Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPS creator + Darkbasic pro, ¿Posibilities?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi

I own FPS creator and Darkbasic pro, what can I do using both?

I hear somewhere the FPS creator source code can be modified with darkbasic pro, I wanna know how I can do this, and what I need to make a MOD.

Also I wanna know if games built in FPS creator can be modified in Darkbasic as well, and how.

Thank you in advance!

Intel Pentium core 2 duo T6600 2,6 mhz 4mb, 4 gb ram 600 mhz ddr2, ATI X1650 radeon
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2007 03:39
You can do almost anything using both.

You would need to have a good knowledge of DBP before attempting to modify the FPSC source.

Check one of the newsletters. I think it's Newsletter 37.

Endless Fps Team
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2007 05:10
Yeah go to the main page of the fpscreator website and look for the downloads and look through all them...

Endless Fps Team
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2007 08:41
I don't know if you can modify them in DBpro. Although I suppose it would be harder because you can't actually see the level rendered in front of you

[center]
The Join Button. Click it. You know you want to.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2007 14:56
The engine is what is in DBP. So your editing things that take effect during a test level for final build. You can do some very, very extensive things with the source, before we got the upgrades I added in a correct reload for shotguns (an extra gunspec parameter that loops the reload until the gun is full), disabled reloading when the gun is full (needed for the shotgun addon), and made particle based explosions Never really showed off the last one though, cause they had lots of issues and crashed alot...FPSC doesn't really have a clean way of managing objects.

Vote today and play the games!
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2007 18:43
Quote: "The engine is what is in DBP. So your editing things that take effect during a test level for final build. You can do some very, very extensive things with the source, before we got the upgrades I added in a correct reload for shotguns (an extra gunspec parameter that loops the reload until the gun is full), disabled reloading when the gun is full (needed for the shotgun addon), and made particle based explosions"

The source is too messy for me to look at. Then again, I haven't looked at it in a while...

Sopo the tocho
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you all!

I gonna get my hands dirty with this soon as I can

Intel Pentium core 2 duo T6600 2,6 mhz 4mb, 4 gb ram 600 mhz ddr2, ATI X1650 radeon

http://www.freewebs.com/raycosantana/
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Good luck!

Phoenix Sentry Representative
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2007 04:26
Quote: "The source is too messy for me to look at. Then again, I haven't looked at it in a while...
"

I've used DBP for years and it is nearly the same here. I can do somethings but it is very difficult to navigate. I hope for Lee's sake that his personal copy is divided into seperate files...

Vote today and play the games!
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2007 10:50
It is. He said his is divided on an interview in youtube.

[center]
The Join Button. Click it. You know you want to.
Sopo the tocho
Years of Service
User Offline
Anyone had tried to built the source code in Dark GDK?

Sopo the tocho
Years of Service
User Offline
I cant find the source code, it does not appear in FPSC/files.

Quote: "FPS Creator Game Source Code

Here is the latest version of the FPS Creator Game Source Code + all required DLLs to get it compiling. You will need to own DarkBASIC Professional Version 6.2 to compile the code. You will also need the 6.2 Extras archive, which you can download from the same page. Make absolutely sure you have DirectX 9.0c FEB 2006 edition (or later) installed. Upgrade DBPro to 6.2. Then unzip the Extras file into your DBPro folder. This will install various new DLLs including a special version of the Expansion Pack specifically for FPSC. Inside the Projects folder you will find the FPSC Game source code."

http://www.fpscreator.com/downloads.html

I had find the stuff I need to use the source code in DBpro but I cant find the source code it self, there is no download link there just a link to download the upgrade and the extras.

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
If you get the update to DB Pro, plus the free extras, the source code should be in there...

Phoenix Sentry Representative
Sopo the tocho
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "If you get the update to DB Pro, plus the free extras, the source code should be in there...
"

Oh! inside? ok, thanks, I didn't install it yet, I expected to download the source code apart from the upgrade

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 23:14:47
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 23:14:47