Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Can Dark Physics-Enabled Objects Interact With a Matrix?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 00:15
Hello all, I'm just starting to fool with DarkPhysics and was wondering if I could use a matrix as my terrain and still have physics with it. If it's not possible, I've seen somewhere a code snippet which converts a matrix to an object, if anyone has that function, or has a way to use a matrix with darkphysics, please post.

Thanks in advance,
Jim
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 01:51
No but you could just raycast. I don't see how a matrix is better than a terrain though.

Twisted Steel Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 02:40
vorconan: "I don't like Advanced Terrain because you can't tile the texture on it. It's just a big, screwed up pixelated mass with a single detail texture on it. Detail textures for grass are totally inappropriate for dirt and vice versa." A friend of mine said that, and I agree with her fully. Not just that, but a deformable ground would be nice... oh well, I'll use a terrain for now. Thanks.
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2007 20:17
Yeah I suppose, I have had to use seperate terrains together for my worlds.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-08 00:51:35
Your offset time is: 2024-09-08 00:51:35