Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Help with Adobe Illustrator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2003 05:19
This really dosen't have anything to do with DB, but maybe someone can help.

I just got Photoshop 7 and Illustrator 10 from my aunt (she owns a computer school) a few days ago. I have been using Photoshop mostly, but lately i've been trying illustrator. I know how to make a mesh, and color it by selecting points. I went to the help files and it says that I can color meshes with the paint bucket tool. I know that in Photoshop, you right click on the gradient button and select bucket. In Illustrator, the arrows next to the little buttons are there, but right click dosen't work. I searched many tutorials, and help files, but none tell how to do something as simple as this. Do I have a bad version of Illustrator or a problem with my computer? Or am I just not looking in the right place? Can someone please tell me where the paint bucket tool is?

Thanks in advance...
"Food is güd!" -Dean
"All programmers are playwrites and all computers are lousy actors" -Anon
Click Here!!!
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2003 12:34
hehe im dubious to answer, because even if its your aunties machine still does not grant free usage of expensive programs of this nature.
I personally dont like to pay extra high prices for something that gets distributed, whilst your auntie gives it to you for free.

If you havent worked it out by now then consult any one of the illustrator websites or even your auntie who owns the school perhaps.

theres always the manual,opps silly me i bet you didnt get one huh.

Porl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2003 13:23
You should just need to click on the tool button and keep the mouse button held down for a couple of seconds or hold down the 'alt' key (thats what it is on the mac im on at the minute) and it will scroll through the tools that are in that button.

Hope that makes sense.

Porl''
Porl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2003 13:25
..d'oh, if you hold down 'alt' you then click on the tool and it switches the tools...

i still haven't explained it very well!

Porl''
andrew11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2003 02:08 Edited at: 10th Jun 2003 02:37
@indi

No. My aunt has a computer school. She buys a few hundred copys and she had a few extra and gave one to me. I installed it on my computer. She does not know how to use it herself and I just wanted to ask a simple question because I didn't want to spend more time than I alreay have to find out how to do something simple. For your information, I did go to help files and tutorials on the net. Maybe you shouldn't jump to conclusions and be so rude.

@Porl

It works! I knew it was something simple like that. You would think that Adobe would make them both work the same. Thank you very much.

"Food is güd!" -Dean
"All programmers are playwrites and all computers are lousy actors" -Anon
Click Here!!!
Porl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2003 13:08
Your welcome!

Porl''

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 23:24:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 23:24:54