Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Virtual machines a solution to XP/Vista?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, my Dad who is a computer whiz told me about virtual machines. He said that it is where you set up a virtual machine system with your computer and it sounds a lot like dual booting. Is it? And would it be a solution to this problem that this board is about because I read on wiki that virtual machines over comes some of the problems of dual booting? Thanks!
Mickm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2007 17:38
If you want to use a virtual machine, specially Vista. You will need not only a lot of memory, but some good processing power because you are running two operating systems at the same time.

IntelĀ® Core 2 E6420 Duo Processor |2GB DDR2 | nVidia GeForce 8600 GTS |Sound BlasterĀ® Audigy HD Software Edition
Windows Vista Home Premium | 22" E228WFP Widescreen Digital Flat Panel
Squelchy Tom
Years of Service
User Offline
yes it will work but expect lag :/ you would need a good processor, i suggest a dual core as you will be running xp and vista and atleast 1.5/2G ram :/ i heard somewhere that it dosent have to be running 50/50, it could be like 80% vista and 20% xp. Someone planned on doing that so they could run fpsc and fpscx10 :0
mrniceguy
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't think it will work. Most of the virtual machines uses a emulated standard VGA adapter and DirectX isn't fully supported.

Have done several tests with FPSC games in VMware but without luck.
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2007 17:17
Yes, I was going to mention VMware. The only thing with using a virtual machine, is that your system will lag, if you don't have a powerful processor and enough RAM.

We messed around with VMware in college, we had to install an OS using it, then set up a network and so on. It was a nooby course, which I flew through, but I needed the certificate, so I had to do it.

Anyway, you would be better off dual booting with vista, instead of using a virtual machine.

FastBurst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2007 17:18
You will not be able to Run ANY FPSC Games in virtual Machines. Due to Basic VGA Driver as an emulators, You can't install DirectX which is required to run the games.

You can run FPSCreator however, unless you have a powerful machines your best bet is to not to. Lag and everything else will be the downside.

Just my thoughts as I am a Microsoft MVIP and Master MSDN holder. Even Microsoft's Virtual PC dooesn't support it and you think they would being they use DirectX.

White Fang 12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2007 14:56
well you could dual boot or tri boot if you have xp and linux
or you could upgrade to vista ow the words hurt was wash mouth with soap. sorry I HATE vista

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 18:01:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 18:01:39