Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Synergy Editor - IDE for DarkBasic Professional

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2009 23:49
Quote: "Code-Surge(slow!)"

Have you tried the latest update?

MickeyIII
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2009 15:05
Yes I have tried the latest update, so like I said, it's probably my computer. The text and cursor have a hard time keeping up with my typing speed. It takes forever to catch up after I finish typing. I have a really nice and fast computer, so I don't think it has to do with my hardware. If someone could tell me how to order my .dba files in Synergy, I would very much appreciate it.
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2009 00:11
@MickeyIII
I have an extremely slow processor, and CodeSurge is lightning fast

John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2009 13:57 Edited at: 5th Dec 2009 13:57
4th December 2009

* Folded functions now display their name
* New search and replace dialog

http://www.digitalzenith.net

Synergy Editor - Available for free HERE!
N3wton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2009 03:20
First off, I love the editor, it's what i use for all my darkbasic projects good work

but...

I got a message today saying I had to download the new version, Fair enough new versions tend to have bug fixes.
So I downloaded it copied the exe over my existing, but now it does that annoying windows 7 thing where if i open up more than one .dba file within my project (e.g.open main.dba on one tabs and funcitons.dba on another) on my task bar it classes it as two instances of the application (so this gets annoying if I have 5 or more .dba's open) so I know how to stop this, you simply run in windows vista SP2 compatabillity mode, but when I ran the editor I got a message saying "It is being run in compatabillity mode, Please disable this and restart the editor". So can you pleaseee get rid of the annoying windows 7 thing, or just allow compatabillity mode

Thanks

Yours
N3wton

Duke E
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2009 14:10 Edited at: 7th Dec 2009 03:47
So the search is pretty good and finally nonmodal, but it would be nice to be able to open the window. No one wants to use the mouse to activate anything when coding, you forgot the Ctrl-F activation. As i'm on it; if the find window is already open the Ctrl-F should focus the cursor in the "find what" field. And link F3 to "find next" please.

Edit: Well found some more anomaly's in the Search window. If you paste something in the search box and press enter the window closes, the search button should be focused. "Search back(ward)" does nothing, still searches forward. The search window does not work at all in help files.

Regards
John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2009 14:24
12th December

* Find dialog now supports searching in selection, and correctly passes all search options to find method
* Closing block insertion code is more intelligent and supports spaces used as tabs
* Code View window updates should not 'jump'

http://www.digitalzenith.net

Todd Riggins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2009 23:22 Edited at: 4th Sep 2010 07:21
Am I currently the only one that still experience the induced slowness that the latest batch of synergy releases has with loading source files into thier own new tab'd window and when entering code???

(ie: Look up in the previous posts where I complained about it before to get a feel when it all started to happen for me )

I do notice that the bigger the project( ie: with more multiple source files ) it gets even slower when loading the source files into thier own tab'd windows. This is bugging the freak out of me. I want to use this editor because it was a nice editor to use and I always prefer to use the latest and greatest.

Thank the heavons and the universe that the editorU73.exe doesn't have the built-in disable-me-after-a-month thorn in it. At least that version has no speed problems what so ever for me. The only nagging problem it has is when trying to start a new project. But that one is old news.

My specs are in my sig. I have the latest drivers for everything.

ExoDev.Com - A Game Development Community Website! Featuring: XBOX360 CONTROLLER LIBRARY
John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2009 12:25
Try turning off all of these options. If this helps turn them back on one by one to find the offending feature. Also, let me know if you are using any third party shell products e.g. Winblinds

Text Editor
* Show command name and argumets in status bar
* Folding (all)
* Redraw on caret move
* Check bracket balance
* Allow tooltips

Semantic Analysis
* Enable code view
* Prompt me when lines contain errors
* Change cases of used variables to their defined case

Backup
* Allow Synergy Editor to backup my source code

Todd Riggins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2009 19:45 Edited at: 4th Sep 2010 07:22
It's the Semantic Analysis -> Enable Code View. If it's on, it acts like it's going to lock up the editor... if it's off, everthing seems nice and smooth.

Thankyou John.

ah... I just noticed other posts above explaining code view having slow problems. I should have caught that. sry about my crying there.

ExoDev.Com - A Game Development Community Website! Featuring: XBOX360 CONTROLLER LIBRARY
John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2009 20:35
How many lines are the source files that cause this issue? Is there any public dba files that I can look at that cause the slow down for you?

Todd Riggins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2009 22:31 Edited at: 4th Sep 2010 07:22
I just sent you a rar'd attachment to your given email address. It's a project with 10 dba files and 1 dbpro file. Thanks.

John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2009 14:47
Todd,

Do you mind resending to Payment [at] digitalzenith [dot] net.

Thanks

Todd Riggins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2009 23:02 Edited at: 4th Sep 2010 07:23
Sent to the new email address.

spiret
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2009 14:07
Hi John! I love synergy editor, I've been using it for a long time now.

However, I need that precompiler of yours for my project, but the link to download it is broken. Could you please repair it? I feel a precompiler is vital to clean, easy to change code.

By the way, great idea to run third party ones by command line through synergy!

Problem is solved!
John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2009 18:33
I'll see if I can find it out.

The latest releases are available at

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=163095&b=1

for the time being.

Duke E
Years of Service
User Offline
Version "Dec 24" is a nice improvement, all the little slow-downs in changing source file tabs are gone, great.

However the "Find and Replace" lack in the replace department .
I can't replace anything with either the "replace" single or "all" buttons?

Ah, one thing.
The Find window defaults to look in "Selection" if you have something selected, this is not so good, as one normally (with the current functionality) selects a variable and copies the text then pastes it in to the "Find what" textbox.

I like this behavior for editor searches:
First select text (less then a full line) then hit Ctrl-F and the selection is automatically pasted in to "Find what:" text box.
"Look in > Current document" should always be selected, unless you mark a full line of code or more. Then the "Find what:" should be empty on Ctrl-F activation and "Look in > Selection" should be automatically selected.

Regards
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2010 15:42
This has probably been answered, but I can't see the answer at a glance.

I'm running in Windows 7, program running as administrator,keywords manually rebuilt, but nothing is syntax highlighted. What am I doing wrong?

spiret
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2010 18:43 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2010 18:44
Duke E is right. I didn't want to post it as a bug, I thought it was just me.

But the replace feature seems to be broken in this release.

These things happen

And thanks John, for looking into the precompiler for me. Take your time

Problem is solved!
Blue Steel AU
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2010 14:29
in the exitoe when i try to pring a program listing i'm getting a notification window stating
"Encountered an impropper argument"
using win 7 in administrator mode..
PS: no probs on system printing anywhere else

http://www.codingmonkeys.com
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2010 12:56
using build 26 dec I found it could not detect this error,

box x,y,x2, y2-(),rgb(255,0,0)

the part it could not see was the brackets begin empty y2-().

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Burning Feet Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2010 12:55
I'm absolutely loving this Synergy Editor! Thank you so much for this wonderful IDE.
JoeOh
Years of Service
User Offline
This is a sweet editor. Been using it for a couple weeks now instead of the regular DBPro editor.

I do have one request that I can think of for the next released version. It's not critical more of an aesthetic thing.

I like to set the editor color scheme to have a black background to make it easier on my eyes to look at the screen longer. When I have the editor back-color set to black or near black, I would like to see the selected code stand out more.

Instead of the selected code get darker, how about inverting the color of the selected code strip? That would be keep for those who like dark editor backgrounds.

Home is where my souped-up computer is...
JORGEMAL
Years of Service
User Offline
I am testing the code below to see how 3D commands work. When I use the synergy editor a command window is openned and immediately closes not showing anything at all.
If I run it with the editor that comes originaly with Dark Basic Pro, a cube is shown and I can use the arrow keys to move it.
Is there any issue with Synergy Editor regarding working with objects.

Regards
Jorge Maldonado
Battoad
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2010 16:36
Using W7 with DB version 1.075.
The folding of Functions has stopped working.
Tools/Options/Text editor / Folding Functions is ticked, but i cannot even see the folding symbols next to my functions.

Battoad
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2010 11:40
I have found that by either clicking in the function or just above the function that this turns the folding option on. Very strange ??

RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2010 17:27
That bug is really annoying when opening new files, but if you create a keyboard shortcut for "Collapse to Definitions" (or "Toggle all Outlining"?) you can 'activate' the folding by pressing that shortcut once in every file (still a little bit annoying... )
Battoad
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2010 13:57
Thanks RedFlames but it is clearly a bug that needs sorting.

Also I am now getting DB ads at the bottom of my synergy window that takes up valuable space. Does anyone know how to hide these ads so that i can get full use of both the editor and output sections.

Battoad
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2010 14:32
N-P, i just closed DBpro down and started it up again and ads have disappeared. Being a purchased version it wasnt something i expected. Possibly another bug ?

Burning Feet Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2010 14:32
Thanks for the "collapse to definitions" work around RedFlames. That bug had been annoying me too!

Is this thread being actively used for feature enhancements? If so, I'd like to see the ability to develop a code library, as seen with other 3rd party IDEs. Very handy to have at hand when coding.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2010 00:35
I've noticed that if you change the "version" number under "version information" in the "properties" panel and save it reverts to 1.0 next time you load the project...

So what's the point in having it there if it doesn't save? Annoying...

Sorry if this has already been pointed out but I couldn't be bothered to read all 14 pages!

Gunslinger
Years of Service
User Offline
Can't run this.
"This app has expired, please visit http://digital...com to download a new version."

But i downloaded it 2 mins ago...
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2011 18:50
This is now the default editor for DBPro. If you download the latest update to DBP, you should have the latest version of this editor too.

Gunslinger
Years of Service
User Offline
I downloaded the full package, so it should be the newest?
enderleit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2011 17:24
Is this still updated?

Fitz marc ade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2011 12:11 Edited at: 20th Feb 2011 12:45
I have DarkGAME Studio and latest update. Everything is activated ok, but im getting adverts in my OUTPUT window. This happens everytime i open a project. Is there any way of de-activating the adverts? As im now only able to see 1 line of the OUTPUT window, which makes debugging alot harder!

Also i would like to use the built in synergy editor, if the adverts where disabled. I know that there are another 3 editors that can be used but im used to the synergy 1 now.

OK After trying to activate DBP with other keys i have with no success, ended up activating throught the "Activate from DBPro CD" feature to get another key in my email and now that 1 has worked and removed the adverts!

Only problem is my version number of DBP is wrong?

GMS
w2up
Years of Service
User Offline
this keeps happening to me too. The registration window in synergy says "Order Key Verified. Product is now activated." but still shows the adds at the bottom. Maybe if I get frustrated enough with the original editor, I will write my own again

alias waffle.
DB coder since 2002 and before

code ... the international laguage
yrkoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there a way to have the editor automatically pass information - such as the fully qualified project filename, at least - to an external program configured as a "tool" in the respective menu ?

What I have in mind is a "versioning tool" which makes snapshots
of all files pertaining to a project and stores them to a "Versions" directory (created in the projetc's own directory).

Or is there already an option there to do that ?

I know there are very sophisticated software control systems out there, but there's nothing like the simplicity of pressing just one button (or just one menu point ) to have a full working fileset including media and all stored away (and,possibly, on the byside, even replicate the same to a backup medium in one go).

Lives of great men all remind us we may make our lives sublime
Mulderman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2011 12:57 Edited at: 26th Jun 2011 17:34
I think it's pointless to reply in this thread.
I think he just dropped this project. No replies from him lately.
Who can fully finish any project for others and for free anyway?
Sooner or later, one will give up anyway.

Same with CodeSurge.
Quel
Years of Service
User Offline
It is the official editor now for DBP, would be funny to just stop working on it... especially regarding how buggy and slow it is, i would have really waited with making it the built in editor.

-In.Dev.X: A unique heavy story based shoot'em ~35%
-CoreFleet: An underground commander unit based RTS ~15%
-TailsVSEggman: An Sonic themed RTS under development for idea presentation to Sega ~15%
John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2011 20:31
Quote: "Is there a way to have the editor automatically pass information - such as the fully qualified project filename, at least - to an external program configured as a "tool" in the respective menu ?"

No, but there are two possibilities:
1. Your tool could read the project name out of the Synergy Editor tile bar
2. You could use a precompiler which is executed on every compile

yrkoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, John. Yes, I already considered the precompiler idea, but I wouldn't really think that "save current version" is necessary or even desirable with every compile.
Not sure about the "tile bar" thing, did you possibly mean to write "title bar" ? I'll look into that, nevertheless.

Lives of great men all remind us we may make our lives sublime
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2011 04:03
Is there another download link, because the original post link doesn't work?

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:52:05
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:52:05