Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Non transparent characters with shaders on???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 05:54
Can anyone tell me if it is possible or what do I have to do to get non transparent characters with the shaders on??

thanks G.
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 11:15
Read the manual...
Search maybe...

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 11:26
If you have Transparent ones with Shaders on,your computer isnt good enough to handle the shaders,therefor hiding or messing with the shaded objects.

tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 12:24
Quote: "If you have Transparent ones with Shaders on,your computer isnt good enough to handle the shaders,therefor hiding or messing with the shaded objects."

Probably not the case.
Delete the charachters .DBO and .BIN file, and then replay, it should work.

TATBS 1.8 is now fully functional. Brilodis is having its districts extracted to Battle City. Krina and Karin are twice the size. And you’ll see 5 times as many breeds of monsters... It’s Kalspher V3.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 12:56
If i try the shaders on my Nvidia 5200 they dissapear,when i try them on a Nvidia 6185 or higher card they work.

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't understand the attraction to shaders. I have seen people post screenies, that show the difference between shaders and no shaders. I can never see the where it makes any difference at all. Both images look the same to me usually.

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. http://gamedesigntech.byethost7.com/
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 16:28
I have tried putting shaders on characters...but

Yeah it doesnt look that great.

It only highlights certain areas of the character.
And also tried to let the character follow a waypoint
that goes around the light.(used different lights)
But it is like the shader is burned into the texture.

So not like shaders that actually reflects the light like it does on weapons.
GOPHER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2007 16:08
hi thanks for all the advice but i fixed the problem by running the latest beta upgrade. seems to have fixed the problem.

Im playing around with trying to make a crome character T2 style, seems to be working pretty well.

thanx again G.

also I did alot of reading of the manual and through the forums before i posted. and I'm running a HP XW8200 (dual 3.4xeon) so i think my computer can handle it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 23:20:57
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 23:20:57