Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / I'll pay for a script.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Folks.
Has anyone used the Benge Animated Sprite pack?
I want to use the Explosions and Smoke from the pack and I'd like to link them to an entity.
For example if I shoot an exploding barrel, I'd like to use one of the Explosions from the pack to enhance the explosion.
I'd also like to have the smoke animation coming from the barrel after it's destroyed.
Is it possible to do this as the Animations are decals.
Can I use an existing script and modify it, I'm no good at writing scripts.
If I need a new script I'll pay a fee for someone to write it for me.
Thanx in advance.
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2007 11:57
I think you could just use a trigger zone to do it.

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2007 14:54 Edited at: 27th Jul 2007 15:58
If the idea is to make a better explosion and the smoking ruins of a destroyed object, I would like some details on how a trigger zone would help do that. I don't think we will see thoes details though. It wouldn't help at all. It will be a matter of taking the existing decals and scripts and working with them. I have done a little with decals but I am no script expert. Also you have post the same thing in the script forum. Dont be suprised if this one gets locked.

@Candle_: Nice try but that would be a nogo.

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. http://gamedesigntech.byethost7.com/
TZap
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2007 22:14 Edited at: 27th Jul 2007 22:28
Change the appear script of the explosion to:

:state=0:runfpidefault=1

Change the main script of the explosion to:

:state=0,activated=1:setalphafade=100,state=1,timerstart
:state=1:rundecal=2
:state=1,timergreater=500:destroy

The barrel should have the destroy script set to destroyandactivate and the IfUsed parameter to the explosion name.

Experiment with the timegreater value. 1000=1 second. You need to be careful about using the timer in case its being used in other active entites. If you can find a better solution to timing, let me know!

For the smoke, give it the same name as the explosion.
Set the appear script as per the explosion.
Set the main script of the smoke to:

:state=0,activated=1:setalphafade=100,state=1
:state=1:rundecal=2

You would have to ensure that each barrel, smoke and explosion combination have different names...eg barrel1,smoke1,explosion1 go together...then another barrel2,smoke2,explosion2 etc.

I think this thread should be moved to the script forum.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 19:19:09
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 19:19:09