Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is the fps realy cool on full version i want to buy it soon is it worth it?
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2007 21:19
It's great in lots of ways like simplicity, entertainment and it is noob friendly However it can be very glitchy and sometimes it has weird speed problems. Also the AI is under par.
*Slayer_2
P.S. I would recommend it but maybe if you want to make REALLY good games than you should look at FPSC X10.

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2007 01:34
Congratulations

You've just discovered that pots of gold can occasionally be found at the end of a rainbow.

FPSC is the best indie game development software on the market right now. You WILL be able to start developing first person shooters which ARE better than games built on the following engines:

Half Life, Quake 3, Unreal Tournament

If this wasn't enough to have sleepless nights over, it's about to get a whole lot better with FPSC X10 which will allow you to compete with current commercial quality games as seen on Windows Vista and next generation game consoles.

And lets face it, first person shooters are the only games genre that really matters so who cares about using some overly complicated game engine which takes an age to learn just to achieve exactly the same thing.

Well done you lucky, lucky man
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2007 02:04
It's addicting!

Nuff Said.
Brandon the game maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Can you have people save on fps games and can you make title screens.
th3 dark j0k3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2007 07:47
Lets just say the first time i tried to build a game led to a very "fun" 6 hours. Other than tht it is really a good system for fun. Too be honest if you want it for money go learn dbpro instead it will be much more worth your while.

Fallen Empires-You picked a bad day to come online.
I am A White Hat Hacker. Plz Don't Shoot
phil17
Years of Service
User Offline
I think FPSC is excellent. easy to use, tons of media content and hours of fun.
buy buy! lmao

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2007 23:49
Quote: "Can you have people save on fps games and can you make title screens."

FPSC has been designed in such a way that everything which can be made customisable has been made customisable which includes title screens and everything else you could possibly need.

This is a one of only a select few applications on my PC which I consider to be in the must have category.

I've used 3D Game Studio A5 and Torque. 3DGS had a damn awful map editor which completely took the fun out of building environments and expected you to write a script for the smallest little thing. Torque to my surprise looked amazing but if anyones downloaded that Orc village showcase level and actually played it on their machines real time, it sucks.

Believe me FPSC is the way forward and you have done well to find it amongst the many other lesser game engines out there.

The only other option is to download something like the Quake 3 engine now available under the GPL and do a mod but as FPSC can produce better games than those built on the Q3 engine, your much better off right here. Especially with the assistance of such a knowledgable and progressive community.

What other indie game engine is getting rave reviews from the likes of Nvidia / Crytek and well known online gaming magazines like Gamespot and IGN. That's right none. Just FPSC
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 6th Aug 2007 23:59
Cheers, Nomad. I could not have said it any better.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2007 00:24
Nomad, you've been practising that haven't you.
Somebody should make a sticky for the forum - "Why should I get FPS Creator" In fact I might just do that...

Your signature has been stolen. If you ever want to see it again, come to the cemetery and bring £500,000, oh, and can you get us some cake?
http://www.fpsinsane.co.nr/
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
honest opinion its far too cheap even if you turn insane and don't use it has very ncie box art and would make a great novelty coaster (jk) so buy it

Thanks
Adam
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
I think it's a pretty good program, a little annoying and slow at times, but good!

Not a Vista user, but a Vista Theme user!
Kimmen 1192
Years of Service
User Offline
I think its a very great software and makes quite good games, if you really try to.
Its a slow process to build a really good game with multiplie levels, but hey "Earth wasnt built on one day" (difficult to translate from swedish )

If you buy, Good luck.

Best wishes!
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2007 16:08
I like it 'cause it's got a good beat you could dance to!
pak4life
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2007 22:00
I personally think you should buy it because i dled the demo and after 2 hours i bought the program i loved it it was soo easy to use neet guns good chars plenty and plenty of scripts very custimizable. Soo BUY BUY BUY BUY lol cya

-Pak4life
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2007 18:06
In a word. Yes.

I like random stuff- but I hate watermelons!
Greek freak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2007 18:24
Well as everybody said it's the best fps game engine that there is but let me state the word <<engine>>. THat means if you don't have some other program to make the things in your game(which are called entities) like cars, cylinders and I don't know what else, you will find yourself in a tight position, cause the engine itself might have some good models but few and the model packs too. So unless you can find yourself comfortable with the freebies in the forum you should buy a model-editor along with your FPSC. That's my opinion

The problem is not if there isn't after-death-life. The problem is if there is no life in life!
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 11th Aug 2007 18:27
She'll steal your heart, no doubt, but you'll have to watch her. She'll keep you up nights and spoil your weekends.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2007 18:58
...worth the cash.

"...I'm sorry, could you repeat your question a little louder? I'm a trifle deaf in this ear."

- Willie Wonka
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "She'll steal your heart, no doubt, but you'll have to watch her. She'll keep you up nights and spoil your weekends.
"

I visit her usally after I spend 5 hours with my wife, Visual Basic. lol

DarkOrb
Years of Service
User Offline
How do I use a custom icon for my finished FPSC games?

Life is but a game. Learn the rules and play smart.
ProgMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello! My name is Nickolas. I am from Russia.

Quote: "How do I use a custom icon for my finished FPSC games?"

Download FPS Creator Hints'n'Tips. You can find it here:
http://www.fpsfree.com/downloads.htm (the latest file on page). You'll find the answer for your question.
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2007 12:55
dude it is better than tes4oblivion even with mods on it cant beat fpsc i mean the graffix are a little bad but its good you can make a game without a fuss you can enter nvidia (although i wouldent advise it and you can create the next countersrtike or you could do macchimma videos and last of all you can have fun ive only had fps creator for a month now and have you seen my work althugh i do have experience with game's cuz im like nearly one of the best map crators on FarCry Instincts Evolution
so buy it or die trying

Working on a game called "siinster" and after e1 of Doom
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "How do I use a custom icon for my finished FPSC games?
"

Find a program called "Icon Changer" or "Resource Hacker"

fata error
Years of Service
User Offline
its ok i would pay the £100 for realmcrafter adn mae ANY type of game i must admit fpsc i a bit bland the only thing that keeps me going is the content of the forums which i gr8
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "its ok i would pay the £100 for realmcrafter adn mae ANY type of game"

Meh. All MORPG's are the same. The'ye usually all involve some kind of un-realistic magic, and mideval stuff, or wizards and witches. All the same.

Keo C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2007 03:19
Quote: "The'ye usually all involve some kind of un-realistic magic, and mideval stuff, or wizards and witches. All the same."

They need a MMO game that has the game play of a FPS. Like a Halo MMOFPS
I would buy that for sure.

Uhhhhhhh.... I forgot
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2007 00:05
If you want reasons to buy FPS Creator, go to the Why Should I get FPS Creator? thread

[center]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 21:22:33
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 21:22:33