Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / i have a final ring of questions as i look at this

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2007 19:49
im thinking of buying this for my brother and was looking through the manual in the demo and a few questions came up

can it handle dispcement maping

melee attacks, weapons b/c i never found it

can it handle headshot kills

reflections

fear this zones, ie ai stays out of these areas

can you write arena physics since they're not there by default

can you make a "gravity gun" and custom projectiles

and is multiplayer lan only or can it be used with something like gamespy for online play

and most importantly is there build in graphics(polygon) limits or is that limited only by processing power of the computer i know textures are 512x512

men is no can spell
Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2007 20:35 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2007 20:36
Quote: "
can it handle dispcement maping "

No
Quote: "melee attacks, weapons b/c i never found it"

Are possible, some model-packs have melee weapons.
can it handle headshot kills"

No. The current FPSC version doesn't support hitboxes.
Quote: "reflections"

No. Sphere/Cube- mapping is possible.
fear this zones, ie ai stays out of these areas"

What do you mean? You can create "hurtzones" that damages player if he enters it, or make something else happen with other event zones.
can you write arena physics since they're not there by default"

Techically you could, but this would require lots of source-code editing.
Quote: "can you make a "gravity gun" and custom projectiles"

No. The player can pick up and throw entities that have physics ON and are "light" enough. Projectiles in overall are quite hard to do.
Quote: "and is multiplayer lan only or can it be used with something like gamespy for online play"

The multiplayer uses P2P-style feature, where all the created servers of FPSC-games are visible. Everyone can enter anyone's game. If I remember right, the LAN connection was possible as well.
and most importantly is there build in graphics(polygon) limits or is that limited only by processing power of the computer i know textures are 512x512"

Not sure about this, but IIRC there is no polygon limit, but it's recommend not to have too many. The texture size limit (512x512) can be removed as well.

Also in case you haven't heard, there is FPSC X10, a DirectX10 and Vista -version in the works that is going to have better visuals and many new features as well.
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2007 22:36
Quote: "fear this zones, ie ai stays out of these areas"

No, but it is possible to put invisible walls in the way so nothing can go into a certain area.

[center]
The all new EG Interactive Forums.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 23:19:12
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 23:19:12