Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Spring theory for wheels, and axel

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 04:55 Edited at: 21st Sep 2007 02:35
Okay, im in the middle of developing my vehicle creation code, and i came across a good idea. Actually showing springs, so my 3d modeler is modeling me some springs as we speak.

That being said i've been thinking if there is a way to add the wheels to the axel first... then joint the axel to the car body.. its said that you can add multiple body parts to a vehicle body, but will each will have to be mounted to a seperate body part? (the axel) And if i did do it that way... would the vehicle physics still work right... having 4 wheels attached to 4 different vehicle body id's?

Maybe someone has already encountered this problem, and maybe a solution, any bit of enlightenment would be appreciated. Im not asking for a written script here.

Thanks, here are some sketch ups of our axel model.

Byates
Years of Service
User Offline
*Bump*

Come on 23 views and no input?

A suggestion to the dark physics vehicle code also:

Make it to where we can specify our own wheel model from a seperate model file other the the body, instead of having to just use a limb from a different model make it to where we can specify a object model, and have the code do the limb adding for us?
Lucy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2007 01:20
Well, I'm fairly sure that the vehicle physics in DarkPhysics doesn't have the ability to automatically handle the position of wheels and springs. However, what you could do is code your own vehicle physics using DarkPhysics. I've thought about doing that but it just doesn't seem worth the effort because I have no intention of doing a vehicle game at this time.

I'm also disappointed with the fact that you must have 4 wheels, never more, never less. 4 exactly.

Nothing I say is intended to be rude. My autism means that I do not know what is rude and what isn't rude. I apologize if I seem rude. It is not my intention.
Byates
Years of Service
User Offline
Yea i suppose its for balance issues... i doubt Dark Physics could cope with a bike at its current stage, which is a big disapointment, and a holt to our developing firm. We've spent about $6,000 USD so far.. and now we have to rethink most of our programming plan.

There were a lot of misleading advertisements about the Dark Physics engine, a lot of left out features. *Cough* Bait-And-Switch *cough*...

Oh well just means more work, i've been thinkin about going back to Newton.. It doesn't have limits like that of Dark Physics, but yet it doesnt have quite the capabilities either.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-08 00:40:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-08 00:40:04