Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC Game Launcher 0.1

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2007 06:33 Edited at: 1st Sep 2007 10:16
*This is gonna sound like a cheesy sales commercial so get ready *

The FPSC Game Launcher is a program made in Visual Basic 2005 to manage your arena maps. Although this has been done before the FPSC Game Launcher allows your players to update thier game client, enter a feature rich chatroom and select an arena to play from a easy to use menu.

The chatroom is a java based private irc client. You can put up away messages, chat privatly with other players, view all the players currently chatting and much more.

You will need a website for your game to take advantage of all the options. Use googlepages.com or something to that extent.

Here are some screenshots of the FPSC Game Launcher so far.

If you want to test let me know and ill hook you up. *As of now the only way to edit the features is through the source code. So if you want to test you are going to need Visual Basic 2005.*

To do:
User customization
Server List
Finish GUI

Thank you, Agent Orannnge

Kounter Act - In progress
Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2007 12:45
lol, everyone is copying me

Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool program, i'll test it out if you want.

[center]
Gaming Geeza
Years of Service
User Offline
Again this was posted somewhere else, but the reason it's here is becuase "Kounter Act' is moving all over the place, not a problem though. lol

_______

Hi Again,

Sounds great i would love to become one of your testers if you interested.

Also, if your interested, I own a server not to big but then again not to small. However I thought that maybe if your interested i could set you up a small forum website type thing to post your project status and comments on. Becuase i am in the middle of starting up a small game making company of my own called GameWorks. then you could be my first entry into the showcase and projects catagory.

Oh the link to my test forum is http://www.tangle.org.uk/gameworks_forum/

But remember as i said it's still early days yet, but just think about the forum thing.

BTW: It is free of charge, im a kind sort of guy.

The Geeza

GameWorks. Coming Soon...
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Too bad, I have VB 2006 Enterprise.

Phoenix Sentry Representative / Programmer / Moderator / Beta Tester
Agent Orannnge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2007 19:05
Sorry to take your idea Mr Makesalotofsmoke

@Gaming Geeza: I'm on your Game Works forum and it looks very promising. I'm going to post my project and maybe a few other ones that don't pretain to FPSC as much as it does Game Programming.

@Crispex: I'm currently working on making configuration files to edit the program without the need of editing the source code. Once I get that all implemented it shouldn't be a problem but for now its only VB 05 ready.

@Veron: Thank you. I got a couple more bugs then i'll hook you up with a copy and see if you can find any bugs or maybe you can think of something to add.

Goodman84
Years of Service
User Offline
ooh Wow looks great I was working on making my own Mini Chat client but it had no smilies and I ALMOST had it working just didn't work online darn! Stupid IP things. LOOKS GREAT! I have VB 2005 Express DARN!! I need a better one lol.

hey
Styloo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2007 22:44
Do you have a link to buy it ?

StarGate Arena, official site ENG/FRA : http://pacific-interactive.site.voila.fr/
Goodman84
Years of Service
User Offline
If you read it all he said its not done!

hey
Agent Orannnge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2007 11:26
@Goodman84: This would work on VB 2005 Express if you want to test it. I also kinda cheated on the chat part so I can't take 100% credit.

@Styloo: I wasn't considering selling it to begin with. I was most likely going to release this and keep updating the program until I feel it would be worthy to sell. But then again I could just make it free and help indie game developers keep thier money for the important stuff.

Thank you, Agent Orannnge

Gaming Geeza
Years of Service
User Offline
Why Thank You Agent Orannnge!

I am very pleased that you taken my offer of using the forum and have set you as a MOD.
We can talk more about this project there.

See you then

Bye.

GameWorks. Forum Now Sorta Open, MOD's required.
http://www.tangle.org.uk/gameworks_forum/
Endless Fps Team
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2007 12:09
Agent orannnge, can you release this program without any games in it for people who want something like this?

Thanks, Endless.....

Endless Fps Team
Styloo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2007 12:11
thank you for your rapid answer, Orannnge

StarGate Arena, official site ENG/FRA : http://pacific-interactive.site.voila.fr/
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@Veron: Thank you. I got a couple more bugs then i'll hook you up with a copy and see if you can find any bugs or maybe you can think of something to add."

Thanks a lot, i'm looking forward to testing it.

[center]
Agent Orannnge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2007 13:51
@Enless Fps Team: I was planning on releasing it as a template for people who want to use this for thier games. Which means no games included and mots of the text will be editable.

@Styloo: No problem . I have been very busy between this and another project but I can't wait to get this releasable.

@Veron: Awesome! I will give you a copy about a week prior to releasal.

Thank you for your positive feedback and intrest in Game Laucnher 0.1, Agent Orannnge

Goodman84
Years of Service
User Offline
@Agent Orannnge Oh kwl, well keep up the good work!

hey
Goodman84
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "If you want to test let me know and ill hook you up. *As of now the only way to edit the features is through the source code. So if you want to test you are going to need Visual Basic 2005.*"

I'd love to test it out it looks rly good!

hey

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 23:19:15
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 23:19:15