Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / [ANNOUNCEMENT] The Best of the Best: Archives [BOTB].

Author
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2007 02:22 Edited at: 10th Jun 2010 06:14

Welcome to the BOTB: Archives

This place is for the BOTB that either predate the Very Best of the Best, or no longer have a valid link to their demo. Feel free to peruse the numerous entries and give kudos to the Developers who helped start FPSCreator's Best of the Best!

-Keith

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2007 22:07 Edited at: 6th Oct 2011 06:50
Anderson & The Legacy of Cthulhu

Developer: Ertlov

Story

Game Story as told by Robert D. Anderson himself:

"Everyone calls me Anderson. Robert D. Anderson - the perfect name for a New York shamus like me. And in times like these, I'm glad that almost no one knows my real name: Robert Dietrich, Baron von Landers. I can barely remember my original home on the border between Bavaria and Austria. I was still a little boy when one night an angry mob stood outside the gates, loudly demanding the death of my grandfather, the old baron. I no longer remember how they got inside and what happened then..."

"...we arrived in New York, everything was new and fascinating, especially for a young boy like me. My father seemed to age three years for every year that passed; by the time he was 45, his hair was snow white. The doctors didn't know what to do. And so as a teenager, I had to bury not only him, but also my mother – she died a few months after my father, probably of grief. My parents had saved a small amount every month in order for me to be able to attend one of the better universities in the country. I wanted to fulfill their wishes as best I could, and graduated with fair grades in criminology and journalism. Along the way, I worked for newspapers, as an assistant in lawyers' offices, and for detectives. I think they would have been proud of me, although my choice of profession probably would have shocked them. At the age of 25, I opened my own detective agency; two years later, I received an open contract from the police as reporter and special investigator. Everything was going perfectly..."

"...at least, until that day in February 1940, when the chief of police called me and informed me that it was vital that I meet with him in Providence. A backwater town in the middle of nowhere, to put it politely. He led me to a cellar where a body lay on the floor. The dead man was a certain William Leland, an infamous old occultist. His face was shredded, as though by a wild animal. The reason the chief had called me was a yellowed letter that was found next to the body - written by my own grandfather.
I set out immediately for Europe, to my old homeland. We were not yet at war with the Germans, but it was not easy for an American to travel to the heart of the new fascist giant. However, I wanted to know for certain what had happened with my father and grandfather. An understanding I could only find on the estate of the Landers."

Background

Background Story of the game:

Sam Miller, one of the Pen & Paper Game Master I know, came up with a 3rd Reich Setting for Cthulhu-based Role Playing two or three years ago, a setting he called "Himmlers Shoggoth" and which was very true to Lovecraft, very frightening and awful to be played as Pen & Paper Adventure with the usual combination of characters. The idea of the Secret Societies among the SS trying to use the powers of the Great Old Ones was extremely thrilling, but it turned out that a common Cthulhu character would never come close enough to the inner circle of such Secret Societies. We talked about making a computer game instead, but we suffered from a lack of knowledge and suitable engine.

In summer 2006, I discovered the FPSC and so we talked again about creating a unique horror game, some kind of playable book. Peter Siedl, an extremely talented Fantasy Artist with ties to our Role-playing group, agreed to join us. Gerhard Daurer, a director who had won at the Diagonale Film festival before, owed me some favor, because I had done the stunt work in one of his early films for free, so we got him for the cut-scenes.

In Fall 2006, we started developing. Shanon aka Uberdroid, the creator of MagicFPS, joined our ranks, as well as some other gifted minds. With the first playable version I went to JoWooD, the publisher whom I had worked for until 2005 and where I am still doing a lot of stuff as Freelancer, including managing the community work. Due to lack of graphical quality my proposal was rejected, so we worked everything over and polished until we reached every single border of FPSC possibilities. The new version got us a publishing contract in early 2007, and soon Pegasus Press, the German licensee of the Cthulhu Pen & Paper RPG, agreed to help us on some issues.

In July 2007, our game was released worldwide, with an English version spoken by the same voice actor as Max Payne. A few days later, we published a patch that eliminated almost everything that had been mentioned in reviews and feedback. Now, an Add-on campaign is being made which is intended to being given away for free to all regular customers of the retail version.

DOWNLOAD

-Keith

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2007 16:54 Edited at: 6th Oct 2011 06:51
Beyond Life

Developer: Wehtam

Story

You are Edward, a security guard who has been out of work for a while now. You ritually check your incoming messages for news on jobs, but it seems the security business is being replaced by intelligent and cheaper robot alternatives.

On this day a message from your brother arrives, it seems Maximilian has pulled a few strings and landed you some temporary work on a routine transport vessel, an old Kal-Class ship.

You grab your gear and ship out right away.

After all the initial pleasantries and introductions you load your trusty weapon and begin a clean sweep of the lower decks, space pirates love a free ride, especially when there's expensive materials on board.

You meet up with your brother but he seems rather preoccupied with something, he talks of an "opportunity of a lifetime", a plan... a master plan to explore the unknown.

Before your allowed to question your brother's motives the sirens start to sound, the ship is on course with a highly radioactive anomaly, known as the "Spacial Fracture".

There's no time to stand and think, the shields are failing and the ship is tearing itself apart....what will you do?

The clock is ticking.

Reviews

"Having played this game from start to finish, I have to admit it is truly superb. The story-line had me engaged as much as anything HL2 could throw at me, and visually it was lovely. The end video was great." - Richard Davey - TGC Forum Admin.

Background

When I was a school pupil I started drawing ideas for a cartoon, it was to be called Officer 24 and featured a character called Edward. The basic scenario saw Edward and crew piloting a large vessel into a black hole, the ship in question was the Kal-Manora, designed specifically for travel into these infinite holes in space.

In the cartoon Edward encounters another world inside the black hole, which is inhabited by a race of creatures who poses the power to manifest their thoughts into physical entities.

Beyond Life is loosely based on the story of Officer 24, for those who have played the game you may have noticed that, open standing in front of the Re-Read Kiosk, Edward is addressed as "Officer 24".

I saw the NVIDIA/TGC contest as the perfect opportunity to create a 3D world of the story which has been in my head since childhood.

DOWNLOAD

Contact: wehtam[at]wehtam.co.uk (link made "unclickable" at the request of Developer)

-Keith

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2007 17:56 Edited at: 6th Oct 2011 06:52
SpiderZ

Developer: BenjaminA

Story

On the 8th of May 1957, somewhere in a secret laboratory ..... there's a huge explosion. Unnoticed by anyone, a number of spiders escape. Scientist assume they've all died in the explosion, but the spiders escape to a forest nearby. Through experiments, these spiders have grown much much larger then normal and they are aggressive and even dangerous to humans. The spiders are an imminent danger to a nearby town and the military is called in to help control the situation.

That's only the start! Start your epic adventure in SpiderZ, save the world from an imminent danger. SpiderZ is a 3 level Freeware FPS Game based on the comic SpiderZ. You get to read the full SpiderZ comic and at the same time play an epic FPS game! But be warned ..... this game isn't for the weak-hearted. In the game, you're a soldier who's part of the division that the army sends to the town to solve the spider problem. There are 3 mission you have to accomplish. First of all enter the top secret base, at least what's left of it, and recover the anti-serum needed for the casualties in the town. In the second mission you have to help in the evacuation of the town, prior to the final assault on the town. The last mission takes you to a forest where scientist believe the spider queen's liar is located. You must find the lair and destroy the queen before she can breed and produce an even more dangerous generation of SpiderZ.

Minimum System Requirements: Pentium4 or AMD Athlon 1.5Ghz, Windows
2000/XP/Vista, 235MB Hard Disk Space, 256MB RAM, DirectX compatible 64MB 3D
Video Card, DirectX 9.0c, DirectX compatible Sound Card.

Background:

SpiderZ is based on a comic I did finish early 2006. With the comic SpiderZ I wanted to create an comic that had the look and feel of the 1950's monster movies like Them! and Tarantula. After finishing the comic the idea was born to somehow add a game to it with the same atmosphere and feel of the comic. I debated to make it either 2D or 3D and in the end I choose for a 3D setting which would capture the same atmosphere and feel of the game even more.

At that time I was using FPSC and naturally it was my program of choice. The first thing to do was recreate a drawn comic type environment in FPSC. I had to re-texture all of the items used in the game. To accomplish this, I designed a base texture that gives the impression of the model being drawn. Then I took the original textures of the 3D models and converted them to grayscale. The grayscale texture was merged with the base texture and this combination gave the look I wanted.

Then the toughest part came.... the spiders themselves. At that time Rolfy wasn't around, so no spiders at all. I modeled a different spider years back for a game and used that spider as a base for the FPSC spider. In Cinema4D (V6) the spider was textured and animated and exported to FPSC through Ultimate Unwrap 3D which was used to adjust the texture correctly. I wanted the spider to be a character, but that didn't work out completely, so it ended up as a animated entity. I wrote a script to control the spider, so that it would behave as a character. By the time I was working on level 3,Rolfy came along and I ended up using his spiders also and he ended up using my script for his spiders. You'll find a lot of his spiders in the game and some of mine. The whole has a good mix of different spiders.

At the time when I was working on SpiderZ, Lee implemented DarkLights and that was the perfect addition to recreate the atmosphere needed. To get the comic pages in the game, I used a changed version of the Talking NPC script that I created before for Commander Josh. At the start of the first level the player reads a number of comic pages and at a certain point he gets to
participate in the comic by playing a level of the game. If the player has accomplished the level, the comic goes on until the next level.

Editor's Note: I have a slight case of Arachnophobia.

DOWNLOAD

-Keith

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2007 04:35 Edited at: 28th Sep 2011 04:55
Darkest Island

Developer: Luke314pi

Story

Darkest Island is the story of a man named Daniel who wakes up in a bloody hospital bed on a remote island with no knowledge of how he got there. A girl's voice echoes in his mind, begging for him to come and rescue her, and promising to help him get off the island. Daniel finds that this hospital is actually a research facility, and the inhabitants are no longer human. These zombie-like creatures are not the only enemies that Daniel makes. Soon he has armed soldiers hunting him as well. The true story of the facility unfolds as Daniel makes his way into the dark center of the Island.

Reviews

"Outstanding job! The storyline was done very well, and the load screens reminded me alot of Max Payne. Great outdoor levels as well. I really liked the ending. I highly recommend this experience." -KeithC, Black Draco Games

"Great scare factor! Best horror fps I've played." -Kenny, Gearhead Games

Background

My 9 year old brother Andrew came up to me one day with a story he wrote about a man fighting zombies on a remote island. I really liked the story and I told him it would make a great video game. His eyes lit up and he asked me if we could make one together. How could I refuse? I spent the next few weeks hammering out the story details and script based on his short story. I wanted the game to have a cohesive theme that was carried out through each level, and I think I was very successful with that. I drew up level designs on paper before creating them in FPSC, and it worked out very well for me. I wanted the levels to feel like a real place, with layouts that would exist in real buildings, instead of something that would only exist in a video game world. I started in April 2006 and my goal was to finish by Christmas so we could give the game out as presents. I ended up finishing a few days after Christmas, but everyone was happy to get the game.

One glitch is do not go back in the elevator at level 3 or you will get stuck!

DOWNLOAD

-Keith

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2007 02:56 Edited at: 6th Oct 2011 06:52
Demon Sun

Developer: Creator of Zombies

Story

Demon Sun is based in a remote city, the victim of biological attack. Retired SAS officer Paul Baker is caught up within the chaos, the blast knocking him out.
Paul then awakes some hours later, lying in a abandoned office that was once the center of a Government run chemical research plant. With no knowledge of the past events, Paul must uncover the truth. His only items, a scrap piece of paper with the words 'Demon Sun' scribbled on it. What is it?, and why was he given it?

Reviews

"The different gun is also an improvement, but I shot damn near all my rounds at the first or second scare...It dropped from nowhere! Great work man."-DarkFact

"Overall : 4/5 This is the scariest FPSC game i have ever played in my lifetime!"-nakidno

"Awesome it don't feels like an fpsc game. It feels like a professional game that have been I development like three years! It's freaking awesome!"-Seerzack

Background

While watching a horror film one night, I thought 'Why not gather all of the director's horror tips and designs, and create a FPS game". So, with this idea in mind, I purchased over 10 horror DVD's off ebay, and began to create checklists of what techniques the director used to scare it's audience. But this wasn't enough, I needed further test material.
Next, I dug out all my old horror games from the PS1, PC etc, and began to play them. After many hours of playing and writing, I had composed a list of level design techniques, atmosphere creation tips, and pointers on sound placement.
Finally, I made contact with some mates who had first hand experience of level design and game creation (in C++..etc). They then gave me their advice, which I then added to my ever growing list.
Now that I had all the information I needed, it was time to start creating. After MANY re-designs of levels, and many texture alterations, I finally had the base for what I like to call..... DemonSun.

DOWNLOAD

(A small amount of users might encounter problems relating to Phoenix Game protection. If so, Please email the the creator of PGP 'DarkFact' at david.n.goodman@gmail.com)

-Keith

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2008 03:26 Edited at: 10th Nov 2013 04:31
Froggy Shootout

Developer: Dennis Boruso

Story

Froggy Shoot Out is a Western first person shooter featuring cartoon frogs. Deadly outlaw frogs have taken over the town and it is your job to rid the town of these crazy creatures. You start outdoors in the town square. There are frogs everywhere and you must kill all of them. Also you must find the key to start your journey through the buildings. You progress through each building level staring with the stables, then the general store, the bank, the saloon, the blacksmith shop, and finally the jail where you battle the insane frog sheriff.

The demo version, available now, is limited to the first two levels. The final game will have 5 more levels and more advanced game-play. Froggy Shoot Out is planned to be released in December 2008.

DOWNLOAD

Website

-Keith

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2008 16:12 Edited at: 28th Sep 2011 05:01
Emergence: Infiltration

Developer: Gunn3r Games

Story

You are an elite operative sent by the Malyrium government to infiltrate the stronghold
of the leading weapons contractor to the government, Paycore. In the face of an
all-out invasion of Malyrium, Paycore reveals to the government that they are the
ones financing and equipping the invading Asur insurgency. Paycore has been counting
on a cover up by the Malyrium govt. to maintain an executive reputation and remain
controlling the invasion without risking a full fledged investigation. As Paycore
plays a deadly game of political blackmail, you have been deployed with utmost confidentiality.

You are to disable Paycore's production and shipping of weapons and stop the
corporate enterprise by any means necessary.

DOWNLOAD

-Keith

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2008 17:41 Edited at: 6th Oct 2011 06:53
Fall of the Fireflies

Developer: Butterfingers

Story

FOTF is set in a conflict hotspot in North Korea.
Despite claims to the contrary, North Korea develops it's own Nuclear weapons program. Although the world knows that they possess WMDs, they have not declared it, and politically it's easier to just ignore the fact. This leaves the door open for mercenary factions to attempt to steal the WMDs. You play a member of Iron Hammer a Russian paramilitary group, involved in numerous global conflicts, you objective being to steal as much information and hardware from under the NK noses, and sell it to the highest bidder.

The demo level is set in a monastery (kinda), you are attempting to open the doors to a subterranean tunnel. The tunnel connects the monastery to a sewer that will lead you to the first Nuke factory.

Background

The FOTF demo was released late last year (2006), and at the time broke some barriers in FPSC. This is the demo that led me to make and release LYTEFX, simply from the crit the lighting received. My first full project, FOTF was a way to focus my FPSC level building towards something specific, rather than simply churning out media. Although the demo only features 1 level, the game actually got as far as 1 and 1/2 chapters before it was canned!

Playing it now, I can see that the texture work and modeling haven't aged well, but I still think that it's an FPSC classic. Almost all the media is custom, from the wall textures and lights to the characters and weapons. Sure they're not fantastic, but there is a consistent style to the media. I realize there is probably better stuff out there, but this demo had an unprecedented number of downloads, and featured in FPSfree's game of the month!

Credits:

-Some character rigs by Disturbing13.
-Additional modeling by Higgins.
-All other creativeness by Butters (me).

DOWNLOAD

-Keith

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2008 17:42 Edited at: 6th Oct 2011 06:54
Umbra

Developer: Butterfingers

Story

Umbra is a journey into a bizzare dream. You must drift through the odd nightmare that is Umbra, listen to sounds, look for clues and work your way through this confusing, repeating nightmare.

Reviews

"Umbra grabs that demented, stinking, cabbage you call a brain and won't let go. It's a wonderfully twisted adventure into your mind. A delight to play. I give it 5 thumbs up!" -Xplosys, www.FPSfree.com

"Artistic, unsettling, and aurally outstanding. Like playing a David Lynch dream sequence. But without the dwarf speaking in reverse." -GPSCreations

Background

Made over the summer of 2006, Umbra was designed to show what FPSC could do, without guns and zombies. Having carved a basic level layout, we then went about assigning different areas to different sensory perceptions. Sound played an important role throughout, and myself and Ali Wrigley worked to create montages of sound through which snippets of clues could be heard.

Although most of the texture work on the walls and floors is orignal, models and entities were generally kept generic, as this was intended as a free title from the start, and dev was focussed on design and gameplay, as opposed to the most original media.

Notes:
With hindsight, there are a few areas of imperfection. As failure will mean playing the whole dream again, I'ma gonna help y'out.
1) In the corridoor after the childhood furniature jumping bit, there is a wall that you must walk through (a sound is supposed to hint that the wall is not solid, but I think it bugged out)
2) If you die holding a weapon - SCROLL!! You should still have it.
3) Yes I know the dark bits are hard. But I grew up playing Sega Megadrives, and those games killed you just for starting a level, so I'm into hard.

In the interest of public responsibility: Umbra contains some sexual and graphic content unsuitable for younger or easily offended audiences. So don't come crying to us when you can't sleep, or trying to sue us when your child starts throwing scissors at people.

DOWNLOAD

-Keith

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2009 07:46 Edited at: 6th Oct 2011 07:04
The Warehouse

Developer: Puppy of Kosh

Story

Your name is Eric Springfield. You had a relatively normal life until one day you saw tanks rolling down towards the hospital. Soldiers got out, went inside the hospital, and ten minutes later, came out. They began firing the hospital with the tank, destroying it and killing everyone in it. Inside the hospital were victims of a disease that several people got who worked in a nearby weapons testing facility. Nobody lived long enough to see the effects of the disease, however people all around started mutating, and becoming violent savage creatures. Soon the “disease” spread throughout the world. The government took everything, money, even food. They sent out the military to end the epidemic. Not long after it started, those in the military began firing on civilians, they didn’t care, all they wanted was to end the epidemic.

You are in a warehouse trying to survive. Make your way to the nuclear power plant nearby, and activate it. As soon as you do, it will detonate, the explosion will kill all of the zombies nearby.

DOWNLOAD

Contact: puppyofkosh[at]yahoo.com (link made "unclickable" at the request of Developer)

-Keith

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 15:14 Edited at: 6th Oct 2011 07:04
Automatic Update

Developer: Wehtam

Story

In 1989, Glen Hamilton handed his legacy of an automated workforce to his son, Maximilian.
The company was called Automatic Update, a secretive technological firm dedicated to the development and manufacture of an artificial army.
The robotic laborer was born. A pawn in the hand man.

Despite Maximilian’s genius, he could not escape the prison of Motor neuron disease.
As his condition progressed, Maximilian created an interface which could establish a Neural link between his mind and that of the primary network.
Divinity Net was born

Maximilian’s faith in Divinity grew as his body became less controllable, he adored this platform that required no physical interaction yet provided so much control.

Before Maximilian’s disappearance in 2004, he was recorded spending most days in Divinity Net working on a project he referred to as “A life beyond”, in his own words “This invention will provide a true neural simulation controlled by the client”

The year is 2004. Today at 13:00 Maximilian disappeared.
The automated workers have malfunctioned.

Background

I started piecing a level together after moving house before my internet was connected, With my backups still in cardboard boxes I started combining elements of stock media together until it reached a stage that I thought was worth pursuing.
I made a few alterations to fit with a story I had sketched out, I continued from that point on the newly named Automatic Update project.

Download

-Keith

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2009 18:52 Edited at: 6th Oct 2011 07:05
Pioneering

Developer: Chidem

Story

In the mid-1770s, as war broke out between Great Britain and thirteen of its American colonies, settlers of European descent began to surge beyond the Appalachian Mountains, the previous limit of Anglo-American settlement in North America. Settling upon lands which the King of Britain had previously reserved for the Indians in 1763, the settlers helped to spark an Indian War on the frontier which came to dominate life in that region. Enraged by this invasion of their lands, many of the Indian tribes residing in the Ohio Valley allied themselves with the British in order to repel the region of the settlers who moved into the region. Tribes such as the Shawnee, Miami, Wyandot, Cherokee, and Delaware fought a long, protracted campaign against this wave of settlers, fighting as much for their own independence as anything else. For their part, the settlers were also fighting for their freedom – freedom from renting lands and dependence upon others, and in many cases, freedom from the British Crown.

Pioneering is an RPG set during the American Revolution, in the chaotic world of the early frontier. Players control a settler who has recently arrived on the frontier who must attempt to prosper by achieving a number of life goals - these can be gained by purchasing property, marrying, or completing certain missions. There are three ways to win this game - gain seven life goals, horde a large enough amount of cash, or gain a high enough conscience level.

Cash is earned mainly by hunting wild hogs found in the wilderness but it is also rewarded after certain missions. Cash is used not only to buy properties, but also ammunition - ammunition can only rarely be picked up for free to manage your resources carefully. Cash can also be earned from the rental income of some properties. Once rent is collected (from within a property) it will eventually regenerate giving you a continuous supply of money.

Conscience is lost every time you kill a person - it can be gained by searching for the various "Public Notice" signs located throughout the map - each of these also contain historical facts or quotes from or about actual frontier settlers. A high conscience level is necessary to marry.

Background

As a historian and an avid gamer, the idea of telling an episode in history (albeit in a simplified form) using computer games as a medium has always fascinated me. I remember the first time I sat down to pay Sid Meier’s Colonization – I was in my early teens and was elated to find a thick instruction manual in the box that acted more a simplified history than instructions on how to play the actual game. This wasn’t simply an empty, vapid experience, nor either was it entirely hinged upon the complete escapism inherent in most fantasy and science fiction games. Although it seems silly now, at the time it felt as if I was playing something more important than a game – those three floppy disks didn’t represent a turn based strategy game, but a very real way for me to interact with something that happened in the past. Every time I turned on my PC to play, it was as if I was reaching back and in some way connecting with the past in a way I had never been able to do before. When I did eventually grow up and actually became a historian, those memories never really left me and I’ve always toyed with the idea of trying to create something that allows people to learn just a little bit about history.

DOWNLOAD

-Keith

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2009 18:23 Edited at: 6th Oct 2011 07:05
Canalyst

Developer: Sector 49 Studios

Story

You play Sergej, who was brought to Moscow's canalization in year 2034, when an horrible atomic war started. His parents wanted to go quickly to their flat, but died on their way. Sergej waited until he was an adult and he wanted to get out of the stinky, dark canalization. He was told about some rare artifacts, which you can find only in highly radioactive zones. But he wasn't interested in artifacts. He was interested in, why the war began and what has happened to his parents.
He said: "I'm sure, out there, I will find, what I'm searching", got his bag and gone, to make his way out of the endless gangways and tunnels of Moscow's canalization
Background

My motivation was, that I really wanted to make a game with atomic wars, because I'm a real fan of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.. It really fascinated me. On the other side I worked with the FPS Creator since 2006 and I never got something finished. Now the time came, where I said "You can do that!" and I will finish my first serious project.

Reviews

Bambenek (German FPS Creator forum):
"I've loaded this.. It's wicked.. good work!"

MusiX (German FPS Creator forum):
"I think, the demo is superb! You don't see much, but that makes it even more exciting."

DOWNLOAD (English)

DOWNLOAD (German)

DOWNLOAD - Mirror

-Keith

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2009 18:38 Edited at: 6th Oct 2011 07:06
Red Shift (demo)

Developer:Blazor X

Story:
In the year 2034, 3/4 of the world has since been flooded due to Polar ice caps melting/Global warming. The story takes place in Urumqi, Xinjiang China. Where technology has adapted to its prior surroundings from the limited suitable areas for foundation construction and the loss of common materials.

Earth is controlled by the I.G.L.F. (International Government Law Force). The I.G.L.F. work close with the Quinto Corp, a company that carries out research and expeditions to distance regions, trying to discover new areas for future settlements. Time will tell how close......

You play the role of Kenji, Head of security for Quinto Corp. What soon turns from a normal day for Kenji, turns into something not quite what he was expecting.....

Background:
Demo has been taken from the start of the official Red Shift game.
The demo ends after Kenji makes his way outside, receiving a message about a HardDrive for collection in Lab at sector 4.

Official Website:
www.blazorx.com

blazorx [at] hotmail.com

DOWNLOAD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Protection by:
Vishnu
Msn needs to be disabled before running, vishnu supports up to 1024x768 - Game was tested at 1920x1080 and ran fine.
To Exit: Exit button option available after exiting main menu, If unavailable press F12 to exit.
Menu options may be to the left of larger resolutions higher than 1024x768.

Recommended System Specs:
AMD/INTEL Dual Core or higher, 512MB DDR2 GPX Card or higher, 2GB RAM or higher, Vista/Windows7 OS, 1024x768 Resolution / Higher Resolution may not be fully supported, Direct X10.
*Suggested to run dynamic lights ON, Shaders OFF. however the option is there. Demo/game is intended for higher end systems, and uses a unique loading feature.

Minium Specs / Not recommend: Demo may not preform as intended
Duo core 1Gb.
Game tested on a single core. Fresh system restart and all running programs disabled except virus protection.
Single Core 2.4Ghz or higher, 512MB DDR GPX Card or higher, 1GB RAM or higher, Direct x9.0c/latest update.

Special Thanks to / In no order:
Neils, Finn, Acid, Lazerus, Reita, K Rio, Rambo, Red Eye.
Additional thanks can be found via credits in main folder.

-Keith

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2009 18:37 Edited at: 28th Sep 2011 05:06
Eldora: The Golden Land

Developer: Rolfy

Story

You play as Owen Derron,raised by a friendly woodcutter from childhood after your parents were killed by soldiers of the evil Lord Marek.
Swearing revenge for this dark deed you joined the Order of Lewanna a secret agency in the service of the Queen Isibus ruler of Eldora,sworn to protect the realm from the dark forces which constantly harries and attacks the borders of the Land.
Lord Marek has abducted the Queen's youngest cousin, the Lady Kylia,for his evil purpose to destroy the Land once and for all.As he masses his forces and darker beings for the final onslaught he needs the Wakanda (inner magical power) he can only acquire this by performing the ritual of Than during which he will slay Kylia.
Your mission,if you accept it, will be to collect the seven key's of Taru,hidden and guarded by dark creatures,which will gain entrance to Marek's tower,slay the Dark Lord and free the maiden.

Background

Eldora is a project inspired by the many users on the FPSC forums who have the ability to think outside of the box and not be put off by the limitations of the engine. To many this game may appear to be eye candy, but it is so much more than that, art is my profession it is what I do best and so yes it is very visual, but it is also very innovative due to the fact that I had assistance or gleaned info from some of the posts found on these boards.
Very early on in the development of this game I teamed up with s4real and with his skill and knowledge was able to achieve many of the things that make this game more than just a nice looking package.
My good friend Alan Craig gave permission for his operatic music score to be used in the game and this tied the whole thing together.
It should never be the intention when creating a game to have the player stop and think 'how was that done' but in this case it was developed for the users of FPSC to inspire and provoke interest, it was never intended to be a commercial game.
Its not perfect and much of the stuff under the hood is not immediately apparent it was also made when mods and such were not so available, it is pure vanilla FPSC made with hard work and a lot of research but mostly a love of creating something that little bit different.

DOWNLOAD

Credits

Music:
'The Nicht's the Nicht'; written by Alan Craig
Performed By City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra
www.thenicht.com

s4real: Animated menu and Additional scripting:

Butterfingers: Visual damage system

Davy B: Changing skybox

BenjaminA: Spider script

Uman: Load/unload entities

Habatar: Health heads system

Additional sounds:
- Nickydude
- Spider Soundset

...and last but not least thanks to all the good folk on the forums without whom this game demo would not have been possible.

Packaged with Vishnu.

-Keith

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 08:11:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 08:11:00