Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] is this wrong

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 19:11
can you tell me how to make my own gaming program or something or can u make a better thing to put stuff in if possible sorry but its a real question i needed to ask also how can i make programs like ures????

http://www.myspace.com/the_gaming_masters
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 19:27
14 tubs of coffee and a whole load of brainpower?

I don't understand the question.

[center]
The all new EG Interactive Forums.
valid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 19:37
The Question is how do i make a gaming program like FPSC It self And Or Can FPSC MAke A Better Thing Cause Mine Keeps Erroring All The Time But I Have Trouble With My Charaters And Other Things And I Re-install the program and it dont make a change so tell me how to make my own program... plz

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
That's a good one.

~Dave

Phoenix Sentry Programmer
Tom J
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 19:41
Quote: "tell me how to make my own program"

Program

valid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 19:54
? what i do...?
Im Giving It Away To The Game Creators For Free To Sell... So Fare Is Fare...

TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 20:00 Edited at: 18th Sep 2007 20:06
Well you hunker down with DarkBASIC for about 2 years and start typing. A lot.

there is no way anyone can fit the whole of 'how to program your own engine in darkBASIC' in one single thread.

Also, I almost thought you'd managed to go for a whole thread Without Doing This. Keep Trying You'll Get There Eventually!

EDIT:Ha! I just realised something

your name is:
Quote: "Help Plz I'm New"

and you want to program your own engine? Something doesn't sound wuite right.

[center]
valid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 20:12
Aight Listen I Thought I Was Writing A Topic When I Made My User Name That Anyways I Mean Make A Program Like FPSC And like make stuff for it cause i can do that but i dont no what to use and can some 1 help also i cant be botherd at dark basic its crap no dis respect to anyone or anything its the truth lol....

valid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 20:15
Also That Way We Can Make Army Tanks And That To Drive To Make Blood And That a 100% More Real Than This Is Is There A Way To Make FPSC To Drive Cars Tanks Etc....

Samoz83
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 20:20
Well code it with the source code then you properly won't be able to do it i mean many have tried few have succeeded, also stop putting every first letter in caps

www.firelightstudio.co.uk
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
@Help Plz Im New: You need to program a program. FPSC would of been made out of thin air. But of-course FPSC has bugs. And besides you could down-grade to v1 and edit the source code.(or have they took that away?) But you'll need DBPro.

Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 20:25
Your grammar is terrible. And stop using flippin' capitals for every word!

http://www.freewebs.com/teammegabasic/
For low price FPSC and Dark BASIC media packs.
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 20:27
@opposing force: I've been saying that to him/her ever since he/she arrived

[center]
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 20:37 Edited at: 18th Sep 2007 20:59
@Help Plz Im New- I'm not trying to be mean but I will shoot you some strait answers.
1. Nobody is going to tell you how to program. You must purchase books from a bookstore or online bookstore and read about how to program. It's very complicated and requires allot of high math skills.
2. This is not the place to ask someone about programming. This is the FPSC forum, where most useres don't program. So we wouldn't know anyway.
3. Nobody is going to teach you about modeling. Once again you need to purchase a modeling program and read on the subject of modeling basics.
4.Also do a google search on these subjects. If you can't be bothered to take it seriously enough to do more than one search, then nobody will take you seriously. I don't. I honestly think this is an act. But that's just my opinion.
5. Do not type the way you do with capitalization on every word. I think you know this is wrong, because I havent heard of a language that capitalizes every word so even if you spoke a foreign language this would be incorrect.

Please take these things into consideration. And if this is an act then please put an end to it.

valid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 20:51
im serious ok and no i have tryed i always get the wrong programs a that so i ask for help and all of use that make em wont help cause i think thats realy wrong i would swear but im not gonna get banned for dat ok so help me everyone thanks btw disturbing 13

TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 20:56 Edited at: 18th Sep 2007 21:02
Groan.

How can I put this?
There's no point demanding help. You need to ask any questions you have with deep consideration before you ask them. Do a search of the forums, then google search for keywords in the forums, and then look through all the manuals. If you still can't find an answer, then it's probably worth posting about.

At which point, create a single topic posing a single question, in full English that we can read without straining out eyes and having to work through all the plz's and other rubbish. If it's really important, then it's worth typing in Standard English about.

Thanks, TGPEG.

EDIT: rememba, typin like dis iznt kool it just makez u look like an idiot and givez me headakez

[center]
valid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 21:03
tried and no sucsess sorry for my english cant spell prople and also all i wont to no is how to make enities and segments like for example charaters boxes health scifi rooms with wires and that thanks by the way TGPEG

TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 21:07
Getting better.

Characters are probably too difficult to model, but the rest of it can easily be done with Wehtam's Enity Maker (I think it's right at the top of this board at the moment), just edit the ones you get with FPSC and add a retexture.

To make sgements, you need a program like MagicFPS (www.uberdroid.com, off the top of my head).

[center]
valid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 21:10
huh um where to find this enity maker thing also thanks for that

TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 21:11
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=111796&b=21

[center]
valid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 21:17
i got a fpsc enity maker but i try to make charaters for fpsc and that they always go a red color and dont walk prople and that its heaps hard to figure out why

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 21:18
Isnt FPSC made by Dark Basic Pro?

Visit our new website! www.bigvikinggames.tk !New Forum is up!
Follow the progress of Lost Treasures
valid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 21:19
i got that program but how do i make textures and them with guns ?

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 21:22
Help Plz Im New youre going to have to work hard to create a program like FPSC youll definitely need to look into some of the free program makers out there theres one called Gamemaker www.yoyogames.com try that and see what you can do oh and try to put some punctuation into your posts as sometimes its quite difficult to know where one sentence ends and another one begins good luck

See what I did there?

Search for "HellHouse" in Showcase.
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 21:22 Edited at: 18th Sep 2007 21:28
It doesn't do guns or characters... sorry.

I have absolutely no idea how to model/rig character/ animate guns. I could tell you how to retexture characters, or change the gun's sounds, but other than that, I can't help you there.

EDIT:
Nickydude i was going to say something relly witty here about not using one sentence but the remark was only one sentence long and if i made it longer i might end up just warbling on about a load of rubbish thats completely irrelevant to the topic much like im doing now except now im still talking about what i was talking about before and that is relevant to the topic sort of plz help coz i really need this... lol

[center]
valid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 21:23
also that fps magic cant create anything

valid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 21:29
nickydude gamemaker is not good tryed ages ago its crap because not good stuff to do on it i wanna make a program not use a program anyways gamemaker can only make 2d games that are like pac man and that i wanna make war games and fighting games and games like grand theft auto and that sorry to disrespect you but thats the truth.

TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 21:29
It does segments and entities and signs, and to my mind that means it can create something.

[center]
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
What are you 5? Don't answer that. It's against AUP.

Second Chairman of COZ's Productions.
Tom J
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 22:39
With the whole username thing, it is possible to email a mod and ask politely for them to change it. You don't have to stay as Help plz im new forever, it would be bizarre if you still had that title still after a couple of years

I know barely a thing about FPSC (although I do have it on my PC somewhere) so I won't even dare treading into segment maker territory...

@BIG Viking games: ...although I do know FPSC was made in DBP, that's one of the few things I do know

TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 22:42
@ASTEK. I know I really shouldn't help, but just look at him, isn't he just beeging to be helped?

Ermmmmm. No.

[center]
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 22:42 Edited at: 18th Sep 2007 22:43
EDIT: Duplicate post. Don't know how that happened!?

[center]
Avid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 22:50 Edited at: 18th Sep 2007 22:52
Well... Programming requires a particular sort of mindset. You have to have an obsessive personality. This means being able to spend a whole day trying to work out why nothing is working, then finding out you used a ';' instead of a ':' somewhere. I suggest you try skinning, start with a character and change the colours (try doing it properly using Photoshop or the Gimp, do NOT use Paint). It's a steep learning curve and you have to be prepared to claw your way up it - very slowly.
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "tell me how to make my own program... plz"

Mahahahah! That's too funny.

But seriously, you must learn a language such as C++, or Visual Basic, or Java. I find VB the easiest (Visual Basic).

Temporarly away from the Phoenix Sentry.
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 22:53
Quote: "EDIT:Ha! I just realised something

your name is:

Quote: "Help Plz I'm New"

"

hahahahaha, sorry, but this made me laugh, A LOT. long day at high school.

"these shoes are 300 hundred dollars"-Shoes by Kelly http://smallgroupproductions.com/
Samoz83
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 22:57
Tip: use google for spellings

www.firelightstudio.co.uk
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
@Help Plz I'm New: You should either look for another game maker or you should carry on FPSC. Or! Make your own using DBPro or C++.

TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 23:19
@Flashing Snall; Wow! I'm so funny I'm funny when I'm not even trying to be. On top of that, I don't even get why that's funny. Please, explain.

[center]
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2007 23:39
Quote: "nickydude gamemaker is not good tryed ages ago its crap because not good stuff to do on it i wanna make a program not use a program anyways gamemaker can only make 2d games that are like pac man and that i wanna make war games and fighting games and games like grand theft auto and that sorry to disrespect you but thats the truth."

Actually, no it isn't.

There is no chance of helping this guy.

Troy Chambers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2007 06:45 Edited at: 19th Sep 2007 06:46
Dude, are you seriously asking how to make your own game making program, the only way you're gonna do that, is if you get a junk load of computer wiz's together for help and make a huge company. One guy didn't make FPSC, it must've took at least 50 people, actually that probably too low, it isn't possible unless you're some big company doing that stuff.

Troy Chambers
valid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2007 07:27
laugh out loud but anyways im gonna find a way to make charaters but how do i make the textures for the charaters also what part of the charater i got to do back or front or what.?

PresFox
Years of Service
User Offline
actually, i dont think 50 people made fpsc, TGC isnt that big. Id say 5 at tops.

There are tons of programs wich were made by a single persons or duo's, its really not impossible

DBP - max 5
RealmCrafter - 2 or 3
Blitz - max 5

Microsoft isnt evil, they just make really crappy operating systems -- Linus torvalds
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Actully the coding part of FPSC was done by about 3 Exceptional programmers lol. Being serious someone needs to remind this guy he has school exams that he should pay attention to and that there is zero chance of him writing his own game creation system, thats harder than just making a game yourself and as he cant even seem to use existing game creation systems I think he should really take a step back and go ahead and make that pacman game maybe he would learn something important for the future.

Thanks
Adam
PresFox
Years of Service
User Offline
true, but you can make a game creation program solo, it just takes time and effort

Microsoft isnt evil, they just make really crappy operating systems -- Linus torvalds
Whyrag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2007 13:14
Get the manual for FPSC translated to your language and that should help you . Then you will have fun with this great program.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 01:20:53
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 01:20:53