Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Speedball - (Lots of images!)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2007 22:34 Edited at: 10th Aug 2007 22:52
Speedball v0.9

14 Normal courses + 1 bonus course
8 levels on each course

Speedball is the game I have been working on since May and it is a puzzle/arcade game that requires accuracy and timing.

It's fairly simple, just aim the ball so that it enters the goal area on the other side of the level without falling through holes in the side or at the back. There are also several obstacles that you have to watch out for. The game should hopefully be explained in a bit more detail in the readme file that comes with Speedball.

Screenshots

Download

Download attached

This is v0.9 because it is likely that there are some small bugs in the game that I have not come across. If you find a bug, it would be very helpful if you could report it so that when I release a newer version, it will be closer to "bug free".

Enjoy

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2007 12:58
hey, GC. dl'd speedball and played it a few times. is the target-sphere supposed to stay inside an invisible "rounded rectangle" boundry? you're able to position the target through the outer walls (out of the play area) but not into the 4 corners of the play area? that's the only possible bug i saw.

i do play some pool so i like the premise of the game, but it's a little too difficult to be fun for me. there are (obviously) "sweet spots" on the levels and hunting for them just became too much of a chore vs fun. i did learn right away to use the holes on the top/bottom to get a hint of where to aim, but a few levels are just overly difficult. real hit and miss sometimes.

if you do issue a "speedball for dummies" version of the game, i'd definitely be interested

btw, i downloaded minestorm and look forward to checking your work out there. congrats on 2 finished products!

Tom J
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2007 11:28
Thanks for playing & commenting on Speedball Virtual Nomad And it's cool to see that you have tried Minestorm too.

Quote: "is the target-sphere supposed to stay inside an invisible "rounded rectangle" boundry? you're able to position the target through the outer walls (out of the play area) but not into the 4 corners of the play area? that's the only possible bug i saw. "

The aiming boundaries weren't intentionally meant to be like that, it just appears to be a rounded rectangle by default for some reason. The target sphere is positioned based on where the mouse is, but for some reason when the mouse is in the corners of the screen, then the target sphere reacts in that unusual way. The problem was found early on but it didn't seem to be too much of a problem as (correct me if I'm wrong), there weren't levels that were significantly made harder by this oddly shaped boundary.

I agree that there are some levels that are too hard and can be quite frustrating (especially one of the courses in particular), maybe a "speedball for dummies" game would be a good idea for some players who prefer the easier/less annoying levels unfortunately, I already have several other game ideas at the moment that I want to work on, so if I do make an easier version of Speedball, it will not be released for a while

Quote: "congrats on 2 finished products!"

Thanks Now, on to my next project!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 20:32:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 20:32:16