Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / AziPong released

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2003 13:44 Edited at: 7th Jun 2003 13:49
So guys, here's my version of PONG, I hope you'll like it.

Click on the link below, then select Azipong.

http://membres.lycos.fr/afnee/down/pc_games/index.html

Tell me your opinion. (and the Level highest level you could reach)
Try the EXE file : the source code contains only the basics of PONG. The EXE file is really more eyecandy.

IF INKEY$() = 0 THEN SLEEP 1000
roswell
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2003 17:44
Gave it a whirl. Not bad. Pretty solid programming, but then there's not a whole lot to it. I like the spinning background, but there are no sounds for the ball hitting the paddles, the wall, or slipping by. You may want to add some simple "ping-pong" sounds to help spruce it up a bit. You may want to consider adding some other elements to challenge the player. Perhaps you could add something that the player must occasionally dodge like an explosion or an alien spacecraft. Anything else to make it more challenging.

/* You are not expected to understand this. */

Dual Athlon 2.0/1GB RAM/GeForce Ti4200-128/Win2000 Pro
Damokles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2003 18:14
Just updated it, with some collision sounds ... not ping-pong ones, but nice anyway.

At first I was wanting to get some objects in the field, so the ball could bounce against it ... But if these objects weren't spheres or plains, the collision wasn't physically correct anymore. I'm still thinking about it.

To download the new version, it's the same procedure as above :
http://membres.lycos.fr/afnee/down/pc_games/index.html

Besides, the speed increases if you get a level higher.

"Begin at the beginning, and go on till you come to the end: then stop." - Lewis Carroll

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 13:48:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 13:48:46