Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Decal Maker Version 6

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2007 17:17 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2007 17:33
Decal Maker Version 6

I know I've previewed Decal Maker....heck, Version 6....a lot and have yet to actually getting around to the releasing part, but I'm almost there. I plan to have it up on a site and taking sales no later than the end of this month.

So, what exactly is Decal Maker?
Decal Maker was originally a free program to create overlays such as blood, papers, garbage ect. for your games. However, the focus has changed. While Version 5 is still available for free for this purpose, Version 6 is oriented entirely around animated decals such as fire, explosions, you name it.

What is it doing for me?
Decal takes 16 image files (the decal 'frames') and puts them together, along with creating the various folders and files (including the entity for placement in the map) in order to use it in FPSC. Your frames can be any size (decal maker resizes them for you) but they work best at 256x256.

Features
3D Preview (More Details Below)
Main Decal Image Creation from 16 Images
Creation of Directories and Files Needed for FPSC Decals
Creation of Entity for Placement in Map
Customize Decal Spec Values (Offset & Size)
Select the Default Script for Your Decal
Doesn't Overwrite FPSC Decals Without "dm" Suffix
Everything is put straight into FPSC!

Easy to Use Interface
Decal Maker has an easy to use, Windows based interface. Simply import your images one-by-one or import an entire folder! Then, preview if you'd like, and set the specs and script and click export! You'll be prompted to enter a name for your decal and once ready you can export it straight into FPSC.

3D Preview
Worried your decal might not animate smoothly in FPSC? No need to fire it up, simply click the new preview button! Your decal will be exported into a temporary file in the Decal Maker directory and plopped directly on a 3D Plain, much like FPSC. It will automatically rotate and animate so you can see how it looks. Keys for slowing it down, speeding it up, and returning it to normal speed are also available (NOTE: These do not affect in-game speed!).

How much will it cost?
Decal Maker will have an introductory price of $4.95 for the first two weeks, after which it will become $9.95.

Currency Chart (Approx.)
Introductory Price:
USD - 4.95
EUR - 3.60
GBP - 2.43
AUD - 5.78

Standard Price:
USD - 9.95
EUR - 7.24
GBP - 4.88
AUD - 11.60

Trial Version
You can get the slightly older trial version here.
NOTE: This trial version is a beta, and therefore may be missing features or containing bugs not present in the full version of the software.

Decal Maker 5
The original Decal Maker was designed to make simple overlays. You can get the latest version of Decal Maker with this functionality for free here. Please be sure to read the license for this version here. Have fun!

Vote today and play the games!
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2007 17:32
Seems the link for Version 5.0 doesn't work. Here's the download.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks good to me,I could use this.
Really like the preview function.

best rolfy.

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks good, but I won't buy it. Why should you have to pay $5.00, then have to pay anouther $10.00 later? Why not just say it costs $15.00?

Not a Vista user, but a Vista Theme user!
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2007 17:53
I see you don't understand this concept:

People who buy it during the first two weeks get it for only $4.95. If you buy it after these two weeks you get it for $9.95. Basically, you get a discount if you buy it before two weeks are up after the initial release.

Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Looks good, but I won't buy it. Why should you have to pay $5.00, then have to pay anouther $10.00 later? Why not just say it costs $15.00?"

Erm no crispex lmao, Airslide means if you buy it within two weeks of release its half normal price if you buy it after that its normal price, prices shown above hehe

Thanks
Adam
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
I still won't buy it, simply because I hate using decals in my game, and I allready have the sprite pack off of the FPSC website, that's all I need! Best of luck to you and your program!

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2007 18:04
Well everyone is entitled to their opinion This is more for those who already make their custom content than those who prefer the stock or sprite pack anyways

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 3rd Aug 2007 18:05
And I won't buy it because..... I'm cheap! JK

I'm sure we can use what we make any way we please, but does it brand the files in any way? Like adding "Created with..." to the text files?

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2007 18:09
No branding. The only hint is the "_dm" extension used to prevent overwriting FPSC stock or sprite pack decals. If you're using the trial version you do get text on your decal, but that's the trial version

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2007 18:26
Ok, sign me up for the Early Bird price and let me know when it's ready.

Thanks.

tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2007 19:15
Ditto - Sign me up

Glad to see you finish this up, I'm sure lots will be able to use an animated decal maker.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2007 19:41
You know I've been looking forward to this.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2007 21:26
lol - there's no sign-ups, just get to the purchase button before two weeks is up

Just finished an option in preview mode so that you can go frame by frame by pressing left or right arrow keys. Also finished up the registration system (you'll get a registration key to use along with your e-mail to activate Decal Maker). I need to finish up the documentation and then it should be smooth sailing. Also did some various nit-picking things like disabling the maximize button (apparently loosing the minimize button as well but that had issues anyways) and making it so the X button actually closes the program.

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2007 01:08
Wow! Looking good. What did you write this in?

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2007 01:23
Airslide

The time saved in having to fire up FPSC and load a test map to see how your decal turned out alone will be worth picking this up for, especially with the 2 week introductory price tag.

This has been mentioned for quite a while now though so I think you need to make good on the end of month delivery.

People seem to be knocking out FPSC apps at the moment and it would be a shame if someone came along and stole your thunder, especially if it were free.

I think we all now what I'm refering to.
Razorroc
User Banned
Posted: 4th Aug 2007 09:16
I've been waiting for 6 to be released. A good tutorial on how to use the program would also be good.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2007 19:41
Thanks for the comments!

I'm already got a tut setup with the support documentation. The actual program is finished and I'm finishing up the last of the support documentation. The installer license and such is done aswell, so everything is going pretty smooth.

@Inspire - Decal Maker was written in Dark Basic Professional v6.6. This means you'll need the latest version of DirectX, but you need that for FPSC anyways.

Lightning Bolt Studios
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2007 22:23
This will be a very nice program!
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
You made this in Microsoft Visual Basic 6. There is NO WAY that this program was written in DarkBasic Pro!

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2007 05:12
Take a look at BlueGui, why don't you.

Quote: "@Inspire - Decal Maker was written in Dark Basic Professional v6.6. This means you'll need the latest version of DirectX, but you need that for FPSC anyways."

Wow, nice. I thought it was, seeing as you are really good with it.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2007 18:09
Quote: "You made this in Microsoft Visual Basic 6. There is NO WAY that this program was written in DarkBasic Pro!"

I've never even touched Visual Basic 6. All this is 100% pure DBP. As Inspire said, take a look at BlueGUI - and even without it there are free alternatives (though I use Blue).

Quote: "
Wow, nice. I thought it was, seeing as you are really good with it.
"

Thanks

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2007 18:43 Edited at: 5th Aug 2007 18:44
I wish some people would just get experience with software before judging what it was coded in. After all, who cares? We all know Airslide wrote it, and we all know that he's a beast at Dark Basic.

Lookin' good. I will definitely buy this, no questions asked. I might have missed this in a previous thread or post, but-what type of imaging does this support? I think bmp's would be a good idea (as I see you already have them) because it's pixel-perfect precision. Will there be alpha layers and masks also automatically detected by your 3D Viewer? Or is the black background of the image just going to blend in with the 3d Viewer's background?

I may only use this software once (for custom blood emittance from enemies when shot) but all in all, this is amazingly helpful.

Thanks for the software,
AaronG

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2007 22:07
The preview should account for alpha masks and such, though not black on BMP's. The BMP's black background will become transparent in FPSC though.

In other news: The program, documentation, and installer are finished. I'm now working on the website now. As for payments I'm looking into Google Checkout. Shouldn't be much longer...

SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2007 03:38
awesome
AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2007 03:52
Sweet man. Can't wait. This is a godsend.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2007 05:27
Sent cha a letter there AirSlide...

Best
Loc

theboss
Years of Service
User Offline
where do i buy it :S?
andf dous it still have the discount price?

Whe are currently looking for people who can uvmap and people who are good in lvl design, if youre interrested e-mail me

http://pietrowgames.xydonisnetwork.net/news.php
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2007 15:49
Quote: "looking into Google Checkout"

Last time I checked, they didn't allow for digital download sales. I hope they changed.

Best.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2007 20:24
They changed

Quote: "At this time, Google Checkout is designed primarily for transactions involving tangible goods. However, you may also process transactions for intangible goods (such as digital or downloadable products), services, subscriptions, and donations (if your organization is 501c3 tax-exempt)."

@TheBoss - I'm still setting up the website....should be done soon.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2007 22:02
Quote: "if your organization is 501c3 tax-exempt"

Well, I'm not a "Not for profit" organization, and the fact that you're looking into a shopping cart, tells me that you're not either. LOL

Best.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2007 22:46
I'm pretty sure that applies for donations only based on the other references in their help

Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2007 13:06
I think that this is a superb looking program and can't wait to purchase a copy. Great work.
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2007 17:01
Any eta on a release?
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2007 02:06
When it's done

Oh wait, it already is

I've been spending some time on my vacation actually doing what you do on vacations (amazingly enough! hehe) so I haven't really been focusing on this much. I already have a website up just need to get the domain and google checkout and everything will be good to go. Though I may look into paypal as at the moment google checkout may not be the way to go, it looks very good (especially with credit card transactions) but it is focused for non-digital products. While they allow digital products, it may be interesting to figure everything out...

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2007 04:57
Well, I'm ready to sign-up as soon as you're setup!
SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2007 05:03
looking forward to the release.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2007 21:10
Website's ready, gonna get my domain name today hopefully, and I'll setup paypal soon. I'll be going home Thursday so I may have a lull where I can't do orders, but that shouldn't be long. It may take till then to get everything finalized anyways (but hopefully not). Thanks in advance for everyone who orders

Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2007 22:05
Good news,looking forward to getting your program.

God speed, Airslide
Hardcore
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Aug 2007 02:29
Very interested in seeing how this final release will work. Could be a very useful tool For FPSC
Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 13:26 Edited at: 28th Aug 2007 15:05
Any idea on if this is going to be done soon? been awhile since the last post.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2007 02:15
Sorry, I just moved and I'm lucky to have my desktop setup. Might be a tad before I can get the paypal up, I have other priorities - really sucks though that I probably won't have it ready till at least half way into September.

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2007 05:45
Looking forward to it.

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
protoborg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2007 07:07 Edited at: 15th Sep 2007 07:08
Looks like a very helpful program. I do not make much custom content, but I might at least make custom decals with this. Good job.

Quote: "I think bmp's would be a good idea (as I see you already have them) because it's pixel-perfect precision. Will there be alpha layers and masks also automatically detected by your 3D Viewer?"

There are just a few problems with this thought. First, .bmp's do not have Alpha channels. Second, the file format has nothing to do with the "precision" of the file. The program that creates the image is where there would be anything relating to precision. File format determines what size the image will be and how much information is lost from the original. Third, decals are not 3D.

You know your code sucks when it does what you want before you know what you want.
Cyberdude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2007 13:55
I just want to paste a few jpg's on a wall.
I bought decal maker thinking it made well...decals.
How do I perform this simple operation?
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2008 19:08
Was v6 ever completed?

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2008 18:52
@ Uthink

Did you really need to bump this thread by 3 months to ask a question that could be solved by using the search function?

Airslide released Decal maker 6 for free in the Models and Media board in November, search for it.

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2008 03:29
Since I made the post, yes I really did need to bump this thread. If you read the thread in the Models and Media board (which I did), you'll see there were problems with that version and that Airslide was working to fix it.

Because of my post, he emailed me that he was indeed working on a new version. Technically I suppose that v6 was completed and I'm really asking about a fix or update to it.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2008 03:44
Yes, an update is in progress. I'm still having trouble narrowing down the problem though.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2008 05:45 Edited at: 11th Jan 2008 06:00
This works fine for me now,for some reason the settings.ini I looked at for the one I downloaded in other post was thus:
[Settings]
fpscdir=C: Program Files The Game Creators FPS Creator"

The download from your website was thus:
[Settings]
fpscdir=C: Program Files The Game Creators FPS Creator
name=0
key1=0
key2=0"

Slashes dont appear here..

So the missing
name=0
key1=0
key2=0"

Helped to cure it.

I also replaced the particles.x with the default one from FPSC as this was just a white ball in the editor and it all works perfectly.
I'm not sure if either of these is the actual fault but for me it fixed things.

Thank you for this proggy.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 11:25:01
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 11:25:01