few thousand bucks if they did.

Ragged Druid
Years of Service
User Offline
Errant is great. However, MP5 has the almighty nail bat.

I say get MP5 and wait for the Errant pack.
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2007 01:10
I would have to go with MP5. That's what I'm using for Gone, anyway.

That C++ Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2007 02:01
Errant is definently God of modeling, but nearly everyone will be using it. The craze over model pack 5 has died down and any craze over model pack 6 is virtually non-existant, though it is one of my favorites (mainly because I have Loc's female texture and I love that g36...or whatever it was called...hehe).

I helped Errant beta test his weapons with DBP, they are very good and of an extremely high standard (those jpegs just don't do justice to the true detail). I'd wait to use them though once everyone else has made their poorly organized test games and spammed the forums, though. Just my $0.02.

To the point Errants are of uber-quality, but will be uber-popular in return. Model pack 5 is more spread out, and model pack 6 seems more so. I love model pack 6, though you may want model pack 5 depending on if your game is more military oriented or if you like more assault rifles and smgs. That was one thing I didn't like about MP5, most of the weapons seemed like the same thing but looked diffrent and had diffrent reload times...I like having your basics - pistol, shotgun, smg, rocket. 4 Basic guns. Add more for to spice it up.

Okay I'm typing too much.

Vote today and play the games!
That C++ Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2007 03:08 Edited at: 25th Jul 2007 03:49
Thanks alot. I'm definately going with you. You really affected my decision.

Thanks.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2007 04:14
So what am I going with? I'm confusing myself

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2007 13:49
Quote: "I think MP3 rocks(probably the best IMO)"

Ditto.

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2007 14:54
I'd rather have Errant's pack be at a normal FPSC-price range, since I am serious about game developing (even going to move away this fall to study three years at a game developing education!), but can't afford to spend more than say 50 bucks every now and so often.
I must start saving for Super Paper Mario too, I'm going to lose most of my money after purchasing a computer.

"Or perhaps we're just one of god's little jokes?"
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2007 15:09
Nope, appearently it's going to be out in a few weeks, if all goes as planned. I'm sure as hel..icopter looking forward to it.

"Or perhaps we're just one of god's little jokes?"
That C++ Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Most of the forum members are minors."

Where are you getting your information. Because, to me, it sounds off. Actually most of the forum members are adults.

And I don't think you're Errant's biggest fan, I'm pretty sure you're not. I'm not either, not even close.

I found my decision to be...buy them all! Why not?

And why would you buy a model pack for $1000? Yes, Errant is one of the best modelers on the forums, but I wouldn't go higher than $100 per pack. His stuff is excellent, but I wouldn't pay $1000 for 15 weapons, no matter quality.

No offense Errant, but if you're reading this, would you pay $1000 for 15 weapons?

I don't mean to sound like a jackass though. Sorry if I do.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's too big--- 300k!?
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2007 02:58
Quote: "Actually most of the forum members are adults."

Overall, possibly, but FPSC users - I'm leaning towards majority minors. A lot of good stuff is on these forums, but still, many of them are minors (that doesn't mean there aren't adults though, far from it!).

For his quality (and I can say from experience with it) it is probably worth more than $1000. But, his target audience is indie developers, many of them minors at that. So it just wouldn't be a good business decision.

That C++ Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Has anyone else noticed the extreme hike in FPSC noobs lately?

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2007 03:21 Edited at: 27th Jul 2007 03:25
Quote: "Has anyone else noticed the extreme hike in FPSC noobs lately?"

Yea, but swarms like this usually come in bursts...

Click on the picture to order your copy today!
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2007 03:22 Edited at: 27th Jul 2007 07:04
Quote: "Has anyone else noticed the extreme hike in FPSC noobs lately?"

Seriously you need to get over this ... this is the third time I've seen you talk about the rise in "noobs" recently... rather than seeing this as a bad thing you should see it as a good thing... without new users the community (and the software) can't move forward... All of us are "noobs" at some point in our lives... Also not all new users fit the typical noob stereotype...

Quote: "For his quality (and I can say from experience with it) it is probably worth more than $1000. But, his target audience is indie developers, many of them minors at that. So it just wouldn't be a good business decision."

Agreed...

[center]
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2007 16:19 Edited at: 27th Jul 2007 16:24
Quote: "If Errant was working for a commercial games company, he would sure get more than $1000"

I would certainly hope so, since they have been in development for about a year or so (I think). He'd have pocketed that much in about a week's worth of salary or so.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom goes to college."
That C++ Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2007 19:29 Edited at: 27th Jul 2007 19:31
It's hard to detect a joke from seriousness on these boards.

If it's true that most FPSC users are around 12-ish, I can probably see why. Like the thread I posted before about the kid with RPG Maker, they probably expect their output to be professional looking. I'll avoid a lecture and re-direct you to this thread.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=108734&b=2

But FPSC is very far from RPG Maker, unlike RPG Maker, FPS Creator is completely customizable and, well, doesn't suck.

Edit: Oh yea, and I used to work with a few pro companies before. I'm very sure EAI would definately make a good $90K/year +.

Keo C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2007 02:42
MP6 is good. I would go with EAI but my PC gets 32 FPS all ready. Looks to high poly for me. I would get MP6

Uhhhhhh.....I forgot

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 19:16:19
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 19:16:19