Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Set Camera ToI mage

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2007 02:52
Hi since setcameratoimage is a bit buggy I wonder how can I implement my own setcameratoimage? I\'ve found a related thread but from what read it doesn\'t seam to work here\'s the link

Jna99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2007 16:50 Edited at: 16th Aug 2007 16:51
Anyone? I'm asking 'cause when I do setcameratoimage on camera 0, and use that image on a sprite, when alpha is 0 the sprite should be invisible but instead my screen "freezes"...I've tested without using the image from the setcamera and it works, so the problem must be in the setcamera.....

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2007 22:58
You ever get this going? Was thinkning about something similiar to make the helicopter cockpit "come alive"

Jna99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2007 02:27
..Nope I'm still having issues with the setcameratoimage command maybe I could circle the prob if there was a turnoffsetcameratoimage!

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2007 04:35
That stinks.. sure you didn't miss anything? (hoping you are...) Because that is such a cool feature I've "known" about and looked forward to the time I get to play with it. Its my understanding you can do some neat things - like make "Video" monitor type things - like a tv - perfect for a fighter heli with a reallife zoom camera - to show it on the cockpit (In green or perhaps color in daytime)

I Hope this can be proven to work. Bugs happen - At least when its one of us we can "circle back" and fix it. When its in the api.... well.... you know

Red Ocktober
Years of Service
User Offline
seems to be working ok here... i've had to use it in porting over the BASIC code for the water shader...

what issues are you having...

also, you wouldn't want to set your primary view cam to an image directly, would you... wouldn't you SetCameraToImage on another cam, one that is not being used in the mainloop sync, for later retrieval...

--Mike
Jna99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2007 18:01
Quote: "also, you wouldn't want to set your primary view cam to an image directly, would you... wouldn't you SetCameraToImage on another cam, one that is not being used in the mainloop sync, for later retrieval..."

Normally no, but since what's gonna be rendered is the same, and to spare resources the primary camera would be the best choice...problem is that I can't shut it down...

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2007 19:47
Hmmm.... How can a camera render the image that is of the camera that is rendering the image that...... Sounds Recursive to me. That may be the problem perhaps.

What aBout - Fire Cam 1 at scene (Same as cam 0), map it to image in scene... and let cam 0 draw the scene and the "mapped" image of the Scene.

I appreciate the save resources thing - but for this I don't know...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 03:26:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 03:26:16