Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Custom bulletholes...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2007 00:01
OK. Here's what I know:
In the gunspec there's a line that says
damagetype = n
I believe this refers to the bullethole picture file, with different bullethole types on a 4x4 grid. 1 would be the first one to the left, going down and across textbook style. I know that I must use my own bullethole pics in this fashion to make custom bulletholes work. What I don't know is, how should I go about this? Must I overwrite the existing bulletholes with my own? Should I extend the picture size to accomdate my own? Do I make a new picture file?

WHAT DO I DO!?!

Bioshock demo's out- Is AWESOME!
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2007 15:51
You could replace the existing ones which are based on material. The only weapon specific one in there that is used is the one for "pellets". I think EAI may have added more in the new scorchmod in model packs 9/10, but I'm not sure as I'm still waiting for them.

Vote today and play the games!
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Pus In Boots, scorchtype is the variable for changing bullet hole type.
0 is the value for the first type of hole, 1 is the second and so on.

damagetype specifies what kind of kinetic damage is done. Normal, push-back or knock-down.

You need to replace (but back-up first) bullethole.dds, that's what FPSC looks to for bullet holes, flak scorches and blood splatter.

If you're using Gimp or Photoshop, you can download a layered .psd file I set up to help see how to do it yourself. EAIscorchMod v.1 thread link

MP9/10 has an updated version of what is posted above. The difference being less new scorch types for better function with flak weapons in single player games.
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2007 21:12 Edited at: 19th Aug 2007 21:15
scorchtype... that's more like it! I don't use gimp or photoshop (fireworks all the way!)

Thanks for the advice.

While the topics up, what's the deal with "prebulletholes" ?

Bioshock demo's out- Is AWESOME!
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "While the topics up, what's the deal with "prebulletholes" ?"

FPSC overlays two decals to make a single bullethole for all surfaces except the type used for some internal wall segments. I don't remember off hand what its ID type is but I do know that metal, glass, wood and concrete all use the dual decal system.

Basically, the "prebulletholes" are the scorch applied based on the surface properties of the segment or entity. Then the actual hole is applied over the top of that.

My main gripe was that the "prebulletholes" also included a bullet hole as part of the decal. That's why I made the scorch mod. With the hole in the surface type damage removed, the proper holes show more clearly and it is possible to have weapons that leave no penetration hole, just the surface damage.

Hope that heps clear things up.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 21:25:09
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 21:25:09