Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / segment problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
alright i am trying to create a custom meshed segment and have put my textures and meshes in the correct folders and have trying adding D2 at the end of all them and changing the name to match other segment and it does not work in the code box below is my .FPS file and wheat is happening when I try to use it is I got a run time error saying my mesh does not exist even though it is the correct folder also I'm running FPSC V1.6 I remember being able to go to V1 and manually written segments would work, but not they do not!

Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2007 02:10
Hm.. When I had this problem, it was because I hadn't exported the mesh correctly. What exporter are you using?
TEST OF WILL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2007 02:11 Edited at: 9th Aug 2007 02:13
Quote: "Hm.. When I had this problem, it was because I hadn't exported the mesh correctly. What exporter are you using?"

One sec im going to go retry and export it

edit: Im using milkshapes directX (JT) exporter and it comes out fine! I still don't see why it's not working!
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2007 02:40
I think there's a direct x number setting in the JT exporter, it has to be set to 180 or something like that, it's a long time since I use milkshape.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2007 02:50
TEST OF WILL,

Yes due to the error message you recieve it sounds like the .x file is not credible but your exporter choice is a good one.

If you continue to have problems, try a simpler test for the object. Try inserting it in a bare test level as an enity using a simple entity script to see if it still behaves erronously. If it does it is probably the .x file not being stable or incorrectly saved out from milkshape, there being a compatibility issue. Try some different settings in the export dialogue from milkshape. Post your export settings here some one may be able to help.

I am not sure how others are finding such custom made objects behaving when using them with V1.6.1

"There are those who said this day would never come - What have they to say Now?"
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2007 03:08 Edited at: 9th Aug 2007 03:13
Point to one of the default meshes in FPSC,try retexturing this.
Unless you are creating a floor mesh which is a completely different shape (simple box) then there is really no point in creating a new mesh.
Only the first texture,diffuse,needs to be named with _D or _D2.
Specular should be _S and normal maps _N.
It looks like you are trying to use the same texture for all of the shaders.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 21:24:08
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 21:24:08