Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Úber Noob question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
How do I make a roof on my room? And how do I show a picture at the start of a map?
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2007 18:00 Edited at: 7th Sep 2007 18:01
Im sorry but thats so basic but theres nothing I can say except read the manual that came with the product, its on the start menu. I am not going to encourage your idle nature.

One thing I really cant understand is how people can find this forum but cant find the manual?

Thanks
Adam
Ice Cube
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2007 18:07
You will have to buy some model packs, which include roofs (Model Pack 3 for ex.) or create it yourself. (I guess you don't mean ceiling ). You may also search for free ones.
As for the picture, the easiest way will be by using a story zone and choose a picture to show (*.bmp, *.tga, *.jpg) instead of video. You may also check some tutorials about huds.

http://yuppieserve.com/fpsc/
Mind Twistah
Years of Service
User Offline
The picture thing doesn't seem to work...

I make a Story Zone, in the visual field I put in my picture. I start the game but nothing happens

I know what may be the problem though. First I select the directory for my picture in the visual field that is this:
C:\Program\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\MyGames\Call of the Dead\Thehospital1.JPG
and press Apply Changes.
But when I open it again I see this in the visual field:
s\Call of the Dead\Thehospital1.JPG

:S
RedRocker
Years of Service
User Offline
You need to walk into the story zone or put it on top of your start marker to have it displayed at the start of your level.
Will da gamr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2007 08:01
Ok dude. On your editor it'll show a little icon on that shows an orange horizontal and a vertical square. Clicking on the vertical one goes into wall editing mode and the horizontal goes into ground. So press the plus key on your keyboard to go up a layer in your editor. Just paint the ground on top of the segments below.

yo
BMB
Years of Service
User Offline
Well at least you're not a total n00b. You spelled Úber right. Most people forget to add the accent on top of the u... Okay so they just don't know the alt key for it, whatever. lol

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2007 14:05
for making celing: choose segment and press F
For the picture: put the picture in the videosektion and it will work

Visit us at www.freewebs.com/bigvikinggames , you can find our new free games and new free models.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 23:21:10
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 23:21:10