Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / i can't see any images or sprites!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
this might actually have something to do with my videocard:

i have DarkGDK set up correctly with identical settings on both my laptop and my other pc. I never had a problem on the laptop, everything works fine and i have been able to experiment without trouble, but after installing it on my other pc i tried to run the same code that i did successfully on the laptop, and i can't see any sprites, images or anything. The only things that show successfully are the bare 3D stuff, no textures either. It's like it refuses to show any kind of 2D entity.

On the laptop everything is fine, everything works perfectly.

My configuration of the workstation is as follows:

Windows Vista Ultimate x64
AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core +3800 2.1Ghz
RAM 2Gb (x2 1Gb identical modules installed as per mobo manual)
nVidia Quadro FX 3450 512Mb
c: drive 500Gb SATA
d: dvd/rw SATA
e: 150Gb USB Passport drive

Visual Studio 2005
DirectX SDK June 2007
Irrlicht 1.0

I use plenty of other applications 2D and 3D successfully so i'm at a loss. I wanted to use DarkGDK on the workstation because it's just easier for me to generate graphic elements to include in my projects instead of just working on the laptop and having to dig the files over wifi...

BTW, when i try to run all the other samples applications from Dark GDK they all run fine...

Here is some very basic code i tried:

unitech
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I had a user error like that once. I noticed later when moving over I messed up the paths. It could not load sprites and texture. Other then that maybe its the Quadro . If you see white on the 3d objects I would suspect a path problem. If it's black a video card problem. Just my 2 pennies.
i cant believe its not fabio
Years of Service
User Offline
solved!

i guess as a last resort i did what i should have done in the beginning... instead of cutting and pasting the code i packed the whole project from the laptop and transferred on the pc and opened the project i created on the laptop. Result: it works!

I think something happened when i created the new project on the pc i guess i must have ticked the wrong box or something, i thought so since all the exampled that come with the GDK work perfectly... i'm such a ditz sometimes lol

man, it would have sucked if the Quadro was busted... i just spent a buttload on new hardware and i'm so broke right now! lol

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 01:21:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 01:21:23