Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Importing FPS Creator Levels to DBPro - Missing Textures

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2007 17:12
I'm attempting to port an FPS level I've created into DBPro and run the Dark Physics demo Character Controller>FPS Creator Level. I found a tutorial on loading the FPSC files and believe I've got this right. The structures are present and one corridor is completely textured and lightmapped. But two other sections are not textured. I have searched the forums and have seen one post that claims the sci-fi maps (which I'm using) are corrupted and can't be imported, but that post is two years old. Looking for a fresh perspective on this.

As I've typed this all out - just had a thought. The sections that are not textured are pre-fab buildings (I know - FPS Creator Levels in DBPro and I'm using the pre-fabs - how lazy can you get). Just need a level to begin learning the ins/outs of character and AI. I will retry this with non-prefab segments but appreciate anyone's insight on getting this right. Will add code/screenshots in a follow up post.

Would also like to know what I need to do to get my character inside the structure. I assume it's a matter of positioning object/camera on the appropriate x.y.z coordinates but I'm new to this and will take all the help I can get. Right now I'm on the outside looking in and so is my player.

'Yeah...I'm gonna' have to ask you to come in on Saturday. That'd be great.'
The 40 Year Old Gamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2007 04:17
Here's a screenshot of my map with missing walls and code (just a hack of the Dark Physics FPS Creator Level Demo).

'Yeah...I'm gonna' have to ask you to come in on Saturday. That'd be great.'

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-08 00:58:53
Your offset time is: 2024-09-08 00:58:53