Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Dynamic Objects no box collision!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Anyone got any success in making a dynamic object collide like polygons?
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2007 10:13
Read up on this sort of topic before you post questions like this. You can collide with dynamic objects with polygon collision, but you can't be within the object's boundaries (no buildings) for some reason.

Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
are you sure because there are some WW2 buildings with FPSC you cna kind of go in on one of my maps there was a stock building with an open top floor where the roof was bombed and there was a way to get inside and sniper and that worked fine so it must be to do with the way its modeled

Thanks
Adam
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2007 12:07
Was it static or dynamic though? It may just be when you're completely surrounded by the model.

Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2007 12:12 Edited at: 10th Aug 2007 12:14
Dynamic I think because I made a mistake by copying and pasting and this made everything go dynamic until I noticed but there is a chance it was static. Surely if the collision is setup the same it would work providing you disabled physics and made it immobile. If i still had that map I would test but sadly I lost most of my best maps

Thanks
Adam
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2007 17:44
@Storm 6000,

Greetings. Mostly definitely had to have been static. Everything defaults to good old box collision, when set to dynamic. It's hardcoded.

"...I'm sorry, could you repeat your question a little louder? I'm a trifle deaf in this ear."

- Willie Wonka
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 11th Aug 2007 17:59
Quote: "Greetings. Mostly definitely had to have been static. Everything defaults to good old box collision, when set to dynamic. It's hardcoded."

I can't swear to the hard coded part because I just don't know enough about the source, but I have recently been trying to get a vehicle that can carry the player into my level, and I have to agree. No matter how I make the model, it defaults to box collision once set to dynamic, forcing me to keep my vehicle low and flat.

On another note, I saw something a while back where S4 had the player in a chopper model that was moving up. That could be something totally different though.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2007 21:38 Edited at: 11th Aug 2007 21:39
Xplosys, I sent you the replacement scripts for the lift,S4 used the same method for the chopper,did you receive them?
It may be that the method used will work for this,maybe not,as I have no great need for vehicles particularly I wont spend any time on them.

Best rolfy.

Mail me if you want the info on this.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2007 21:41
rolfy,

I got them now. Thanks. I'll check it out and get back to you.

Best.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@xplosys : I sent you an email about the lift as you must have the right lift parts for it to work.

@test of will : Yes it can be done with some work.

Best s4
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2007 16:54
s4real,

Thanks. Sent one back from a different address titled "xplosys response" and more info about this collision issue. Hope you can help.

Best.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Xplosys,
Yeah got ya email you seem to not have the new lift thats a complete dynamic object with animation. Ive sent you an email now.

Best s4
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2007 17:49
I SWEAR that in the source there is info on an FPE definition called collisionmode = X that controls whether to use box collision, cylidrical ect.

Look in some FPE's you should find it. Unless Lee broke something in the new versions, that *should* work. I don't know if polygonal collision is supported though.

Vote today and play the games!
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "you seem to not have the new lift thats a complete dynamic object with animation"

Sorry must have sent you the wrong zip xplosys,could have sworn that was the latest version tho' lol.

apologies rolfy.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2007 18:25 Edited at: 12th Aug 2007 18:26
Part of the problem is with Yahoo mail. It deletes some of the files at will (perceived threats). Please send it to my email link on this page. I have to send back to you through Yahoo though. Darn mail servers!!!!

Airslide, I'll look into that too. Thanks.

Best.

Test of Will: This is not a hijack attempt. We really are working on the problem.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@X : Sent you new email.

@Airslide : Yes you do have to use the collisionmode = X in the fpe.

Best s4

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 21:22:06
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 21:22:06