Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Is There a New Shadow Option in FPSC 1.06 RC4?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2007 14:44
First post here, so hi

I've just found out about the latest download from fpscreator.com and have installed it. I can't seem to get this new light-mapping system to work, though. I've done everything I'd normally do in the first release, but nothing happens. I'm thinking maybe there's a new option to switch shadows on/off on a per object basis or something, but I can't find anything.

Any ideas?
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2007 15:28
File->Preferences->

Click on Quick Light Mapping (or whatever its called) and accept.

Try again

Vote today and play the games!
pumeco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2007 16:04
I've already tried it a few times now, there's still no shadows.
During the 'Build Game' progress bar, it's not even calculating the Light-Maps.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2007 00:21
Changing the lightmapping quality in File / Preferences will change this setting for test games but it sounds like you are going straight in and building the level out as stand alone.

You'll need to change the lightmapping quality to full lightmapping in the build game settings as well.

Otherwise you've changed something in the game build scripts e.g. lightmapthread which has caused a problem.

Either you need to re install FPSC or you've got a pre historic graphics card
pumeco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2007 01:38
Well it's an old card alright (ATI 9200SE), but I don't have any problems with previous releases of FPSC. And surprisingly, the frame rate feels incredible with this new release. BTW, I've not altered anything in the scripts. In fact this release has been installed on a brand new installation of XP after a reformat, and nothing's been altered from it's default installation state.

It was just a matter of installing FPSC, laying down a few floor tiles, add an entity or two, add a light, set the light-mapping options and hitting 'Test Level'.

That's all I did, but no shadows appear no matter what. I'm beginning to think it's a bug.
Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Are you using static lightining? Becouse dynamic lights do not cast shadows.

And it's recommended to edit the value of lightining's quality in the setup.ini's to get sharper and smoother shadows, if you have strong enough machine. There should be instructions in the original 1.06 (or older) thread.
pumeco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2007 03:10
OK, thanks - I'll look into that

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 21:20:03
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 21:20:03