Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Selling a game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2007 05:32
Is selling a game using the stock and model pack media possible? I mean FPSC advertises that after you purchase the full version this is possible but its left kinda untouched. What exactly would you have to include to your game?

Also if you were to copyright the game could you just declare yourself the sole owner or do I need to add something under the co-ownership for the media rights to FPSC. Some people may say its not nessecary to copyright an FPSC game but I paid ALOT of money on the full version and all the model packs.

I have searched for this but it always ends in a very unclear rant about copyright laws haha.

One more thing (I dont feel like posting another thread when this kinda falls under distrobution). How would you go about actaully selling a game. Would it be best to make a serial system and have people receive a generated e-mail with the serial key which would unlock the program? I could probbly do this in VB but I would need more guidance. So if anyone was able to make a password/serial key unlock system for there game PM me. Im open for any other ways people used for selling a full version.

Thank you, Agent Orannnge
Goodman84
Years of Service
User Offline
Ha, Well using stock media is fine you do not have to give any credit to fpcs at all, However about serials I'd recommend Phoenix Sentry, but its up to you. (Free Phoenix Sentry Version would work just as well for you right now but you may want to upgrade later on).

Thats about all I'll say meh! Any more questions?

hey
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2007 09:42 Edited at: 31st Aug 2007 09:44
Quote: "Is selling a game using the stock and model pack media possible? I mean FPSC advertises that after you purchase the full version this is possible but its left kinda untouched. What exactly would you have to include to your game?"

If you read the License Agreement it tells you exactly what you need to know... It gives you the exact wording you need to include in your documentation... Some users think they shouldn't have to include the 2 or so lines which states FPSC was used but I don't think it's really a big deal...

[EDIT]
As for user made model packs they each have their own license files which you need to check... [/EDIT]

[center]
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
As for game protection and serials, I reccomend only the best, Phoenix Game Protection! It features many platforms includeing Tourqe, 3D Game Studio, FPS Creator, DarkBasic Pro, and lots more! You can find a free version at: [href]www.phoenix-sentry.com[/href]

As for the stock media, you are allowed to sell games you made with it, and you don't have to pay a portion or anything. However, you do have to give credit to FPS Creator in your documentation included with your game. It must say somewhere "Made With FPS Creator."

Best of luck selling your game!

Erik

Phoenix Sentry Representative
Squelchy Tom
Years of Service
User Offline
Someone produced a commerecial game using only stock media, and according to the advertised licence, you dont need to include anything about fpsc.
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2007 14:21
Quote: "and according to the advertised licence, you dont need to include anything about fpsc."

From the EULA

"
4. Exploitation of Games
You shall ensure that, in respect of any Game which incorporates any part of the Software and which is created by you or with your permission:
(a) each such game is accompanied by an end-user licence which repeats the terms set out in the first line of section 5.5 below and which also contains the following term:
'This product was made with, and incorporates part of, FPS Creator. All intellectual property rights including copyright in every part of FPS Creator (whether modified or not) are owned and reserved to The Game Creators Limited.'
..."

[center]
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2007 15:48 Edited at: 31st Aug 2007 15:50
you have to give that much credit same as if you were using unreal engine ect

Thanks
Adam
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Thraxas is correct. It states clearly in both the End User License Agreement, AND the FPSCreator Manual that it must be included in the documentation.

Tom

Agent Orannnge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2007 20:40
@Tharaxas I was aware that you had to represent FPSC in your game but I wasn't sure to what extent. I understand now you have to put made with FPS Creator and thier copright but I didn't want to put in a splash screen.

@Crispex Thank you for the reccomendation! I will definatly be checking that out.

I plan on using most custom media for my game but I happen to love some of the stock/pack media.

Thank you, Agent Orannnge

Kounter Act - In progress
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 31st Aug 2007 21:20
why does it matter that much, it you put it in small print nobody even bothers to read it
Goodman84
Years of Service
User Offline
There not going to chase you down if you don't any way. So w/e!

hey
Agent Orannnge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2007 22:23
@Robert F Small print no problem. Even putting them directly in the credits big print, no problem. Splash screen real as a opening screen/video, that would be annoying. I have no problem representing FPS Creator because I think it is an EXCELLENT program! But there is a point. I will include the text but I didn't want to put a huge image on my game.

@Goodman84 Haha. Good point.

Thanks guys for the help! Agent Orannnge

Kounter Act - In progress
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Agent Orannnge, no problem! As a representative for the Phoenix Sentry, it's my job to make sure people know about such a fine product! It's easy to use, and bug free!

Phoenix Sentry Representative
da 1337 gangsta
User Banned
Posted: 31st Aug 2007 23:02
what if you do not have any documentation?
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "what if you do not have any documentation?"

Get ready for tons of emails asking for support. IMHO if you spend the many months it takes to produce a selling game, then why not promote the engine/game making platform that made it possible for you.

The more we promote FPSC the more attention it will receive not only from buyers, but from her developers....thus giving us back an even better product when updated.

~Dave

Phoenix Sentry Programmer
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2007 00:37
Quote: "IMHO if you spend the many months it takes to produce a selling game, then why not promote the engine/game making platform that made it possible for you."

Because marketing costs money.

Also note, the license for fpsc sates you have to include referance to fpsc in all advertising, so all your flyers posters, adds for your game must state it was made in fpsc.

also.

Quote: "'This product was made with, and incorporates part of, FPS Creator. All intellectual property rights including copyright in every part of FPS Creator (whether modified or not) are owned and reserved to The Game Creators Limited.'"

Im sure that is stating, make a game, put all your own original art assets into it, but the IP will not belong to you, gamecreators own your intellectual property.
Im going to post this around a few developer web sites because I want to clear this up.
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2007 04:02
Quote: "Also note, the license for fpsc sates you have to include referance to fpsc in all advertising, so all your flyers posters, adds for your game must state it was made in fpsc."

Please tell me what section in the license this is in as I have been unable to find it.

Quote: "Quote: "'This product was made with, and incorporates part of, FPS Creator. All intellectual property rights including copyright in every part of FPS Creator (whether modified or not) are owned and reserved to The Game Creators Limited.'"

Im sure that is stating, make a game, put all your own original art assets into it, but the IP will not belong to you, gamecreators own your intellectual property."

Well I always interpreted it as the FPSC IP belongs to them even if you edit the source code... I never thought of it as referring to the game you made with the software.

[center]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 23:22:02
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 23:22:02