Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / No question, just a statement

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2007 11:31
Getting real tired of waiting around for this x10. About to be over and out and enroute to another engine.

Straight outta compton
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2007 12:37
okey
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2007 12:54
Uhm...You do know that making a game engine takes longer then a few days do you?FPSC X10 is made in DBPX10,so they need to make DBPX10 first,and then make FPSCX10 in it...

Have some patience,the world didnt switch to X10 yet.

Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2007 13:52
But he is right with 1 thing though.

I am also "tired" of waiting....

But thats just because i want to make games(levels) out of it
But no i wont heading over to another engine. (this one is the easiest)

So i'll be waiting patiently till x10 comes out.
And make some levels with the current version.
tpfkat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2007 14:22
im happy to wait.....with all the frustrating bugs that were with fpsc in the early days...id rather wait for it to be right.
im also messing with a6 and 3drad but i dont know if i like them too much

the programmer formarly known as thicko.
TheDude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2007 22:38 Edited at: 24th Aug 2007 22:39
Quote: "Uhm...You do know that making a game engine takes longer then a few days do you?FPSC X10 is made in DBPX10,so they need to make DBPX10 first,and then make FPSCX10 in it...

Have some patience,the world didnt switch to X10 yet."

Dude....I've been waiting for about a year now. Also it's not like they're making the whole things from scratch, ohkay. ID didn't make wolfenstein and start over on doom. Doom is an enhanced wolf engine <---example.

In my opinion I think it would be nice to throw out some more news on the fpscreator website, and give something to report.

Straight outta compton
Sopo the tocho
Years of Service
User Offline
Dude, they remade FPSC engine in Dark basic pro X10, that its like make it from scratch...

Intel Pentium core 2 duo T6600 2,6 mhz 4mb, 4 gb ram 600 mhz ddr2, ATI X1650 radeon

http://www.freewebs.com/raycosantana/
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2007 01:05
In my opinion, you need to be more patient. TGC isn't a huge dev-team, and they'll have to develop at least the base for DBP X10 to be able to develop FPSC X10.

I agree however that some news would be nice, other than short reports of how well the engine works. We're all getting a bit hungry, aye lads?
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2007 01:30
See you when you get back...
You all come back.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2007 01:57 Edited at: 25th Aug 2007 02:02
Quote: "ID didn't make wolfenstein and start over on doom"

ID also has a very large team of dedicated programmers with a multi million dollar budget.

Now, just think, on average a cup of coffee can cost around 1 to 3 dollars and enhances the programmers coding abilities for several hours. Sourced from the budget, thats about 1,300,000 cups of coffee consumed by the programming team. Do you REALLY believe that TGC has that much coffee change or for that matter, sufficient toilet facilities to sustain the constant urine flow?!?

^^ its the simple things that people always forget

Sopo the tocho
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "
ID also has a very large team of dedicated programmers with a multi million dollar budget."

Thats now... in that time they were like a couple of guys trying to make a sick and kick ass game for fun

Intel Pentium core 2 duo T6600 2,6 mhz 4mb, 4 gb ram 600 mhz ddr2, ATI X1650 radeon

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2007 02:25
Yeah, and even then it probably took them a lot of time

Trinity Pictures
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2007 02:52
I'm getting the A7 engine (but don't worry, I will still use fpscx10 for my shooter)

Artist/Modellor of Encrypto Studios
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2007 19:38
Making a next generation game maker will take time. Let's see you take a blank programming slate and squeeze physics, AI, advanced optimisation, entity instancing, user interface, an entire gameplay system and a bunch of special effects like frosting and water and make it all available to the masses in less than a year.

Also I agree with the coffee thing.

Bioshock demo's out- Is AWESOME!
TheDude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2007 06:06 Edited at: 27th Aug 2007 06:15
Quote: "ID also has a very large team of dedicated programmers with a multi million dollar budget."

Umm...No. Go on the website right now. They are HIRING for plenty of positions including programmers. They may have millions of dollars, they have a small crew. However, they have sub-companies helping them such as nerve, raven software, etc. As far as they go, they have a small crew, which is why they are so great, AND is the reason why it is soooo hard to become apart of their team. They are quite zealous of who becomes apart of their company. They keep a low profile because of this.

Another reason why they are great is because seeing they have a small dedicated crew, they also put out some of the greatest titles ever.

These debates kind of remind me of when Nintendo 64 and Sony Playstation ( The I ) were competing together.

All the kids at my school were all excited about the Nintendo 64, and only a few were with the PS1, my friends kept telling me that the PS was going to flop. I say, "We'll see about that". Years later everyones got a PS2.

Sega was competing with the Nintendo. My bully was bragging about his Sega Saturn, I was excited about the SNES. My bully taunts me saying "sega is bettter" as if it came from a Browns Chicken Commercial. I say, "We'll see about that". Years later Sega 'kind of' goes out of business after the dreamcast.

Straight outta compton
TheDude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 07:02 Edited at: 28th Aug 2007 07:03
*sigh* I hate being teased with all the x10 videos.

Straight outta compton
Greek freak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 08:02
Quote: "Dude....I've been waiting for about a year now"
Seriously now you think one year was too much? I had to wait for 5 years for the second episode of Kingdom hearts( a game for PS2) and 3-4 years more I have to wait now for Kingdom hearts 3 and you say that 1 year is a long time? I think you should rethink about it pal. What would the fans of starcraft say to you who had to wait for 10 years for the second installment of the game huh?

The problem is not if there isn't after-death-life. The problem is if there is no life in life!
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 10:17
@Greek freak
Indeed! I want Kingdom Hearts 3 now too!

@TheDude
Use FPSC, and be patient.

Quote: "Let's see you take a blank programming slate and squeeze physics, AI, advanced optimisation, entity instancing, user interface, an entire gameplay system and a bunch of special effects like frosting and water and make it all available to the masses in less than a year."

In all fairness, there's already a bunch a bunch of plugin's for DBP, such as DarkPhysics, and DarkAI... As long as they don't break support for those, then it's not really a blank slate, eh?

Cheers,

-naota

DBP, $80. DBP's plugins, $320. Watching DBP Crash, Priceless.
NG Website Aex.Uni forums
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2007 01:57
Quote: "In all fairness, there's already a bunch a bunch of plugin's for DBP, such as DarkPhysics, and DarkAI..."

OK, 10 months.

Join the pus in boots fan club for Ā£39.99 a month and get a free T-shirt!!!
Sopo the tocho
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Seriously now you think one year was too much? I had to wait for 5 years for the second episode of Kingdom hearts( a game for PS2) and 3-4 years more I have to wait now for Kingdom hearts 3 and you say that 1 year is a long time? I think you should rethink about it pal. What would the fans of starcraft say to you who had to wait for 10 years for the second installment of the game huh?"

How about "Duke nuken Forever"? the first engine they try for Duke nuken forever was quake 1 o 2 I don't remember, but people had been waiting for 13 or 15 years

in 3D realmsĀ“s words (developer of the game)
The release date of this game is "When it's done"

And yes, we know the game has taken a long time. There's no possible joke you could make about the game's development time that we haven't already heard.

TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2007 22:57
Quote: "The release date of this game is "When it's done" "

Too right. I can't understand why people are so impatient. What you have got now is an exceptional peice of Game Dev kit, and anything over and above that should be considered frills. Never mind shiny graphics and good AI and ragdoll physics and bloom lighting and refraction and reflection and all out wars and...
...Ah heck. I want X10 now as well

[center]
The all new EG Interactive Forums.
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2007 00:22
Yeah but we gotta wait, the longer we wait the better it gets!
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
Greek freak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2007 19:29
Unless you guys want to have it now and start complaining after a few days that there are hundreds of bugs. Belive me the more you wait the more better the experinece it will be when it comes out.
----------------------------------

The problem is not if there isn't after-death-life. The problem is if there is no life in life!
Xarshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2007 19:33
Ok,I've said this before,and I'll say it again. FPSC x10 is NOT made in dbp x10. It is made in c++ with the dx10 sdk. Heres your proof:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=100154&b=22

And for those of you to lazy to look,heres the direct quote from Mike Johnson:

Quote: "The code for FPS X10 is written using C++ and the DirectX 10 SDK."

Hello
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2007 19:46
That makes sense. Lee cannot write the code for some software that hasn't been released yet, or even on the BETA either.

[center]
The all new EG Interactive Forums.
Fruitless CRUNK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2007 04:51
Quote: "Lee cannot write the code for some software that hasn't been released yet, or even on the BETA either"
Is it just me or dose Lee do all the programing??

If anyone has Xbox live please add me to you're frinds list.
My tag is FruitlessCRUNK, but tell me who you are through a message.
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2007 05:50
no he just gets all the credit

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
Greek freak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2007 11:16 Edited at: 4th Sep 2007 11:17
Quote: "Ok,I've said this before,and I'll say it again. FPSC x10 is NOT made in dbp x10. It is made in c++ with the dx10 sdk"

who said it is?

-oops sorry my mistake

Xarshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2007 22:09
Greek freak - lol,I assume you either were wondering what proof I had of that or who said it was made in dbp x10. Either way,proof is given

Hello
Sopo the tocho
Years of Service
User Offline
Previously In other thread...

"Lee has answered back, he will be releasing a source code update for FPSC right after christmas, he will also be releasing the source code for x-10 as well at about the same period."

Then Lee will give us a C++ source code? what gonna do us with that?

Intel Pentium core 2 duo T6600 2,6 mhz 4mb, 4 gb ram 600 mhz ddr2

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 11:58:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 11:58:33