Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I am looking for the best approach to combine DB Vehicle PhysX and DB AI. I'd like to make a vehicle folow automaticaly a certain object in the scene. The PhysX behaviour of the vehicle should work in the same manner as it would be moved by arrow keys.

Unfortunatelly I did not find any suitable command in the list of the DB PhysX API set. Or, I am overseeing something?

Thx
Martin
MartinS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2007 14:20 Edited at: 9th Sep 2007 14:21
IMHO, the best way would be for Dark AI to find the path, and then save it's waypoints. Now DP would take over. It sees if the waypoint is the the left or right of it, and then DP moves the car by steering it accordingly. Seeing as the waypoints are usually where turns are made, it might be OK to have DP slow down the vehicle if it's close to the waypoints, but then speed it up again after that.

Hope that helps!

G2L

Coming soon...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-08 00:39:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-08 00:39:10