Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Fpsc game for xbox 360?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2007 04:02
Is it possible to make an Fpsc game and turn it to an xbox 360 game?If so tell me.
Goodman84
Years of Service
User Offline
no, there may be a feature product to do this but not yet no! Next time please use the search function! Thanks!

hey
Dan the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2007 04:30
I did a seach 9 times but I coundn't find it.
Troy Chambers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2007 04:33
The answer is no, search deeper, I just barely searched it for two minutes and got the answer.

Troy Chambers
Dan the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2007 04:35
What should I type?
FPSC Scripts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2007 05:00
If you can build games for xbox with fpsc you still gotta buy the microsoft licence and bla bla bla wich is alot of money(wich maybe you cant pay)
And lol you cant build games with fpsc for the xbox yet.but if its possible you still need to pay money to legalize it...

i'm the M king.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2007 05:07
Awnsered many times before. As said above, nope ya can't. Why? Because, for one, in the Xbox 360's case, it reads binary backwards. So the entire exported exe is useless because it is compiled into machinecode for COMPUTERS. Licensing is another issue. Need I go on?

Vote today and play the games!
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2007 06:01
Quote: "Maybe for X10 it's more plausible but I think it would be a silly idea and hard to do as well,"

Yeah difficult because the 360 uses DirectX9.0c
The only thing realistically stopping FPSCreator being on the 360 is TGC not believeing it would be financially viable.

I've been able to get some DBP running on the 360 DeveloperKit, however a big problem with it is you have to low-level hack around some of the Windows dependancy that quite frankly isn't worth the time and effort.

There however wouldn't be a problem with TGC creating an Xbox 360 compatible version, that would read a common format. Yes, the 360 runs on a PowerPC processor that uses big-endian over little-endian that Intel/AMD uses; but that said it does have a hardware decode that will swap data. This isn't great for performance titles, but FPSCreator is hardly what could be deemed "performance" heavy.

That said, I'd be surprised if something the quality of FPSCreator made it past Microsoft quality control. I mean you don't have to make something fast, or enjoyable.. but there are over 130 technical criteria you have to meet and pass in order for it to quality for deployment.

And realistically I doubt TGC being able to make a product that can pass. I've asked Lee in the past a few times about making GDK compatible with the 360, so when I was done prototyping with DBP I wouldn't have to then recode everything extensively (i.e. from the ground up) just to deploy. The answer I got was "we have no plans for a 360 version", which imo is shooting themselves in the foot because console middleware is HUGE business now.

Dan the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2007 22:50
What game system would you think would run fpsc other than the pc?
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2007 22:52 Edited at: 7th Sep 2007 10:39
Everything I have said was with in the AUP.

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
No Comment. No Comment.

vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2007 23:37
Quote: "they make a special program for Windows which allowes you to create games for the XBox"

XNA Gamestudio

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2007 23:51
Only works with Torque and C++ apparently.

vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2007 01:00
Yeah but crispex didnt ask for anything in particular

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2007 02:37
Quote: "Grow up a bit"

Wow.. what happened to these forums since I've been gone? When I was here Those four words were used daily they were even put on t-shirts! Now when one person says... phew he's in for a beating. I'll be honest I haven't read throughout this because it is pointless but I'm right there with ya ASTEK.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2007 02:38
I have cleaned this thread up. Please keep it on topic or just let it die if you have nothing constructive to add. I wont lock it for the moment.

Thank you for your co-operation.

"There are those who said this day would never come - What have they to say Now?"
Dan the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2007 03:12
thanx uman any way check this out http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8969870313482849781&q=Augmented+game&total=80&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=7
After see the video would you think fpsc would find a way to do this?
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2007 03:13
There is a SDK for the xbox from windows and thats the only thing that will work for the xbox.
Now if you want to make for the PSP you can use Adventure Maker .

Dan the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2007 03:15
Thanx
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2007 03:58
Why is this still on going? The fact of the matter is you can not make FPSC in to an console style game. This has been told to you over and over again and was mentioned in many "cleaned" or "deleted/off topic" posts.

If you want information concerning Xbox game dev go to the microsoft website for XNA.

Cheers,
Dave

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I have cleaned this thread up. Please keep it on topic or just let it die if you have nothing constructive to add. I wont lock it for the moment."

Good job Uman.

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2007 06:34 Edited at: 7th Sep 2007 10:38
Quote: "Good job Uman."

For doing what? Removing posts that were relevant to the topic.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2007 11:09
Inevitably this post will be locked. I am sure that one of the other Mods would lock it if I dont. I have left it run because a user posts a topic and I to be fair to any original poster of a thread I am usually prepared to let threads run while oany forum member can have an opportunity to comment and have their say.

However they need to do so in a civilised manner or threads or posts will be edited, deleted or further action taken against either the posts or posters. This is the second time I have had to say this and step in in as many weeks to keep the forums civilised.

As to the AUP users should know by now that I personally do not debate either the AUP, Forum Rules or Moderators actions with anyone either publicly or privately, more so especially if an appraoch is not polite and civilised.

"There are those who said this day would never come - What have they to say Now?"
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2007 11:22
Dan the man,

To summarise an answer to your question, personally I would think it is almost impossible for almost any person on this planet to achieve what you want. That will be my opinion until someone can prove in a practical manner any different.

As has been said many times here any attempt is likely to be not worth the effort currently considering the current standing of FPSC.

It is hard enough to make a successful game product with FPSC as it is for the platform it was designed to run on.

Personally I would forget the idea completely.

Have a nice day all

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 23:18:53
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 23:18:53