Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Frames Per Second

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2007 21:15
This really bugs me, my FPSC only runs at 18fps, so thats incredibly slow, anyway to speed it up? It is really jerky and the time it takes for me to cross a street takes about 10 seconds. Is there anyway to speed up the frames per second without sacrificing any graphic quality?

Im a new user, im young and FPI-dyslexic, i simply dont have the foggiest and cant learn FPI, so copy and paste code snippets please!
Squelchy Tom
Years of Service
User Offline
yes, follow these tips:

-Use less dynamic lights (to be safe dont use any, these are the main culprit for killing framerates)

-Try to not include many outdoor spaces in your levels, fpsc has this thing that loads parts of the map when you get to them, but when your outside you can see everything anyway so it disables this function. E.G indoors its trying to get a penny in a penny slot. Outdoors its trying to get 10 pennies into one penny slot. Thus lowering the framerate

-Dont have more than 3 enemies at once, if you need more make them spawn at trigger zones, so that they enter the game gradually as the charecter progresses.

-Avoid dynamic entites, fpsc constantly has to run checks to see if the entity has moved, if you use static entites it will preform better.

-Keep level sizes to a minimum, fpsc likes small fast loading levels, fpsc hates levels that take hours to load and will in the long run, lag.

-grenades, explosives fudge up the frame rate, thats why they are removed from multiplayer, have a blank room with 3 snipers, write down your frame rate, then change them to 3 grenade throwing nazis, record your framerate, need i say more?

-Try overclocking your graphics card if it has that function. (google search)

-Make sure fpsc is the only program you are running.

Following these tips should up your frame from 18 to around 25+

(one last tip: Press X ingame, it will remove the framerate cap which is 33 -i think- so you can run at a much faster speed if your game is fast.)

~SquelchyTom
Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
AND/OR update to version 1.06 RC4. Not only it fixes many bugs and improves framerates, it also adds many new features.

I was able to have about 12 enemies in a medium-sized, quite open map with many dynamic lights and other objects, framerates staying above 25 about all the time.

Also set the physics OFF of the entities that don't need them. Even objects like doors and windows tend to have them ON, so change them manually.
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Is there anyway to speed up the frames per second without sacrificing any graphic quality?"
upgrade your computeR?

Thanks
Adam
Squelchy Tom
Years of Service
User Offline
we were gunna try to avoid saying that ^....
Thistle Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2007 21:41
Is the new upgrade you get from fpscreator.com 1.06 RC4?

Im a new user, im young and FPI-dyslexic, i simply dont have the foggiest and cant learn FPI, so copy and paste code snippets please!
Squelchy Tom
Years of Service
User Offline
yes
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
lol opps sorry the truth hurts

Thanks
Adam

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 23:15:09