Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Mysterious Vista Animated Sprite Secret Install

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2007 15:16
Hello. I loaded up FPS, updates and model packs on Vista 64 ultimate and all is well. But when I load the Benge animated sprite pack, it does not show up at all as a choosable item in FPS. Is it installing to a wrong directory? Or not finishing install? I try to reinstall and get a modify remove etc. menu. I know where the original sprites are kept in the FPS directory. I would just move them there if I could locate the Benge pack install directory. I thought I had a similar problem on XP 64. Any ideas?

Goodman84
Years of Service
User Offline
For one FPSC X9 Is not Supported with vista, But you say this happened on your XP too?

hey
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2007 20:04
I got the same problem on XP, the Benges animated sprite pack where in wrong folder, I remember it was in program files, so i took the folder into the FPSC folder in some way and it worked. I cant remember how but try.

Visit us at www.freewebs.com/bigvikinggames , you can find our new free games and new free models.
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2007 20:05
Goodman,
FPSC works fine for me with Vista.
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2007 23:43
When all else fails use the search funtion

on your computer, just point it at your Program files and type in Benge. Unless you have 15 million files all with the word "Benge" in then you should find it quite quickly.

[center]
The all new EG Interactive Forums.
Goodman84
Years of Service
User Offline
Cheese Cake, I didn't say it didn't work I SAID it wasnt SUPPORTED by vista Supported, Working 2 DIFFERENT THINGS!

hey
Ninja Venom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2007 14:34
I have discovered my answer! 64 bit Windows XP or Vista has 2 program folders. All the FPS stuff and xtra packs installed in the 32 bit directory, "program files (x86)" where it should have. The animated sprite pack installs in the program files directory which is the 64 bit folder. I moved install pieces into x86 directory and no more problems. Runs great on Vista 64!

Will da gamr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2007 07:06
I am running Vista Home Premium and it installed fine for me. Well, if i were u get the "Benge sprites" folder that installs and put it here

C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\Files\entitybank\generic

that's where my folder is. Hope this helps!

yo
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2007 20:45
Quote: "Support your local Riker 9 Chapter."

Not after last time

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 23:16:03
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 23:16:03