Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Model pack 10 issue?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
I made a little test yesterday, it involved a simple corridor, with a flame sprite from the sprite pack on a pillar. The walls of the corridor were segments from the dark egypt pack, I used the wall editing mode to make the walls higher and put a few guns in the corridor from the modle pack 10, one of which was hand grenades, I turned all the options up and ran it, it worked great! then I tried an end build and to my suprise the higher walls were not textured? why so?
Also the hand model that throws the grenade was gone! it was as if the grenade was being carried in thin air! why?

I do not think this is a model or 3D CARD issue, or memory as all worked prior to build on top settings. Is this the game engine?
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 20th Aug 2007 18:33
Check out this thread.. It could have something to do with it, at least the weapons part. No sure though.

Best..

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

SBOVIS
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks,
I have downloaded the 107 unannouced upgrade and will try again tonight and let you all know.

Very strange that some models work in pack 10 and some are partially seen. The same goes for textures.

I really think this engine should be further tested with all packs available, with pre-tests and builds seeing as the packs are being bought and the software too.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 20th Aug 2007 18:52
Quote: "I really think this engine should be further tested with all packs available, with pre-tests and builds seeing as the packs are being bought and the software too. "

While I agree that would be nice, I think there is something to be said for doing business with a small company this way. The software is not extensively tested, but we're not paying for that either. We sometimes have to test and report back ourselves, but we have a small part in development and direction.

Much of the add-on media for FPSC is made by forum members, and not necessarily the TGC team. There will be quirks from time to time, but I kind of like the community fell of the way it is now, and I think it works well.

That's just me though, and others would like a more sterile and professional atmosphere. Of course, that always cost more.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2007 18:53
tested? testing? what's that?

SBOVIS
Years of Service
User Offline
I understand what you are saying xplosys and as a game developer myself (not fpsc yet) I know that all commercial software will not be 101% stable. But considering the TGC has taken over 3 years to develope this software some basic tools of the editor still have bugs let alone the really deep ones that people are finding as they create.

It seems to me that FPSX10 seems to be taking priority, and getting that to a release date rather than supporting the already released X9 version and users. It does not make you want to rush out and tell all to buy it.........does it?

Also and really for another forum discussion, but wanted you to know, if you read the latest PC FORMAT magazine you will see what they say about VISTA and DirectX10, I would agree with them too after seeing lots of X10 demos.

X10 is a way of selling Vista and 3D card manufacturers and MICROSOFT are in on it together. X10 is nothing more than eye candy that they all want you to invest in, to run it properly you need to invest in better processors, cards and memory and for what? not better gameplay, not better games, not better sound, just better visuals.

Keep to X9 Version TGC and make it THE best 3D FPS game creation engine ever!! - Right got that off my chest. thanks for listening!!!
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
SBOVIS ,

1.07 will fix the missing texture issue with weapons.

There is a readme in every weapon directory in gamecore that specifies that you need to manually copy extra textures for the hands and some accessory parts to your build game directories. This is nothing new and has been an issue since model pack 5. However, it should now be a thing of the past with the new update.
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 25th Aug 2007 12:04
where is 1.07?

Robert F

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 23:16:36
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 23:16:36