Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
Is it possible to make segments that are not blocks or rectangle but are tubes? The player then moves through these tubes. With bends and drops etc

Has anyone done this or could do this?

I am willing to pay for a full set of segments that can do this.

Thanks
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Can be done, yes. It's a bit high poly to make it look like a tube and not an octagon though.

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2007 17:46
I have done it. When I get home tonight I'll upload a few samples.
It's flawed, but I haven't spent much time on it. I created a straight pipe, elbow, and incline. Ran into some collision problems when using the incline to go up and down levels. I made an incline because I wanted it to double as either a pipe or a tunnel. And putting a ladder in to get around didn't seam practical.
SBOVIS
Years of Service
User Offline
Uthink,
I would be interested in the look and usability of these segments, collision should not be an issue as I want the player to move through the tubes as if hovering off the ground standing on a hover type device. This is the first step then I want to elaborate on the tubes, different materials etc, then add enemies. I am taking this project step by step in the onfines of what FPSC can and cannot do. From little acorns and all that........
If your segments work to produce tubes and your interested in making a specific pack, I will pay you to model these.

Thanks
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2007 06:02
I'm putting pics on the Models board.
Check it out there and let me know if you want them.
SBOVIS
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Uthink,
I have seen the tubes, and they are good but I really need segments created in the same way, as if the player is going through an underground tunnel, still with the same bends etc, but connectable via segments.

I also want to be able to texture the segments with different textures for different levels.

I will pay good money for a segment pack if your interested?
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2007 15:27
Ah, you looking for a full-size tunnel. Mine were built for you to crawl through. As far as segments, I don't think it matters. With mine you just hit the 'B' key twice and they line up just like segments. That's how I connect them. To change textures just use a different texture file.

You might check with OLEG. I seem to recall him mentioning working on some tubes or pipes for his upcoming pack. There's no doubt that he's one of the top texture guys around and does great work. Maybe he can scale what he has up to tunnel size?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 21:20:53
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 21:20:53