Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] FPS Creator game on 360

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey I heard that Microsoft has made it possible for independent developers to make games for the xbox 360 using the XNA kit thing. I was wondering if anyone knows if its possible to make a game in FPS Creator then get it in the format for the xbox 360?
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 01:29
I'm gonna make a wild guess here. and I'm saying...no

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 01:41
I'm gonna make another wild guess that someone will come along and say it is possible.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 01:43
Theres a whole bunch of issues that prevent this from happening.

Even if it was made possible, at this point in time you need a developers license from Microsoft to actually port anything over from your PC that will actually run on the 360. I think it's a key for digitally signing the disk or something.

Also anyone that you distribute it to needs to have a developers licence in order to play it. It's not a case of just burning something to DVD and being able to fire it up on any 360 you can find.

XNA sounds good for some developers but it's still too controlled for me at the moment. Not like the good old days of homebrew development for the Sega Dreamcast.

Once their policy changes on how homebrew developed 360 software can be distributed it would be worth considering. It's just a club members only thing at the moment.
butyouman
Years of Service
User Offline
You can do this but you have to hack you x box 360 which will automaticly cancel you warrenty because you have to take appart you x box and plant a chip.Sooo you can do it but is u mess up prepair to buy another x box and you can find the chips on the internet my friend danny had 1 for his ps2 and he was downloading game and buring em to disk and playing em its kinda cool but you will be spending about 50 to 100 dollars on a chip and it take alota work to installed i think if im corrent a few websties
will intall the chip for you for an additional 10 dollars when you have the chip installed it turn you x box basicly into a computer that can play x box games and it supports all file types good luck if you doing it i suggest not to unless u know a master chip intaller or what ever well any way have fun.

Butyouman

Slipknot Rules
Sopo the tocho
Years of Service
User Offline
If you pirate your Xbox 360 Microsoft will cancel your Xbox´s internet account, they will erase all your scores and stuff like that and maybe you dont will be able to connect your Xbox to play online more. Not a joke they had did that before...

Intel Pentium core 2 duo T6600 2,6 mhz 4mb, 4 gb ram 600 mhz ddr2, ATI X1650 radeon

http://www.freewebs.com/raycosantana/
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 03:41
Another console thread ughh! I already gave a very educated answer to the last thread like this. Why don't people leave the consoles alone?

I think that most newcomers do actually search for problems like this though, they just like to annoy us.

butyouman
Years of Service
User Offline
I dont think they do that i think their planing to make the next halo 3 make a few million copies and sell it and make tones of money and the funny part it they expect to do it in a few weeks lol

Slipknot Rules
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 06:35
@ butyouman:

No idea what you are rambling about. Ever.

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 08:36
@Inspire_ LOL, I totally feel ya on that one!

@Nomad Soul- I'd settle for getting FPSC on a dreamcast (blows dust off dreamcast) If you have any knowlage on how to do it let me know.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 09:10
A game creation package like FPSC is certainly possible on the 360, like if TGC made a version for the 360, they could have Live enabled deathmatches and stuff like that. That would be great, it'd sell like hot cakes as well, but it unlikely to happen unfortunately.

But there's no real way to convert your FPSC game to work on the 360, and probably never will be. Someone would have to literally re-code the whole engine for the 360, it could use the same media and maps, but the actual engine executable is nothing like what the 360 uses.

We're going down... in a spiral to the ground...
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
@vorconan: Your post had a profound effect on this thread and changed its course entirely. I'm sure that gdr and others now know the error of their ways. Good work!

I don't own a 360, but if I could make games for it I would buy one.

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. http://gamedesigntech.byethost7.com/

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 23:17:24
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 23:17:24