Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / What i should do....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
heya i own fpsc and i really want to make a mmo and have only found 1 program that looks to be kinda like fpsc but can be used to make a mmo rpg that program is toruqe game engine. if you have any idea on what i should use to make a mmorpg plz post here
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 17:59
Read carefully; FPS CREATOR. Not MMOFPS or MMORPG or RPG or anything-mabob creator. FPS Creator is specifically made for, you guessed it, FPS-games. The multiplayer feature was more of a nifty extra included, and will not meet the requirements for making an MMO-game.
Sevey
Years of Service
User Offline
i understand that but dose any1 no any programs like fpsc but for mmos
AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2007 19:02 Edited at: 28th Aug 2007 19:06
There is a Program called Realm Crafter, that lets you make mmorpgs. Its almost like FPS Creator only a little harder. No coding required, but lots of scripting. Bad thing about it is first of all it cost $100(about 73 euros I think). And if you add to much to the game, its gonna lag. Its also hard to understand. And also you gotta find a host for the game server(around $50 a month I believe, I could be wrong). You can just use your computer, but like only 30 people can play and the same time before it really lags a lot, and possibly freezes. And you would have to leave your computer on 24/7.

But if you happen to make a great looking game, and make sure it can have a lot of people on, you can buy an extra peice of software, where you could charge players per month. That would make a lot of money (5 subscribers at $5 a month = $25 a month profit.) but it would have to be REALLY good.

There are a few 2D MMO makers, use google.

Correct me if I'm wrong on anything.

[b][/b]

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2007 07:11
Um...

MMOs aren't going to happen. Simple as that. I'm sorry, but in my experience, every person who starts game design immediately wants to make an MMO, and, er, it doesn't happen.

Take Alan's advice.

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2007 08:03 Edited at: 29th Aug 2007 08:09
I completely agree with Inspire. It takes a massive amount of work to build and maintain the game and quite honestly noone is going to do it for free either; and usually if do find free help, expect your project to be vaporware in 3 weeks. I hate to be a bummer on this one but it's a sad fact. I think TGC even has a banner at the top that pops up that reads something to the effect of "TGC Forum-The birth and deathplace of every MMORPG dream" or something like that.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 23:15:14
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 23:15:14