Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Cartoon Games?

Author
User Banned
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 05:15 Edited at: 18th Sep 2007 05:17
Does anybody have any idea how people make the fps cartoon games and stuff, because i have no idea... or maybe how to make a black and white game
game lover
Years of Service
User Offline
Well there could be many ways it all depends on how the game is going to be constructed and what you want it to be based on. Well for black and white you can just edit the textures of the segments and entities to make it black and white.

We all want to be awesome, but does awesome want to be us?
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 07:04 Edited at: 18th Sep 2007 07:06
Do you mean with a black outline, or do you mean a cell shader, do a search if you dont know what that means.

There is a toon shader for fpsc, but it doesnt work yet, see thread- nothings impossible, see the guy posting that, hes the one that can make the shaders work, fpsc officail staff wont make shaders work anytime soon, some comunity members will have to do it, at yet shaders are not working in fpsc.

You can make a cartoon game though by altering the textures to a more cartoon or comic book look, change the lightmaps, export them out, then save as giffs, say 2 or 3 colour, for more simple lightmaps, then convert them back into dds files.

If you want outlines, put them on the actual texture, and for the outline round objects that texturing wont put that black outline around, then get the model make a copy of it paint it all black and reverse the normals on it.
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 11:50
People have done at least 2 games in either inverted colour or B&W. I think Butters did one, find the showcase thread by him and have a look

[center]
The all new EG Interactive Forums.
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 12:40
ok thanks
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 18:01
If you want something simple, check out mine. Namely, you could make custom textures that look cartoony and bring it together in FPSC. Time-eating but worth it.

Join the pus in boots fan club for £39.99 a month and get a free T-shirt!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 01:22:09
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 01:22:09