Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Basic Curiousity

Author
Years of Service
User Offline

Is anyone making any $$$ from their FPS product?
I would like to see what the top of the food chain looks like. I am seriously considering the X10 upgrade when it comes out but do not want to invest alot of time in a hobby. Would like to make some money.
Thank you, Jon
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2007 17:30
Check out Anderson and the Call of Cthulhu, E.L.E., SinniNSouL, and we're also planning on selling my game, Gone.

Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2007 18:10 Edited at: 2nd Aug 2007 18:10
TZap
Years of Service
User Offline
Storm are these 2 games any good? Not read reviews on them.
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2007 21:15
They are getting sold, but they don't look good.

Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2007 17:31
those 2 look fairly bad,i saw them ages ago, so theres plenty of hope out here

[href]www.myspace.com/pictureperfecttheband[/href]
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
have played outbreak and that was good, all stock and model packs but well put together and had extra options and numeric key codes to unlock levels and level selection running from an external launcher so you can come back to any level you choose, don't know about sturmgart but it was made by the same person

Thanks
Adam
TZap
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, are there demos for download or vids on youtube? Just want to know what we all should aim for!
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2007 02:25
People make money with FPSC. Whether it's through games or Model Packs. What you may want to ask is do they make a profit? Even then, what does that number mean? Is a $2.00 profit worth it? How about $1,000.00?

The key is to make a decision based on you. Not on what someone else is doing. The ability to make money is based on your abilities. Not on what someone else does. Everyday people fail at businesses that others succeed in. If you do market a completed game, your competition will not be other FPSC games. It will be all games. Unless you plan only to sell it to those of us in this forum?

In my personal opinion, by you asking that question, you should cut your losses now. If you don't have the confidence to say, "I can make the game that I want to make with the time and money that I'm willing to invest." If you don't know the market you're going for and what your differentiators are, then you'll land in the pile of generic ideas and unfinished projects. If you know what you want to do, and how to do it, then let's assume this is your first step in market research and I wish you the best of luck!
TZap
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the advice but I do feel its best if you check out the competition before any venture....first rule of business.
Evil1
Years of Service
User Offline
I believe in freedom in information and all that. but i also understand that people also need to make a living, and some feel that they should be rewarded for their hard work, and they should.

If you have the ideas and know how to make something truly unique (that isint daikatana) then odds are you are on to something. Because ever since halo we have seen clones of its formula (or atleast thats what people claim).

Moving into something that takes time and your result is hit and miss solely for the purpose of gaining money is slightly doomed to failure unless you really know what your doing.
TZap
Years of Service
User Offline
Not looking to make money just want to create a game and know what to aim for.

Thanks for the advice.
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't plan on selling it, I do this as a hobby. Who knows, might.

Not a Vista user, but a Vista Theme user!
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2007 21:21
The question still remains. Are other FPSC games the competition, or are all PC games?
Keo C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2007 04:29
I plan to sell my upcoming game(s) Right now i'm working on The Heist I might have a W.I.P thread soon or not.

Uhhhhhh.....I forgot
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
about demos and video's, I havent seen any I guess its not as important when your game is in high street shops

Thanks
Adam
Burianu
Years of Service
User Offline
The main way people get money off of FPSC is to make models and sell them so other people can not make money with them. Plus all the children on this forum (such as myself) all go in saying "IM GUNNA MAKE THIS SWEET GAME THAT ILL SELL FOR LOTS OF MONEY!" then spend money on model packs,and a month later they get tired of working and quit! ( not like me ). But thats just what I see happen a lot.

I'm not sure if it matters now, but I apologize for the whole incident involving the signs awhile ago... I am very sorry and hope to once again enjoy these forums!
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2007 19:46
I do believe most people give up. It's easy to make a game. Difficult to make a good game.

I see a lot of posts where people seem to want to make a game that does things tha existing games do. Who wants a game that looks or acts like one that's already done?
ENO1
Years of Service
User Offline
This was a sincere curiousity I had. When I do a thing I put alot of personal resources into it. The X10 demo showed a great deal of potential. Now I find it will only run on Vista with the DirectX 10 board. This just reduced your customer market to zip for a year.
I do modeling and heavy graphics already. Other than basic and html ,my programming skills stink. A game editor makes sense. If you have a compelling story line and ok graphix action your game should be good. Still on this side of the fence. Thanx for all the great input, appreciated. ENO1

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 21:25:22
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 21:25:22