Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Tito 2 Demo

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2007 06:16 Edited at: 15th Aug 2007 15:36
Hi all,

If anyone is interested, here is a link to an old Tito 2 demo (55meg) that didn't really go anywhere more that this.

http://www.dimsdale-kreozot.com/demos/Tito2_Demo.zip

(But we are still working on Super Tito)

I've got a few other old demo and things to up if people are interested in checking them out?

Cheers,
Louis Dimsdale

[img]null[/img]

http://www.dimsdale-kreozot.com/demos/Tito2_Demo.zip
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2007 20:54
any pictures ?

Gandalf said: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Odyssey-Creators - X-Quad Editor - 3DMapEditor
Louis Dimsdale the 3rd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2007 05:21 Edited at: 15th Aug 2007 15:45
Louis Dimsdale the 3rd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2007 05:23 Edited at: 15th Aug 2007 15:44

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2007 17:53
I remember that, weird game

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it was rubbish.
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2007 05:50
I'm confused...hasn't this demo been out for years? I remember this back in ye good ol' days of darkBASIC...you know, actually making games rather than enhancement packs, level editors, and plugins ^^ Seems to be the trend these days...

If you're working on it again, cheers, was a fun game ^^ Very innovative =D

Tux is my guildmaster.
Louis Dimsdale the 3rd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2007 03:35
I don't think this demo for 'Tito 2' has been released before? (Still, I might be wrong??)

The old Tito games has been around for years.
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2007 20:55
Ah, you're right. I was looking at the original Tito (http://thegamecreators.com/?m=showcase_view&i=154) =D Look forward to playing it!

-Bishop

Tux is my guildmaster.
Mr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2007 02:49
That's wicked. On the bouncy level the lights kind of flickered on and off for some reason though.

SUPER BADASS SPACESHIP X: WEBSITE
FORUM TOPIC
Louis Dimsdale the 3rd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2007 15:47
Thanks for taking the time to down load it and play it Mr Tank.
I think i fixed that problem in the new game by cutting up the water into smaller polys.
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2007 23:24
High class as usual!

I thought the ring level was a bit long, it's quite boring.

Is it possible to get up on those high platforms when jumping around?

I would like to see a jet pack feature, like pressing space and you fly for a second or two.

I pressed CTRL and it seems like I was teleported, I did it a few times and I ended up dying constantly and had to press ALT+F4 to quit, what's up with that?

Personally I get sick and tired of the bouncing, it's a very slow way to move around when you collect the coins. It would be more fun if I could press and hold a key to bounce and I had to use it to move around more quickly and some places has to be navigated by bouncing.

[center]
Game development made simple!
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2007 13:13
Quote: "I pressed CTRL and it seems like I was teleported, I did it a few times and I ended up dying constantly and had to press ALT+F4 to quit, what's up with that?"

Yeah I did that accidentially and it totally confused me.
Also while you seem to be able to use the controller for moving about on the bouncing level (and menu screen).. the buttons do nothing. Plus on level 1 and 3 again it does nothing.

Adding controller support would really be cool Louis! (I can provide you with a DB v1 compatible XInput dll too if you like to provide a more full support for current generation controller too)

The game while basically identical to the original, just feels much better and more professional now. I'd say you've done a bang-up job with it. Played quite a few small / indi games last night and seriously had so much fun on Tito2 it was crazy

Another suggestion though would be to allow the camera to be rotated, sometimes it's difficult to see what you're doing. Also agree with DA about perhaps having a super bounce.. perhaps a mario-style jump attack would be cool too, the pirates all ended up following me to one area where I had like 6 of them all in this tiny space. Thank god theres' no lives otherwise that would've got quite irritating! I mean the attack does't need to be something tito can personally do, it could be some level based things so you can trick the pirates and send 'em flying

Still awesome job man, totally cool sequal

Louis Dimsdale the 3rd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2007 14:34 Edited at: 26th Aug 2007 02:48
Thanks for the comments guys.
I pretty much agree with all the above comments and the current game pretty much incorporates a lot of your suggestions already.

I didn't think it was realy fun enough and scraped it.

I'll have to upload a demo level of the new build some day??

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 07:53:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 07:53:07