Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2007 06:45
do you need a special ( ageia) gfx card to run dark physics or not ( geforce 7900 gs pci-e) if so then i take it you can only write software for those types of cards....
just wouldnt mind sothing that takes a lot of work out of coding letting me get on with creating

the programmer formarly known as thicko.
Lucy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2007 11:51
No, you don't. My PhysX card only works on my low end system (my high end system likes to claim it doesn't work). But I only have DBPro on my high end system.

The only thing you can't do without a PhysX card is the liquid stuff. But collisions, gravity, vehicles, cloth, cloth tearing, snow, fire, particle colliding and billowing all work without the card.

Nothing I say is intended to be rude. My autism means that I do not know what is rude and what isn't rude. I apologize if I seem rude. It is not my intention.
tpfkat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2007 17:54
thanks for that.
one more question..how easy is it to implement and is it better than ngc.

Lucy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2007 04:53
I've found DarkPhysics a LOT easier to impliment. It's basically as simple as running a command to tell the program to start using physx, then you set your models to static or dynamic solid bodies, and then have a physics update in the loop just before sync. Then anything you've set up to be a solid body will automatically collide with eachother and be affected by gravity.

Powersliding on vehicles doesn't seem to be possible (unlike what the ad says). It might be possible but no one's figured it out yet. Though we're hoping the next update (if it happens) will have powersliding being possible (or perhaps just a lot more obvious about how to do it).

Nothing I say is intended to be rude. My autism means that I do not know what is rude and what isn't rude. I apologize if I seem rude. It is not my intention.
tpfkat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2007 11:46
thanks for that.

igitur
Years of Service
User Offline
Do you think that DarkPhysics is worth the money, or would Newton serve me just as well?
Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
Dark Physics is worth the money.

It's far faster than Newton, but I think Newton probably has a bit more flexibility in what you can do. The commands aren't so automatic, so you can use them to get more control, however this makes it alot harder to program. Dark Physics can be a matter of 5 or 6 lines of code to do something you want while Newton maybe be closer to 40 or so (just an example, don't quote me on that).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-08 00:57:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-08 00:57:22