Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Level corrupt - AI Falls through Floor (Advice needed)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2007 18:45
I have constructed a rather complex level and invested a lot of time in it. I started placing my AI and tested the level and the AI are dropping through the floor the moment they are spawned. This is only occuring with the AI, other entities are fine. It happens for the AI that are placed at start and those spawned using a trigger zone. I changed the start script for one of the AI to use the appearnofloorlogic.fpi script and that AI did not fall through the floor (he did however float two feet in the air and run through walls). Any idea what is causing this and how it might be corrected.

I moved the AI to different spots in the map to see if it was related a certain floor/segment type. didn't matter. I built a small test level to see if I could recreate the issue. No problems on the test level.

I've invested a lot of time in this map and hate to throw it away because the only thing I can get my AI to do is disappear into the floor.

Has anyone experienced this issue before?
Any idea what could potentially cause the issue?
Any idea how to fix it?
Should I chuck the level and start over?

Help - I'm really enjoying using FPSC but I'm losing faith. I've had a few corruptions in files and nothing seems to work quite right. If it would all come together, I think I could really start enjoying myself. Right now, I just want to shoot my computer.

'Yeah...I'm gonna' have to ask you to come in on Saturday. That'd be great.'
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2007 19:22
Ooohhh. Thats a nasty one. I think there might be a problem with a particular entity in the game. Also, are the entites not placed on the floor? If they are too low the collisions have problems and that might be the cause of it.

Hope I was some help.

[center]
The all new EG Interactive Forums.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 10th Sep 2007 19:25 Edited at: 10th Sep 2007 19:26
Sorry that you're having issues, but a little more info is needed to determine if they are of your own making or the program. I don't have the issue, and don't know of anyone who does with the exception of an occasional rogue character.

Please describe your level, and especially the segments/entities. Are you using stock segment, walls, floors, etc. Are they from an add on (Model Pack) and which one, or are they custom?

What settings are you using? Full shaders, etc and what version of the program?

Are the characters sinking into the floor, or falling all the way through?

What are your system specs, video settings.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2007 20:12
just curious what version of FPSC are you useing?

TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2007 20:24
Quote: "just curious what version of FPSC are you useing?"

Theoretically, it shouldn't matter what version he/she is using, as entities did not fall through the floor in any of the previous versions so far as I can remember...

[center]
The 40 Year Old Gamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2007 21:06
All - Thanks for the quick response. An attempt to add more detail on the issue.

I'm using a mixture of stock and freely available segments/entities but most come from the FPS Stock or new Model Packs. A few things I picked up off of FPS Free (just entities, not segments). I have tried characters from the SciFi, WWII, model packs 5 and 6 I believe. Same issue for all characters. The entities are placed on the floor (using Shift+Enter to line them up).

I have changed the settings for light in the global script to reduce ambient light. I have tried changing the settings for shaders and lighting in the Build Game settings (experimenting with each setting). This had no effect.

I'm using Sprites from the Sprite Pack 1 in the level. A difference from the test level that worked.

Characters are slipping completely through the floor. The animations run, but the character quickly drifts through the floor segment and disappears.

FPSC Version is 1.06.

My system is a Pentium 4 Dual Core, 2 GB Ram, nVidia GeForce Go 7600 running Vista (one of my greatest regrets in life). I could easily blame Vista for it given all the other problems its created, but the problem seems specific to this level.

Thanks for your help with this. I hate to toss the work I've done.

TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2007 22:53
Hmmmmm. I too wish there was a way to do some multi-level map copying.

I'm sorry but io think the only option is to restart your level again. My favourite phrase: "Life's a beach and then you die." I think is appropriate here.

[center]
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 10th Sep 2007 23:13
I wish I saw something that might be the cause, but I don't. Sorry, Old Gamer.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

The 40 Year Old Gamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2007 23:18
All right guys. Thanks for at least confirming my suspicion that I'm screwed. I think I will remove entities/segments bit-by-bit to see if I can find the offending object. Perhaps the knowledge will be useful in the future. If not for me, then someone else.

Cheers - or as we say in Texas. Thanks ya'll.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 23:17:49
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 23:17:49