Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Few things that I can't understand in FPSC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi!
First, why enemies do not fall? If u try to put them in the air, they won't fall, they just hanging there. Is there a way to change that?
Second, if i put one bad guy, everything is ok, he attacks me and stuff. But if i put 10 of them, they won't do anything, or sometimes only 2 out of 10 do something to me, and still they might just stop, unless u come really close to them(IN THE FACE!). Is there an explonation?
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
yer dodgy ai lol you will have to tinker with scriptsand settings to make them better downloading one of the later patchs will allow more active enemies but there is a still a limits and its not going to be 10 thats not how real games work either often enemys respawn in an out of sight location when they die to give the ilusion of waves of attacks. Changing there physics wieght may make them fall if physics is on for them

Thanks
Adam
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Few things that I can't understand in FPSC"

You're breaking one of the commandments of FPS Creator!

Commandment # 1 - Thou shall never question why this software sucks sometimes.

Commandment # 2 - Thou shall never create a topic on how you keep falling through the floors.

Commandment # 3 - Thou shall never question FredP on his decision, EVER.

And the list goes on...

Not a Vista user, but a Vista Theme user!
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 16th Aug 2007 16:16
Quote: "explonation? "

Is that like a.... really loud, in-your-face answer?

I don't know how to make a character fall. You can try changing the settings and let us know if you figure it out.

As for the number of bad guys, if you upgrade to the latest update, more enemies will be active at once, but you still don't want to have more than a few at a time.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2007 16:30
If physics are on, I'm guessing they should fall. You like many others, have run into that niggling problem where only two enemies attack at a time. Simply set "always active" to yes in the chosen enemies properties. But it's probably wise to have 5 as an ABSOLUTE maximum. You can help keep yor enemies manageable by spawning them via triggerzones.

Hope this helps!

I like random stuff- but I hate watermelons!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 21:19:18
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 21:19:18